Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

You got a link to those groups?
Would love to understand the outlook of Indian miners for the coming months.

Also, does anyone know if RPtech will sell the 3050ti FE cards? And if so, will it be on enquiry basis like the other 30 series cards or a flash sale?
get into the "Solar Miner" group in telegram.

I submitted a request today on MDComputers to cancel my Sapphire 6500XT order. Since I'm not looking at too much gaming in the next few months.
If anyone is looking to upgrade, I guess you should keep an eye out for MDComputers re-listing this one for 19k in the coming days.

I submitted a request today on MDComputers to cancel my Sapphire 6500XT order. Since I'm not looking at too much gaming in the next few months.
If anyone is looking to upgrade, I guess you should keep an eye out for MDComputers re-listing this one for 19k in the coming days.
I guess they will happily accept it as its pre-order and users are supposed to get the GPU in the last week of Feb, 2022

I guess they will happily accept it as its pre-order and users are supposed to get the GPU in the last week of Feb, 2022
Just got a confirmation mail from them. They accepted it after deducting 2% convenience fee (about Rs 350).
As per their product page, the GPUs will get shipped this week itself. Not Feb.
1643034454170.png

Oh how I wish this to be true for my rx 580 4gb
But unless it is a binned card, where only 4gb was found to be good out of 8gb, this shouldn't be possible( downloading RAM sites come to mind). And if it was indeed binned then the extra 4gb will be of substandard quality( I'm sure I'm not writing the write term, but you get the idea).

The binning that you're thinking of is for the gpu itself where non-functional cores are lasered off.
This is more of an 'economy of scale' issue as it might have been cheaper to mass-produce 8gb cards instead of a mix of 4/8gb.
I believe this was done during the initial run to meet launch demand.
If your card does have the extra memory then it should work just as well as the rest of your vram.

Check these offers out at mdcomputers bundle with the GPUs like 3060 and ti version.

Not bad. What do you think?
Not really a good offer, imo.
Bundling top end Lian Li cases+fans+watercoolers+750 Watt PSUs makes it way too expensive.
Especially when they pair a 3060ti with it - a "budget" GPU.

Most people building a budget system won't be wiling to spend 1 lakh+ on fans+case+cooling+GPU.
And people with high-end builds, probably won't want a 3060ti.

Edit:
I just went through the product pages on MDcomputers and did the math,
you're saving a mere 4k by going for the bundle vs buying the same parts individually from their website.
What a rip-off!

Thats cool but don't mind me saying, this card ain't worth it. The NVIDIA counterparts are better than this.
It seemed to fit my requirements just right, actually - a Ryzen 3600 + B550 mobo allows me to use the 6500XT with PCIE4 - making the performance near-equivalent to a 1650 Super. Which is going for 35k online, currently.
Or perhaps, I'm being a bit biased because I had to rush with the purchase since it was a "flash sale".

Nvidia's 3050 cards are much better (although by not as great a margin as I had hoped considering the extra 4GB memory and $50 premium they charge over the 6500XT)
And the 3050 isn't truly "budget", is it? Even at MSRP a 25k card is just slightly out of my price range.

Regardless, they will almost certainly get scalped as soon as they launch, anyway.
At least it sucks at mining, so gamers won't have to compete with miners now.
But it's like looking at the sliver lining of a shit sandwich.

Any idea what would be the reasonable (the word that should not be used with gpu any more) price for buying a 3070ti FE from OLX or TE classified?
I'm firmly of the belief that any FE cards shouldn't be purchased higher than the MSRP. You're just spending money to skip the RPTech queue.
I know it could sound ridiculous, but I try to be conscious of where my money goes and I'm super averse to paying a premium to scalpers and hoarders.

Last edited:
The binning that you're thinking of is for the gpu itself where non-functional cores are lasered off.
This is more of an 'economy of scale' issue as it might have been cheaper to mass-produce 8gb cards instead of a mix of 4/8gb.
I believe this was done during the initial run to meet launch demand.
If your card does have the extra memory then it should work just as well as the rest of your vram.
Oh, thanks for the explanation. This means that the only difference between a 4 GB and 8 GB card will be the name printed on the card. Now, how do I find if my card has extra memory, I will look this up.

No point in going for the combos....used gpu's are already at lower prices now....3060ti for 60k with 2+ yrs of warranty...or the cheaper option 2060 for 35k easily.
Wait few more days and 5-10k drop again prices.

I'm firmly of the belief that any FE cards shouldn't be purchased higher than the MSRP. You're just spending money to skip the RPTech queue.
I know it could sound ridiculous, but I try to be conscious of where my money goes and I'm super averse to paying a premium to scalpers and hoarders.
I agree with your point of view but some times it becomes unavoidable to purchase a product even if the price is no less than extortion. so my option is to whether to pay that extortion to Zotac/Gigabyte/Asus or some scalper.

Oh, thanks for the explanation. This means that the only difference between a 4 GB and 8 GB card will be the name printed on the card. Now, how do I find if my card has extra memory, I will look this up.
so i did a little digging and sadly this potential perk is only found on the rx 480 as amd ran short of 512mb chips and used 1gb chips
the 4gb model was attractively priced and there was huge demand for it so amd just changed the bios of some cards and even used the 8gb packaging with stickers covering the 8gb.

so i did a little digging and sadly this potential perk is only found on the rx 480 as amd ran short of 512mb chips and used 1gb chips
the 4gb model was attractively priced and there was huge demand for it so amd just changed the bios of some cards and even used the 8gb packaging with stickers covering the 8gb.
Thanks for looking this up. Good thing not many games require 8gb to be playable currently.

Way too ****ing high even by today's standards. 3 Nov purchase and now selling due to crypto crash? Whoever buys this anywhere near this price is a big desperate fool tbh. Harsh but true.
Card is already at half life.

Back