Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

1060 6gb was around 16-18k.
1050ti was around 11k.
People have been used to seeing price for comparable performance dropping over 4 years .

E.g. Just with a casual glance without knowing much about those CPUs at https://www.cpubenchmark.net/mid_range_cpus.html. Intel Core i3-1115G4 launching at $281 has similar or better performance to Intel Core i7-4790T which launched at $303 earlier.

So even if 1060 6gb was more expensive at launch, if today something with similar performance is launched, naturally people will think the fair price to be much lower. As we know, all of this is hypothetical, in the imaginary world where mining and shortages haven't wreaked havoc :).

People have been used to seeing price for comparable performance dropping over 4 years .

E.g. Just with a casual glance without knowing much about those CPUs at https://www.cpubenchmark.net/mid_range_cpus.html. Intel Core i3-1115G4 launching at $281 has similar or better performance to Intel Core i7-4790T which launched at $303 earlier.

So even if 1060 6gb was more expensive at launch, if today something with similar performance is launched, naturally people will think the fair price to be much lower. As we know, all of this is hypothetical, in the imaginary world where mining and shortages haven't wreaked havoc :).
Very true. But the baseline for acceptable performance has shifted. Harddisks have gotten cheaper but once you have seen the performance of ssds, even a 1 TB harddisk at 2500 rupees(which is a great price) may make you feel cheated.
Also, 1060 6gb is a very capable card even at 16k. With the way inflation works and the greediness of Team Red and Team Green I doubt we are going to see similar performance at 10k anytime soon.
Unless some new player comes up with cheap gpus and shakes up market like ryzen we are in for a tough ride.

OCing memory is not a big deal. Most modern GPUs from Turing to Ampere can very easily do +800Mhz on memory without breaking a sweat (GDDR6). As for GDDR6X that's a different story. If there's even a slight chance of bad OC the shares will be invalid or the DAG file generated itself will be invalid and miner will know. So that's not a big issue.

In any case miner or a gamer I suggest everyone to OC slightly and check the card if buying used. +50 on core and +100~150Mhz on memory and run stress test. If something fails here then the life of the card is short.

There's absolutely no need to move anything to clean your GPUs if you do it regularly. As I said if you clean every 3-4 months then of course you'd have dust and debris caked up inside the GPU but even once a month if you blow it out or clean with a brush you don't need to deep clean it every 3-4 months.
Should the rejection rate ideally be zero? I get a 1-1.2% rejection rate after mining overnight. I have OC'd my 2080Ti hard because it's being water cooled.
Why is the 1660 Super priced higher than the 1660Ti?
Probably because the GDDR6 memory gives it a slight edge over the Ti for mining ETH after tweaking.

Last edited:
Should the rejection rate ideally be zero? I get a 1-1.2% rejection rate after mining overnight. I have OC'd my 2080Ti hard because it's being water cooled.
If the reason for rejected share is "Invalid share" or "Share above target" then your OC is bad else if it's "Job not found" then it's just due to latency which is normal.

Is this a Good Deal.. Considering Current Market Prices..!

EDIT:
How to delete comments..:oops:
I mis-read the price.. it's 35250..read it 32520..:sorry:.. I was looking for these prices since past few days.. Guess have to stop now.. :angelic:
These days.. these prices are driving everyone mad:p
here ya go, bud.

I would suggest to wait for 2 months or so as intel will come in market and if not then can try to go for a more decent gpu. 3060ti at min.
Yup.
Best case scenario would be if Intel floods the market with GPUs, so that scalpers are forced to drop their prices near MRP to get their RoI.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how that'll translate to Indian markets (due to fewer active AIBs & distributers here).

RPTech, for some reason, have stalled their sales. I've pretty much given up hope for an FE card.
Still, considering the 3050 is at par with the 1660Super and priced at least 15k less... It's not really "that bad".

Inno3d rtx 3060 is being offer for 48k as a bundle with few other components. One more month and it will be sold under 45k without bundle.

I am getting rather impatient though as I have been delaying machine learning personal project.

Does anyone know what the AIB card price was supposed to be for 3080Ti. FE costs 1.07L and AIB cards cost around 1.6L right now.

Inno3d rtx 3060 is being offer for 48k as a bundle with few other components. One more month and it will be sold under 45k without bundle.

I am getting rather impatient though as I have been delaying machine learning personal project.

Does anyone know what the AIB card price was supposed to be for 3080Ti. FE costs 1.07L and AIB cards cost around 1.6L right now.
The best I saw was 1.35L last week. others where like 1.60L to 1.70L

Without bundle it is 53k and used can be had for 45k...that too not much old

Back