Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

Haha that Agent 47 looks cute! :p

Btw none of you two guys (Souptik and Allwyn i.e.) managed to complete the title yet? Oh boy looks like you are taking up things slowly and enjoying the title. Way to go fellas. :happy14:

Naaaah Gannu... I'm taking my time with this title. Making it age on me a bit, like a bottle of good Chardonnay if you will. But honestly this game does take time on Purist, sometimes way too much time as the difficulty is punishing on the said mode. I mean I have encountered many moments of random guard movements in the game where my planned strategy went out of the window and I had to hit the reload-checkpoint button. I should be done with the remaining 6 missions by next week though and then I'll be doing the remaining challenges for each level.

Btw, in the later levels some of the missions look really good with the amazing graphics and details. Quite liked it. :)

Bloody stupid game.:annoyed: I am really missing the good old hitman. Anyways this game follows a plastic path all enemies moves according to a pre defined time if you can match the timing then only you will be able to sneak properly 1 sec here and there your cover will be blown.

After doing some 50+ retries in the second level of Terminus i have observed a thing.Adjacent to the room no 899 is window on your right and the room on your left leads to the evidence collecting room.I repeat if you are following this path then never ever try to hide by getting out of the window.If you do so a guard from nowhere will come there and will stand there for infinity and you will be forced to either take him out or go to the other side of the building.

Dont go out of this to hide.

New patch out on Steam. Here's the list of fixes:

- Added option to lower or disable Bloom effect
- 'Change Cover' action can now be mapped on a separate key.
- Country leaderboards are now in the correct language
- Weapon selector doesn't appear when point shooting anymore
- Pausing game doesn't skip cutscenes anymore
- Slightly improved general performance
- Performance improvements for MSAA and HBAO
- Fixed King of Chinatown behavior
- Disabled use of all DirectInput devices (as they are unsupported)
- The disguise parameters on ‘Professional’ difficulties have been tweaked.
- Difficulty adjustments
- Displayed high scores are now selected from all difficulty levels.
- Fix for negative scores
- Fixed disappearing user interface on AMD HD 3650

Gameplay progress time again and got one more mission done, here are the stats folks:

Skurky's Law (Purist Difficulty, Suit Only, No Pacifications):

I. Courthouse:

hma2012121016414782.jpg

II. Prison:

hma2012121016415660.jpg

This level was short but planning the distractions for the guards to get by them was crucial in the first level of the mission. The second level was much easier, even while ghosting with a suit only, no pacification approach versus the first level. I did this mission the first time around (as always) with disguises and what not and must say some of the sequences specially with a 'particular' disguise on makes the level a cinch. But once I changed to a suit only approach things got much harder as expected.

Next up is mission 16, 'Operation Sledgehammer'. :)

Hmph! so much try to get the highest score and you dont get it because it seems like a bug.i am done with this stupid level.

Btw what follows in "Run for your life" is hard to be accepted by a hitman fan.47 using wrong tool against wrong person.

@quan chi: Good going mate, happy to see your back to this title. Good luck with the upcoming missions ahead! I'm almost rolling towards the ending levels now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How could I miss him? He was right THERE whilst I was sneaking through that bunker area. :p

There there was

Kane, right at the bar entrance near the Jukebox. :p

and almost forgot to post:

Greats Balls of Fire on Purist:

hma2012121511555890.jpg

Were you able to beat Lilly's top score at the Gun Shop?

@Ethan_Hunt: Nopes, the last targets were too darn fast, will try it again when I return to the challenges part after I'm done with all 20 missions. Lily looked so nice, she and that bartender back on the Hunter and Hunted, both of them! ;)

I Should be done with the 17th mission by this evening. One part is giving me a tough time with the evasion bit but should get it figured out with a couple of hours maximum. :)

Weekend progress update, 2 missions done and dusted. :eek:hyeah:

Operation Sledgehammer (Purist Difficulty):

I. County Jail:

hma2012121121202569.jpg

II. Outgunned:

hma2012121121203554.jpg

III. Burn:

hma2012121121204200.jpg

IV. Hope Fair:

hma2012121121204830.jpg

This mission was a pain in the wrong place, really. I awas close to giving up with the guard patterns in the second level 'Outgunned'. Resorting to pacifications isn't my favorite thing to do in a game like this, I like to keep it spanking clean as far as possible but this level was just terrible! I think this has to be my least favorite mission in the game, except for the last cut-scene which is pretty amazing.

Blackwater Park (Purist Difficulty):

I. Blackwater Park:

hma2012121416034854.jpg

II. The Penthouse:

hma2012121416035542.jpg

A much better level. This was more the sort of Hitman game level which fans of this series have come to expect and love. Also, I will have a single broad question for @Ethan_Hunt regarding this level and thus I'll wait till he completes this level in it's entirety. :)

Next up is mission 19, 'Countdown'! I'm almost itching to reach the grand-finale now!! :eek:hyeah:

@Black_Hawk: Before you ask me a broad question, I have a short one for you, which is in conjunction with Lenny:

Can you tell me what options do we have in the Desert level, when we let Lenny run? Is it necessary to kill him or can we just walk away? I popped him at first, but felt slightly guilty afterwards. I mean sure he was an overtly-cocky punk, but he didn't really mean much harm I suppose.

Ethan_Hunt:

You have 3 things in total that you do in the Desert Level 'End of the Road' and here they are mate:

1. Kill Lenny - Oh well just kill the guy and be done with it if your trigger fingers are itching! ;)

2. Drive Away - Just have agent 47 use his car and he will leave Lenny in the heat of the barren desert. (I chose this option.)

3. Use an Easter Egg: Have an Ice-cream truck ram over Lenny :eek:hyeah:! Yes it be done and here's how to get that easter-egg to work:

Hitman: Absolution ? How to Kill with an Ice-Cream Truck [Easter Egg] | GameFront

So after 4 more days, the remaining 2 missions are complete and here are the stats folks:

Countdown (Purist Difficulty):

I. Blackwater Roof:

hma2012121621054439.jpg

Final Mission - Absolution (Purist Difficulty):

I. Cemetery Entrance:

hma2012121620555102.jpg

II. Burnwood Family Tomb:

hma2012121620555102.jpg

III. The Crematorium:

hma2012121620560608.jpg

Proof of SA Ranking (Before the rating mechanism averages it to 'Shadow' ranking after the entire mission completion, because the first level of the mission doesn't have any targets so SA rating on that level is unavailable):

hma2012121620470284.jpg

Right, so that is the grand finale done and that brings to close all 20 missions of the game!! It's been a riveting experience ghosting this game on Purist difficulty. I think this had to be the hardest stealth game undoubtedly I have tackled in a long time when the difficulty was pumped all the way up. I have spent so much time with this game just sitting behind cover studying guard movements to get that perfect smooth stealth approach. Yes, I had those frustrating moments, very much so, but in the end when all 20 levels have been completed it feels very rewarding. My gripe remains with the ranking mechanism but I'm satisfied and happy since I know the effort I had to put into getting through this game without a single shot fired and remaining stealthy as humanly possible by me which was my goal to begin with. My love for the Hitman series remains intact ever since I played Codename 47 back in my high-school days. Looking forward to the next game... :D

P.S. Now I'm going to take up the 'Challenges' and 'Play Styles' and just have some random fun with the game. I'll post screens as I complete challenges for each level. Time to shoot and blow stuff up! ;)

GT has labeled this game as the Most Disappointing Game 2012 in the game awards :1ign21:

Buggers also added Max Payne 3 as one of the nominees.

Finally managed to completed the game today. I'd say it was a good game, had much more potential, but doesn't deliver the satisfaction of it's predecessor(s). The game started out extremely well and Act I had so many interesting moments. The atmosphere and the level design in the initial chapters (till Rosewood) was amazing. Act II is where it all fizzled out for me. Dexter Industries & Death Factory were the lousiest chapters in the entire game. 'Attack of the Saints' was excellent though and so was 'Shaving Lenny' - extremely clever choice of locations in each of them. Act III was sort of mixed bag and felt kind of dragged along.

I should have started the game on Normal, as Purist difficulty was extremely punishing. It took up a great deal of my time and at one point, manage to break the entire flow of the storyline. But in Normal, it was finally great to put my fibe-wire to good use, along side the silver ballers. I'd say IO made a good attempt to bring something new on the table with this franchise. Although, hardcore Hitman fans might have already expressed their discontent with the game, I feel it did offer a good stealth/action experience. So fan or no fan, I'd say this game is definitely fun.

Black_Hawk
:

With the obvious question looming over my head toward the end of the game; How in the f*ck did Diana survive? Did 47 stage her death?

Back