Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

@Ethan_Hunt: Thanks a ton for the much needed info! So what I will do then is keep doing the missions right till the penultimate one and then go back and complete the challenges for each of the earlier levels and also complete each of the levels on Purist to get a higher score. Now here is another little question that popped into my head:

Suppose I complete the challenges of a particular level on normal difficulty and go onto complete the level as usual. Then I attempt that same level on purist difficulty will those completed challenges previously done on normal difficulty add to my total score on the purist difficulty play-through as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ethan_Hunt: Awritey and even if it doesn't at least I will be able to complete the challenges which is my primary motto here. I really want to complete this game to the T. :)

Progress Update: Done with the Fight Night level, will post stats in the evening. This was a really fun level to do, specially the 'Ring-Fight' approach!! :eek:hyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you done with 'Attack of the Saints' level?

That's the next BIG one... and that's the one I've been waiting for!! Oh those saints in black shiny leather... hot dayum!! I know your also excited about that mission in particular. It'll be sweet to get that pristine SA rank on that one! :eek:hyeah:

:evilgrin39:

I have been waiting to play that mission since I saw the trailer. I'll definitely find some innovative ways to take them out. ;)

Also, is it just me or does Victoria's facial model, slightly resemble that of Ellen Page?

Ethan_Hunt: Exactly that trailer was absolutely kick-ass specially with those saints strutting in with heat, whew! ;)

Now that you mention yes, as a matter of fact Victoria does have a resemblance to Ellen Page, the nose part for sure.

You know one thing I have noted so far in this game is that if you've played all the other past Hitman games you would have noticed how everyone on the map used to stare at Agent 47 when he walked by be it in a disguise or not. What I mean is if you walked by a character/NPS on a level, he/she would stare at him with a look which kind of felt like "You look so weird!" Lol, It was rather odd! But in this game that feature has been completely done away with. A good thing that but that odd stare was such a hallmark Hitman game feature I tell you!

You know one thing I have noted so far in this game is that if you've played all the other past Hitman games you would have noticed how everyone on the map used to stare at Agent 47 when he walked by be it in a disguise or not. What I mean is if you walked by a character/NPS on a level, he/she would stare at him with a look which kind of felt like "You look so weird!" Lol, It was rather odd! But in this game that feature has been completely done away with. A good thing that but that odd stare was such a hallmark Hitman game feature I tell you!

Yeah I remember that. Especially in Silent Assassin, when you would roam around in a disguise, they would literally give us that suspicious look. In this, we pretty much blow our cover almost instantly. :(

1920x1080. And no it is not my sight as I just finished playing AC III and it looked spectacular.

Then we probably aren't playing the same game. It looks amazing on maxed out detail. Not only is it a massive improvement over the previous Hitman titles, in terms of graphics, but it's one of the most visually detailed title this year, next to Sleeping Dogs.

Barring the reflective bloom issue, I don't see how this can be anything short of a visual splendor.

Back on topic,

Completed 'Hunter and Hunted' Suit only, no pacification, no kills (except target) and all evidence grabbed:

Courtyard:

hma2012121020212099.jpg

The Vixen Club:

hma2012121020213245.jpg

Dressing Rooms:

hma2012121020214095.jpg

Derelict Building:

hma2012121020215257.jpg

Convenience Store:

hma2012121020220212.jpg

Chinese New Year:

hma2012121020221577.jpg

Ethan_Hunt: Great job on the Hunter and Hunted level mate, keep up the stealth! :D

Update for my progress - Completed mission 13: Had a great time playing through this mission and tried a number of methods to take down the target and get through the levels. Doing this mission with disguises was definitely much more fun and was the pick of the methods for me! :D

Here are the stats:

Fight Night:

(Fight Ring Approach, Purist Difficulty):

I. Patriot's Hangar:

hma2012120816221165.jpg

II. The Arena:

hma2012120816221843.jpg

(Accidents Only, Purist Difficulty):

I. Patriot's Hangar:

hma2012120820552039.jpg

II. The Arena:

hma2012120820552890.jpg

I decided to post the Accident Only stats as against the suit only as I raked more points in the AO approach.

Next up is the BIG one, the one I have been waiting for so damn long... 'The Attacks of the Saints'!!! :eek:hyeah:

The terminus is one of the worst frustrating levels ever and i have started to hate this game.Getting more points by completing objectives to achieve the highest rating is totally nonsense in this series.Where objectives have no relevant meaning. You are just forced to complete the task to achieve the shadow or sa rating which only increases the gametime.Nonsense!
Even AIs are weird sometimes they spots you from nowhere(probably a glitch as it dosent shows spotted in the achievement list but you get the flash warning) sometimes they just acts dishonored!

Rightly put i never felt there was any story at all seems a mission specific task, they can release any number of DLC and say its story act :lol:

I give up! I'm sorry folks. It's been a good ride with Purist mode, but I just can't seem to allot enough time for this mode and that too with no kills, no pacification and suit only. I mean I have literally spent 56 hours in total now and only completed the first part of the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shying away from the challenge, but time is of the essence out here. I have a lot of backlog to clear and the rate at which I'm progressing in this game, I won't make it that fast. Hence, I have made a shift to Normal mode. :)

Awrite... OMG after I don't even know how many hours spent got the most pristine rating I wanted on the most vast and dauntingly difficult and epic mission 'Attack of the Saints'. Here are my stats after all the hard work put into this mission, saints to sinners all garotted up close and personal. ;)

Attack of the Saints (Purist Difficulty):

I. Parking:

hma2012120917041477.jpg

II. Reception:

hma2012120917042079.jpg

III. Cornfield: (OMG this had to be the hardest level so far, was insanely difficult to stay unseen and get clean garrote kills of 3 targets!)

hma2012120917042687.jpg

Purist Difficulty In-between level stat check (Cornfield):

hma2012120917021759.jpg

Right folks, there you have it... a pristine clean Silent Assassin Rating on the most difficult levels yet. I'm rolling towards the end of the game now and I think this mission obviously was where the co-ordination and timing elements were pushed to the peak by the game on Purist difficulty. I'm more than glad to have pulled it off and ghosted my way through getting garrote kills on the saucy saints except for one. But I'll take it. :)

Next up is the mission: 'Skurky's Law'.

Btw i already book l Hitman: Absolution (Deluxe Professional Edition) which it cost 6k :| and i love that toy it look awesome

374566_496786220341725_128708580_n.jpg

528_496786283675052_1413238393_n.jpg

Haha that Agent 47 looks cute! :p

Btw none of you two guys (Souptik and Allwyn i.e.) managed to complete the title yet? Oh boy looks like you are taking up things slowly and enjoying the title. Way to go fellas. :happy14:

I have switched to Normal difficulty, so I should be able to finish this off in a couple of days. Black_Hawk is almost nearing the end, I think. So yeah, me and quan_chi are probably the only ones remaining.

I'll quote myself from above:

I give up! I'm sorry folks. It's been a good ride with Purist mode, but I just can't seem to allot enough time for this mode and that too with no kills, no pacification and suit only. I mean I have literally spent 56 hours in total now and only completed the first part of the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shying away from the challenge, but time is of the essence out here. I have a lot of backlog to clear and the rate at which I'm progressing in this game, I won't make it that fast. Hence, I have made a shift to Normal mode.

:p

Back