HP Touchpad for 100$ @ US online stores

Don't refer to TouchDroid. They're a thieving bunch of showoff gits, who rip off other's work without any acknowledgement.

They stole around 200 lines of code from the CM team for the Touchscreen drivers. And failed to mention that in their "victory" video about the touchscreen. Sheesh.

Oh and they're no more active. They've been disbanded, rightly so. So it's CM who look most likely to give us a working android port. :)

Yup these people got it from pastebin when CM developers used pastebin anony to share code.

These guys literally told in a IRC chat f** cyanogen and accepted stealing code.

The moderators at rootz has to close the thread where these guys are getting bashed.:eek:hyeah:

Now they have released their dump in to get some fame.

CM developer has tweeted that there is still more work to be done (meaning they won't give some thing that works only partially) so, we still have to wait some more time.

JT_Daniel, if you have any other link for the port then please post it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kuduku said:
My bad luck still running bad . Again got an email from newegg that they have as TP for me and I dont have as CC which works on egg

Now 2 times egg has offered me a TP

Will VCC (Virtual Credit Card) not work with Newegg?

This is the touch droid port page
touch-droid.com forum • View topic - Semi-working build of 2.3.5 on the HP TouchPad
I guess only the basic system is working, they don't even have GPU working, no home,menu,back soft buttons so, we have to use adb to send events.

CM's port is not out yet.
this is the message from a CM dev

"It seems some web sites and such are over optimistic about the current status of Android on the Touchpad. There is still much to do"

Yeah, just the TouchDroid team have their port out, but that's way too primitive.

CM team are making a lot of progress but they don't have a port yet. Hopefully we'll see one in the coming weeks.
And Kuduku, why don't you get the ICC guys to pay?

^

I dont see prices going down since its not being manufactured now and if its then in very limited quantity. its been maintaining same price for last 15-20 days.Prices will remain stable or will go up little.

JT_daniel said:
Yeah, just the TouchDroid team have their port out, but that's way too primitive.

CM team are making a lot of progress but they don't have a port yet. Hopefully we'll see one in the coming weeks.

And Kuduku, why don't you get the ICC guys to pay?

its on my email

How can they buy it . If they would give a link then i can forward that link

But no link OOS on site

thenvk said:
There is an app called touchpalayer, install that and it plays almost everything. I tries 2gb MKV, AVI, MP4 files.Played these effortlessly.

Ya for that we have to install preware? Hows KALEMSOFT media player?

techpal said:
Ya for that we have to install preware? Hows KALEMSOFT media player?

I tried the kalemsoft player but it did not work. ORb player is similar to kalemsoftplayer,but I did not like it as it was buffering data from PC at low quality. It was more of youtube video experience. The touchplayer has stunning quality.

Also try Audiphile HD audio player. Its good.

Coming to games, NFS HP is awesome :) try it.

Back