L.A Noire - Discussion Thread

Re: L.A Noire Thread [Xbox 360/PS3]

Gannu said:
^Like you guys have already exhausted your backlogs. Oh come on! :p
lol i have a really LARGE backlog (REALLY LARGE), but still, R* games are the best. Definitely one of my fav developers.

Xbox 360 Achievement List revealed:

A Cop On Every Corner - Complete a single street crime case.

Johnny On The Spot - Respond to 20 street crime cases.

The Long Arm Of The Law - Complete all street crime cases.

The City Of The Angels - Reach 100% Game Complete.

The Up And Up - Complete a story case with a five star rating.

Shamus To The Stars - Complete all story cases with a five star rating.

The Brass - Achieve maximum rank.

Not So Hasty - Stop a fleeing suspect with a warning shot as an LAPD Detective.

Asphalt Jungle - Chase down and tackle a fleeing suspect on foot as an LAPD Detective.

Traffic Stop - Disable a suspect vehicle with help from your partner.

The Straight Dope - Use evidence to prove a lie as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.

One For The File - Find and inspect a clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.

Golden Boy - Clear a case finding every clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.

The Plot Thickens - Find and solve an inspection puzzle.

Lead Foot - Keep the needle above 80mph for more than ten seconds while driving.

Miles On The Clock - Drive more than 194.7 miles.

Wooden Overcoats - Bring down a total of 30 bad guys with head shots.

Dead Men Are Heavier - Shoot and kill a total of 100 bad guys.

Roscoe And Friends - Kill at least one bad guy with every gun.

Magpie - Find and inspect 95% of all clues.

The Shadow - Tail a suspect without being spotted, in a single case.

The Third Degree - Correctly branch every question in every interview in a single story case.

The Hunch - Use five intuition points in conversation with a single suspect, correctly branching each question.

Star Map - Discover all landmark buildings around the city.

Public Menace - Rack up $47,000 in penalties during a single story case.

The Moose - Tail Candy Edwards from the parking lot to her destination without using cover or going incognito.

Keep A Lid On - Complete a brawl without losing your hat as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.

Auto Enthusiast - Drive 5 different vehicles.

Auto Collector - Drive 40 different vehicles.

Auto Fanatic - Drive every vehicle in the city.

Hollywoodland - Find and inspect all gold film canisters.

Plus 9 secret Achievements to discover when LA Noire launches on May 17th in North America and May 20th in Europe.

dinjo said:
PS3 version is better right ?

We'll have to wait and watch I guess. All the previews shown till date have been on the PS3, which look really amazing. Ironic, since most of Rockstar's RAGE (engine) usually seemed to love the 360's hardware. But then again, it's Team Bondi and this might be a new engine, so we need to watch out for more news or wait till the game releases.

Ethan_Hunt said:
We'll have to wait and watch I guess. All the previews shown till date have been on the PS3, which look really amazing. Ironic, since most of Rockstar's RAGE (engine) usually seemed to love the 360's hardware. But then again, it's Team Bondi and this might be a new engine, so we need to watch out for more news or wait till the game releases.
I thought the very same, maybe they optimised their engine well? But i don't think they could have done that in one year, so maybe a new team bondi engine as you suggested. - BTW R* Games are awesome! Looking forward to this one!

The game engine used is Euphoria and RAGE so i think it might look well on PS3.

@Gannu

HDD landed last evening hence signature was changed

dinjo said:
The game engine used is Euphoria and RAGE so i think it might look well on PS3.

L.A.N uses Euphoria and RAGE? Now where was that mentioned?

Since the very beginning, there was no mention of the engine used in the game so this led people to believe Team Bondi's proprietary engine was being used.

dinjo said:
@Gannu

HDD landed last evening hence signature was changed
Ah I see! Now it makes sense. :p

Noire uses a unknown engine but the new engine uses most of content from RAGE and Euphoria its mentioned on L.A Noire forums

Gannu said:
Ah I see! Now it makes sense. :p
want me to change it? :p

dinjo said:
Noire uses a unknown engine but the new engine uses most of content from RAGE and Euphoria its mentioned on L.A Noire forums
RDR sometimes has framedrops on PS3 and also looks blurry, i just hope this doesn't.

The engine looks really good and seems to have AA enabled and looks very similar to Mafia 2, in terms of character detailing. The advanced facial animation is what distinguishes it from other games.

^ The article says "LA Noire releases on May 17 in the US and May 20 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC."

Its not releasing for the PC is it? :p

Aman27deep said:
^ The article says "LA Noire releases on May 17 in the US and May 20 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC."

Its not releasing for the PC is it? :p
Must be a typo. The game is a console exclusive. At least until now. :p

Aman27deep said:
Five hours is a LOT.... MGS4 had nine.... and most COD games LAST five hours - lol.
MGS 4 - I slept a bit during the epilogue. :ashamed:

Back