L.A Noire - Discussion Thread

Re: L.A Noire Thread [Xbox 360/PS3]

Because ACP pradhuman is not there to guide them :ROFL:

Aman27deep said:
Maybe they tweaked RAGE a bit so that it could use the PS3 CPU better? who knows.
Not sure if this game uses RAGE since it is only published by R*. Could be Team Bondi's proprietary engine as well.

xXx said:
Having seen all the videos, one thing is to be noticed -
why is he touching all the evidence, with his bare hands? If he is the investigation officer, he should atleast wear a glove?
Nice eye detective. Did that era have a forensic team? Plus it's just a game, not CSI. :p

Gannu said:
Not sure if this game uses RAGE since it is only published by R*. Could be Team Bondi's proprietary engine as well.

Might be.

dinjo said:
Because ACP pradhuman is not there to guide them :ROFL:

Ethan_Hunt said:
Nice eye detective. Did that era have a forensic team? Plus it's just a game, not CSI. :p
:rofl:

Screens are just okay. This game won't be known for its graphics i'm sure, everyone is counting on the gameplay like me (and the facial animation? :p).

i love how rockstar's characters are so incredibly and perfectly defined.i am really really looking forward to this game.with the mass effect 3 and uc3 coming up this might[might!] just match them.cant wait for this especially for gamers like me who like a good story.

I'm wondering, for the past few years, R* is releasing something major every year.

This year it'll be LA Noire.

I'm projecting that next year may be GTA 5.

And the year later Agent?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Dude, you are practically touching all evidences with bare hands. Atleast a glove is expected if you are touching anything on crime scene, even our CID knows that :rofl:

xXx said:
Dude, you are practically touching all evidences with bare hands. Atleast a glove is expected if you are touching anything on crime scene, even our CID knows that :rofl:
Quite a valid point there.

Send a mail to R* - they may address this issue with a patch. :D

xXx said:
Need to dig up some history....

hmm here it is...Wiki to the rescue -

In 1890 William Stewart Halsted was the first to use sterilized medical gloves when he was at Johns Hopkins University

Medical glove - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:D
In the same article, scroll down a little, and you will see

"The first disposable latex medical gloves were manufactured in 1964 by Ansell"

So this game is set in 1947. So of course they don't wear gloves. Correct me if i'm wrong.

IMO doctors were wearing a medical glove....before the introduction of latex gloves :p

xXx said:
IMO doctors were wearing a medical glove....before the introduction of latex gloves :p
May be. But is the protagonist of Noire a Doc? :p

but being realistic, my theory is that during the 40's they didn't go after the fingerprints and they might have not had a fingerprint database, so touching or not touching didn't matter.

^I just finished Mass Effect 2 yesterday, started Mafia 2 (dull game compared to Mafia 1 :/).

Playing Top Spin 4 & Castlevania side by side...

Back