Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guyz, i have 2 very minute dead pixel almost not visible - have asked for a replacement yesterday but havent received any call from their side, can anyone guide me how to receive the replacement as fast as possible
Also the battery life is extremely good, charged to 100% at 8am, almost travelled from mumbai to panvel and back, with around 1hr of movie and 1hr of gameplay and around 40mins of calls and regular whatsapp use, still at around 8pm i had 15% remaining and i got a total SOT of around 6hrs
Only issue i have is the battery reduction rate in standby mode is a bit on a higher side, any solution to this ?
wipe the cache partition and see if that helos
i had a minute dead pixel in the middle of the screen and i was issued a prompt replacement

I ordered 16 GB on 27 Feb 14 and got it on 01 Mar 14 :). Nice Phone. I have not yet updated to Kit Kat, will do it in next 1-2 days.

Few observations:
a) There is no battery percentage option (not present by default)
b) FM Radio does not have option to play from speaker (I could not find one, so please help me)
c) When I am in low range area and I used 3G for sometime (watching video in youtube), the phone heats up a little. Has anyone else faced any such issue ?

Apart from this, no complaints. Batter life and screen is quite good.

While updating to Kit Kat, will the device itself take all backup of apps, contacts, etc (I have never updated Android)

Thanks,
Subu.

^ under normal use, i think so. Uhhh ... for 1000 bucks it better ;-)

another thing - i found it a bit diff to use the buttons on the phone after fixing the case. that's not nillkin fault - it would be the same with any other case.

1 hour with the phone and I am going back to my note-2. This sure is leaps and bounds ahead of other phones in this price range but I guess I can't go back to the tiny screen. This one is going to my wife after a week or so.

I am still impressed by the phone, just that I'd prefer to stay with my Note-2.

^ under normal use, i think so. Uhhh ... for 1000 bucks it better ;-)

another thing - i found it a bit diff to use the buttons on the phone after fixing the case. that's not nillkin fault - it would be the same with any other case.
Then I will get if from ebay.com. It's available for around 7$ there.

I ordered 16 GB on 27 Feb 14 and got it on 01 Mar 14 :). Nice Phone. I have not yet updated to Kit Kat, will do it in next 1-2 days.

Few observations:
a) There is no battery percentage option (not present by default)
b) FM Radio does not have option to play from speaker (I could not find one, so please help me)
c) When I am in low range area and I used 3G for sometime (watching video in youtube), the phone heats up a little. Has anyone else faced any such issue ?

Apart from this, no complaints. Batter life and screen is quite good.

While updating to Kit Kat, will the device itself take all backup of apps, contacts, etc (I have never updated Android)

Thanks,
Subu.

1) Drop down notification now displays the battery % (I thought that was a kitkat only thing). Also, the 2G/3G/Wifi data arrows are only shown in the dropdown now.
2) Most phones require the headphone/earphone plugged in for FM (apparently acts as an antenna)
3) 3G is more of a battery hog.

If you do an OTA update, there is no need for backup as everything is still there on the device. To be on the safe side, you can always turn on autobackup in "Photos" to send all photographs to your G+ account. Also turn on backup on your device under Settings > Backup and reset. What happens then is that if you do a factory reset, the phone starts restoring your apps etc when you sign in to google again.

wipe the cache partition and see if that helos
i had a minute dead pixel in the middle of the screen and i was issued a prompt replacement

Cache wiping dint help and neither did formatting and all, they have approved my replacement request and it shall be arriving tomorrow or after that, but the thing is in the mail they have written that they will take the phone first, verify and then give me a new one.

Also i have read reviews of flipkart giving returned products as replacement - lets hope i get a brand new sealed piece with no issues this time

Cache wiping dint help and neither did formatting and all, they have approved my replacement request and it shall be arriving tomorrow or after that, but the thing is in the mail they have written that they will take the phone first, verify and then give me a new one.

Also i have read reviews of flipkart giving returned products as replacement - lets hope i get a brand new sealed piece with no issues this time

I dint know this! Hopefully my replacement is a sealed new piece as well. I am going to check it right in front of the courier guy.

My flipkart order area shows a replacement is already on the way.

Would the NILLKiN flip case be better without the window ? When the case is closed, the phone shuts off. Yes, the ON-OFF switch can be used to switch it on but most users will rarely do that. The window just leaves quite a large part of the screen exposed.
I at least would prefer no window.

EDIT : Sorry, on opening the box and closer examination I'm wrong. The "window" actually has a trans plastic sheet - I only noticed the peel off sticker and assumed there was noting below the peel off sticker. MY BAD.
Sorry.

I dint know this! Hopefully my replacement is a sealed new piece as well. I am going to check it right in front of the courier guy.

My flipkart order area shows a replacement is already on the way.
Same here, mine is reached Mumbai - though i wont be available when the courier guy comes, fingers crossed

Same here, mine is reached Mumbai - though i wont be available when the courier guy comes, fingers crossed
Flipkart called.

• Package to be returned and replacement are exchanged at the same time. So no waiting period.
  • Box being sent are sealed boxes. If not, you can return it directly to the courier guy.

I went to a local mobile shop for applying a screen guard, now i am not making any profit in this before anyone writes something like that -
I got a matte screenguard for 75Rs, incase any one is interested let me know
I am just trying to help the fellow moto g users by getting them at a cheap price

Just ordered yellow grip shell

XTAD0Uh.jpg

;)
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back