MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

^ You can use any stick.. I won't say UMG 1831 is the best, ppl buy it since it supports upto 21 MBps downlink speed (future proof ;) )..

If you are planning to use MTNL 3G, any dongle which supports upto 3.6 MBps speed will do..

sbhas2k said:
^ You can use any stick.. I won't say UMG 1831 is the best, ppl buy it since it supports upto 21 MBps downlink speed (future proof ;) )..

... does the Dongle last till we get upto 21 MBPs at least in all Indian Metros :)

Questions guys:

1. My friend living in Mumbai, he's gonna buy the 3G stick, and bring it to college. Now where our college is(Karnataka), we have BSNL 3G, good signals here. So the MTNL 3G stick would piggy back on BSNL's network and continue giving me 3G right?

2. The monthly limit is 200GB?

3. Should I buy the stock 3G stick or is there some specific modem with which this 3G sim would work the best?

4. Can we use this sim on our phones for 3G DATA ACCESS only?

Somebody! Answer

todays 3g on steroids :bleh:

376504e5946e11100c.png

1. My friend living in Mumbai, he's gonna buy the 3G stick, and bring it to college. Now where our college is(Karnataka), we have BSNL 3G, good signals here. So the MTNL 3G stick would piggy back on BSNL's network and continue giving me 3G right?

-- right

2. The monthly limit is 200GB?

-- No, unlimited

3. Should I buy the stock 3G stick or is there some specific modem with which this 3G sim would work the best?

-- Any 3g stick which supports upto 3.6Mbps downlink is fine.

4. Can we use this sim on our phones for 3G DATA ACCESS only?

-- Why not, You gonna use in a similar way in 3G stick right !!

-- Any 3g stick which supports upto 3.6Mbps downlink is fine.

So which modem do you guys suggest? And please mention the prices.

phoenix844884 said:
I use Huawei E122. Works like a charm. :)

Only gripe - MTNL Network. :(

Here hopefully BSNL's 3G signal strength is strong. Can anybody confirm existence of BSNL 3G in Karnataka, more specifically Manipal??

Also, whats the price of the modem? Buying it in 10 days time.

^ As said any modem will do for MTNL network.. I use Huawei UMG1831 which costs around 2.5k in the market.. Main reason to buy this - supports upto 21mbps downlink.. so furture proof ..

Why can't you go for the modem provided by mtnl itself ? i guess it costs around 1.8k

Hi All.

I have a query regarding this 3G. I need to have a stand by connection for me. wireless alone. So thinking of taking this.

I am from Karnataka. Will be using this in Mysore, KA and Trivandrum, Kerala.

Can i ask someone from mumbai or delhi to take a 3G sim for me and do the recharge for me?. can i use it anywhere? Saw the plan was unlimited roaming across india.

So the FUP is till 200GB r8?. And can anyone tell what are the speeds?

guys is this really true unlimited at 750 if yes I will throw away my tata photon today only.

what is speed I can expect

can any one from Delhi can ping 8.8.8.8 and tell how much ping did he got

also I travel lot does it offer free roaming

^^Are you sure? I am planning to go to Calcutta for a week. I can browse/download with paying without anything extra? Would it piggyback in the BSNL network?

ok i can't find this plan in delhi mtnl site is this offer valid only for mumbai ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ok even on mumbai site i can't see that plan :/

sbhas2k said:
^ As said any modem will do for MTNL network.. I use Huawei UMG1831 which costs around 2.5k in the market.. Main reason to buy this - supports upto 21mbps downlink.. so furture proof ..

Why can't you go for the modem provided by mtnl itself ? i guess it costs around 1.8k

if in Mumbai don't go with MTNL, my friends Dongle stop working in 15 days, MTNL ask him to submit it at BKC & wait for 15 days & than again visit BKC to collect USED/REPAIRED dongle :(

guys, i bought a new card with 3g activated. when i run the speedtest on my mobile it shows 2.15Mbps, but when ii run the same on pc, it shows 1Mbps.'
now kinda confused.. also speeds weren't that great. Using sgs2 as a modem. Any help on this one guys..?

What do you mean by speed not great? you shd get around 2 MBps with mtnl generally...

Also it varies from where you download, torrent with good seeds will give you > 2 MBps generally...

sbhas2k said:
What do you mean by speed not great? you shd get around 2 MBps with mtnl generally...

Also it varies from where you download, torrent with good seeds will give you > 2 MBps generally...

I download a torrent with no seeders get a speed of around 120Kbps from my triband 1MBPS line.

I download the same torrent with no seeders and get a speed of max 80Kbps from Mtnl 3g. I dont know what could be the issue cause 3g does seem to have very high ping rates.

Besides can anyone tell me where can i get the Huawei UMG 1831 card? Would like to purchase from a shop rather than online.

Back