MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

^^me thinks the problem is only limited to your tower in that area. move around the city to cross check. :S

i couldnt check it since it is with my dad who is using it in roaming .

I am planning to get this MTNL 3G Datacard to use as my main broadband connection on my desktop at home.......Is this good idea or not? .....I would liek to test this first by buying a mtnl sim and check if I am gettign 3g speedd inside my home and how good or bad is it?...What would be the best way to proceed in this case?...I don't want to spend too much while testing?...so mention some cheap data plan with 3g sim.............

I am based close to Andheri E, in Mumbai

21stCenturion said:
I am planning to get this MTNL 3G Datacard to use as my main broadband connection on my desktop at home.......Is this good idea or not? .....I would liek to test this first by buying a mtnl sim and check if I am gettign 3g speedd inside my home and how good or bad is it?...What would be the best way to proceed in this case?...I don't want to spend too much while testing?...so mention some cheap data plan with 3g sim.............

I am based close to Andheri E, in Mumbai

You can try the 22 Rs. e-recharge plan which gives you 250mb. so extend that upto 1 gb or whatever limit you like and test it. this should give yo a fair idea as to how mtnl works out in your area..

I have got an issue. I am using t-mobile webconnect manager to manage my connection for the sole purpose as it gives faster speeds(sounds insane but true..)than Mobile partner. But the unfortunate thing is, my webconnect gets disconnecting frequently. The Reconnect software works fine if i use a dial-up connection connection as people suggested in here but the speeds are so poor that my broadband is faster than so called 3g. Is there a way of using re-connection for webconnect as in for dial-up connection.

sbhas2k said:
use the option "Connect automatically" while setting up a connection in t-mobile webconnect... Now it will acts as "Reconnect" :)

I did that... but the unfortunate thing is even if it happens to connect(sometimes not always..), it goes from 3g to 2g the blue light goes green and i have to manually disconnect and reconnect to ensure that i am back on 3g.

I searched everywhere but didnt find a provision where i can keep my network on 3g/wcdma/hspda mode. Any clue on this..?

^no.. you can't select 3g only it in tmobile webconnect

The alternate solution is to use both mobile partner and reconnect software... Here are the steps, this would work perfectly and maybe it will do the trick

1) set 3g only in network preference in mobile partner... hope you know how to do this

2) Keep the mobile partner always open, but don't connect through it

3) Now use the "reconnect" to connect through the internet thru dialup.. Since the preference is set to 3g only in mobile partner, the dial up network will always be forced to connect to 3g network

If u r successful, then you can also try ur luck by using "mdma" and "reconnect" in a similar fashion

All the best

sbhas2k said:
^no.. you can't select 3g only it in tmobile webconnect

The alternate solution is to use both mobile partner and reconnect software... Here are the steps, this would work perfectly and maybe it will do the trick

1) set 3g only in network preference in mobile partner... hope you know how to do this

2) Keep the mobile partner always open, but don't connect through it

3) Now use the "reconnect" to connect through the internet thru dialup.. Since the preference is set to 3g only in mobile partner, the dial up network will always be forced to connect to 3g network

If u r successful, then you can also try ur luck by using "mdma" and "reconnect" in a similar fashion

All the best

I am currently using the latter part of your mentioned suggestion. Still dont know what speed to expect. Speeds would barely cross 200kbps.

Guys need a small help, is the MTNL 3g Unlimited plan of Rs.4500 still valid, I mean the MTNL Mumbai site says its still available can anyone plz confirm this?
Also from where can i recharge this pack of Rs.4500? MTNL site or CSC?

Back