MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

^^@above

u guys using MTNL 3G 4500? pls care to share experience with speeds, especially while torrent downloads & Uptime/downtime ratio

Using MTNL 3G 6 months Unlimited @ 4500/- with Huawei E173. Max Speed Achieved 5.04 mbps (Download speed 614 KBps) for some hours some weeks ago. Average Speed 350 KBps on premium direct download:eek:hyeah:
Only issue faced is, frequent disconnection, eliminated it with a 3G router ASUS WL330N3G. again:eek:hyeah:

I bought the card.Now which 3g modem should i get?I want to check with normal limited plan first how is the speed. and will later change my ladline plan if i really like it.

Suggest modem such that if i dont like it i can easily sell it or use in future again with some other card?

guys just bought mtnl 3g sim card and using it with my LG optimus one with wifi hotspot i aint getting 3g speed....seems like gprs speed nt even edge :mad:

i am from goregaon west region.

created APN with :

Name : MTNL 3G

APN : gprsppsmum

username : mtnl

password : mtnl123

thats what was written on single page pamphlet i got...am i doing something wrong...help me out guys !! :(

From the APN it seems you are using Prepaid connection, I think you need to keep the username and password field blank, also force your LG into by manually setting it to UTMS and then try to check if you are able to get 3G speeds, hope it helps

swapyworld said:
guys just bought mtnl 3g sim card and using it with my LG optimus one with wifi hotspot i aint getting 3g speed....seems like gprs speed nt even edge :mad:
i am from goregaon west region.
created APN with :
Name : MTNL 3G
APN : gprsppsmum
username : mtnl
password : mtnl123

thats what was written on single page pamphlet i got...am i doing something wrong...help me out guys !! :(

Dont use username password, keep it blank. also check with Speed Test App the speed that your cell area actually has. I use MTNL 3g in BSNL roaming n/w on LG O1 Wifi Hotspot get speeds 1.5 - 2 Mbps.

tommy_vercetti said:
From the APN it seems you are using Prepaid connection, I think you need to keep the username and password field blank, also force your LG into by manually setting it to UTMS and then try to check if you are able to get 3G speeds, hope it helps

its a prepaid connection and how to set manually LG to UMTS?

Sorry using a Motorola Atrix, earlier on my Samsung Wave you could go to Network and there manually specify UMTS and set it to 3G, maybe somebody using LG can help

got it working dude....have to set it to WCDMA only rather than in auto :)
speeds around 1.5mbps...checked with speed net app... not bad it seems... :eek:hyeah:

hey guys...anyone knows about the validity of 22rs plan?

recharged it in afternoon....may be around 3pm...so the validity would be till today midnight or for next 24 hrs ending tomorrow afternoon?

CC woman told me....its for 24 hrs and nt till midnight...can anyone confirm the same?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tommy_vercetti said:
Glad you got it working!

thanks for the help dude.... :)
siril_k said:
Dont use username password, keep it blank. also check with Speed Test App the speed that your cell area actually has. I use MTNL 3g in BSNL roaming n/w on LG O1 Wifi Hotspot get speeds 1.5 - 2 Mbps.

yup got it working....its actually keeping WCDMA mode only...that worked for me... :D thanks !!! checked d speed with speednet...around 1.44 mbps...not bad i suspect !!

Back