MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

^ All wireless connection, if not some will have high ping rates buddy... The ping time even varies from time to time.. Due to this don't expect live streaming to be as good as your wired connection... I have faced problem with F1 streaming n all even overall MTNL 3G gives good speed...

Ya, i guess the problem with you is high ping times.. Direct download (with download manager) gives speed > 2Mbps as advertised and torrent with good seeders will fetch u the same (i sometime get 275 consistently with torrents ;) )

Try lamington road for UMG1831 if you are from Mumbai.. Buying it online would also be safe.. I bought online and i am happy with it as of now :)

All the best buddy..

Does anyone has the idea of what is the code for cheking how much data has been consumed. Since there is a cap of 200GB p.m. so need code for the same. tried various combinations of *444# (e.g. *444*1# and so on) but no luck.

AFAIK, there is 200GB cap but once you consumed it, u will still able to get free usage without any additional charges (within the validity period).. So don't worry and enjoy

To check data usage, send ENQFREE to 444 and you should get response within 30 min (though sometimes you won't get any response at all, so just keep trying... MTNL bro ;) )

Anyone having connection issues? My 1831 keeps disconnecting every 10 seconds. Was working fine up until yesterday afternoon - with the rains I figured it might be a network issues, but now I'm getting worried.

Any ideas? Not sure if it's the data card issue or the 3G SIM issue.

Frequent disconnection is usual with MTNL network.. Use "Reconnect" software to solve this problem

Also, when the datacard overheats, disconnection happens as well ;)

Unrealistic said:
Anyone having connection issues? My 1831 keeps disconnecting every 10 seconds. Was working fine up until yesterday afternoon - with the rains I figured it might be a network issues, but now I'm getting worried.

Any ideas? Not sure if it's the data card issue or the 3G SIM issue.

Which area?

Same issue with my connection since yesterday. Disconnects every 10 seconds. Andheri E.

Is this an internet connection from USB stick/ DSL modem or broadband connection. If this is a deal for USB stick how much is the cost of usb stick?

Back