MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

Get this recharge done at your nearest Sanchaar Haat. Local recharge-wala don't know jack about this scheme. All they will do is give you blank looks.

Sigh. There's absolutely no way I can get it done online. paytm.com gave a 'payment of 4500 rejected by your bank' error, for both credit card and netbanking methods. On the other hand, I could easily recharge with the 22 wala pack through paytm.

AsidXxx said:
Sigh. There's absolutely no way I can get it done online. paytm.com gave a 'payment of 4500 rejected by your bank' error, for both credit card and netbanking methods. On the other hand, I could easily recharge with the 22 wala pack through paytm.

Check with your Bank as it might be rejecting the high amount transaction.

ggt said:
Its 4.5k for 6 months. Not 750 per month.

Else the scheme is mentioned in their 3G Section.

ohhh.. I miss it.. any url for 4.5k for 6 month plan?

Is this plan avaiable with First ReCharge only or on 2nd Recharge too !

How do you guys tackle the frequent disconnections? This question is aimed at peeps using the Hauwei UMG 1831 or similar data cards.

I've tried using both Mobile Partner and setting up a 3G Modem through Network Connections (Mac OS X L) and connecting through that - it disconnects randomly in both situations.

Keeping downloads on all night are out of the question. Any suggestions?

Unrealistic said:
How do you guys tackle the frequent disconnections? This question is aimed at peeps using the Hauwei UMG 1831 or similar data cards.

I've tried using both Mobile Partner and setting up a 3G Modem through Network Connections (Mac OS X L) and connecting through that - it disconnects randomly in both situations.

Use "Reconnect" software.. Just google it and you'll find it.. I using it since days one with my UMG1831 datacard

Emperor said:
It was Promotional offer for 90 days w.e.f. 16/05/2011. Which as per MTNL page ends on 14/08/2011 :(

Buddy, it's not ended and now the plan is regularised.. Just check the link below... Just goahead and recharge with 4.5k :)

http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/mobile/3g-services/3g-prepaid

^ what speeds Do you get now?
I have stopped using it so not aware as of now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Unrealistic said:

there is a neat little tutorial given no mtnl home page so that one can make a windows dialer connection for the 3g.
Once that is made auto reconnect on windows dialer is pretty easy to set up.

sbhas2k said:
Buddy, it's not ended and now the plan is regularised.. Just check the link below... Just goahead and recharge with 4.5k :)

3G Prepaid

Whats the actual speed you are getting? Service disconnection rate if any?

Can we have Un-Locked 3G USB stick so can use with ANY service providers? if yes any url please.

Thanks for MTNL update.

ggt said:
^ what speeds Do you get now?

I have stopped using it so not aware as of now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

there is a neat little tutorial given no mtnl home page so that one can make a windows dialer connection for the 3g.

Once that is made auto reconnect on windows dialer is pretty easy to set up.

I'm on OSX

Back