MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

sbhas2k said:
^ WCDMA is 3G and HSDPA is an extenstion of 3G (called 3.5 G)

similarly Edge (2.5G) is an extension of GPRS (2G)

Also often speedtest.net won't give the true picture, as sometime it says 0.5MBps speed, but i used to get > 200KBps download in torrents (arnd 2MBps speed)

Hey bud, any specific website or brand you'd suggest for the extension cable? The 5M unbranded ones are for 400 on ebay. Or should I go for the Belkin one's?

Update: Using a shady USB extension cable, getting 150kb/s average download speed near my window, with the 3G Data Card facing upwards. Funny how the direction itself makes so much of a difference in the network.

Connection is 4 spoke, seems consistent.

Not sure if I oughta upgrade to the 6 month pack or try out the monthly pack. /ponder

Whats the best iPhone friendly Data Plan for Vodafone (my primary/current ISP) or any other Competitor ISP in India.. specifically Bombay.. ? I wouldnt mind getting a 2nd pre or post paid SIM just for Data..

I am getting 100 kbps for past few days i used to get 300 kbps any one in delhi getting low download speed i am using bettle 3g usb modem

^Which plan r u talking about buddy ? 750 rs plan ? if yes, it's a six month plan costing 4.5k and current available... Best bet is prepaid as postpaid will have tax and other stuff which increses the cost to 5k or so..

AsidXxx said:
Can someone gimme the "dummies guide to availing of the MTNL 750 off plan" guide?

Goto MTNL Exchange -> buy a sim and recharge with any FRC -> check the speed you getting using datacard or phone -> if satisfied with speed then recharge 4.5k online or through a dealer and enjoy unlimited download/usage for 6 months ;)

For 3G setting --> 3G Settings

[attachment=9016:15616.attach]

This is correct rite or a typo ??

Attachments

• mtnlstuff.jpg
    mtnlstuff.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 179
^^ ppl faced problem with online recharge, though i succeeded first time. why can't you do a top-up for 4.5k from a local shop if possible ?

I would prefer paying through a credit card, hence online options. Tried through paytm.com, the 22 recharge works fine, but facing a LOT of issues with the 4.5 recharge.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^What do I tell the shopkeeper?

Back