MTNL Unlimited 3G Data Plan Now At Just Rs. 750

comp@ddict said:
Is there another option for 1 year plan which takes the per month cost even lower?

2nd, is there national roaming?

3rd, whats users in delhi getting(average speed)??
any answers for this?

I'm in delhi

4th question - is it sim based modem, such that i can take out the sim and use data on my phone?

comp@ddict said:
any answers for this?

I'm in delhi

4th question - is it sim based modem, such that i can take out the sim and use data on my phone?

yes, you can take the sim out, infact you can call from your PC too. national roaming is there, but whenever i have tried,

i have managed to connect to BSNL's edge connection while roaming. average speed for me hovers around 1Mbps.

Guys I am getting 2mbps constant speeds on MTNL 3G, but on my iPhone. I really want to get this deal on my spare MTNL connection. Where do I get this stupid etopup? The local recharge-wala doesn't know anything about this deal and won't risk doing a Rs. 4500/- transaction.

phoenix844884 said:
Guys I am getting 2mbps constant speeds on MTNL 3G, but on my iPhone. I really want to get this deal on my spare MTNL connection. Where do I get this stupid etopup? The local recharge-wala doesn't know anything about this deal and won't risk doing a Rs. 4500/- transaction.

you need to get a data recharge coupon from MTNL's sanchaar haat, there's no etopup option available yet.

^^would advice to buy an MTNL sim(cost rs 10) first and try it on a 3G mobile and use a generic 3G modem later, as MTNL's modem

costs 1800 bucks and is not that great. i was getting higher speed when i was using my MTNL sim with nokia 5800 as modem,

then i am getting on MTNL's data card.

i have Rs 4500 6 months plan.....the download limit is 200gb per month or 6 months ??

does that mean you have to recharge again to download more ??

@^^ It is 200GB per month. And you do not need to recharge any more after that one time payment. What speeds are you getting? Can you kindly post a speedtest screenshot? I get around 2.2 Mbps usually, but it varies a lot.

I talked to the MTNL CC at my local telephone exchange regarding this plan. He was clear about the recharge procedures and told me that it is a one time payment that I need to make.
He also offered me the Teracom modem for 1699/- but then told em that it is not good at all and that I should buy my own modem, or use the SIM in a phone with tethering.
Next up, I looked up the various Huawei modems on sale in India, and the E122 stands out to be the clear winner.
I am going to order the modem this week and get my spare MTNL SIM recharged with Rs. 4500/-.

^^Thanx, now i can download without worrying.

1226330876.png

I already got the modem from M.T.N.L. , please tell me if the modem makes a huge difference.

Somehow mtnl and 3g speedtest did not work for me for some strange reason.
I get speedtest as 1mbps to as low as .2mbps but on Idm get speeds in consistent range from yesterday upto 310KB/sec.
P S. This is for mumbai.

@ggt - Good point.

@raxy - If its not too much of a bother, could you kindly post an IDM/uTorrent screenshot while downloading something? That would be an appropriate indicator. As for the modem, the MTNL CC rep was vehemently telling me to buy my own modem as the Teracom ones they provide are supposedly not good.

Back