Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

gforce said:
Buy this 8GB Class6 card for about 870 bucks. Probably the fastest and cheapest card you'll find.

Seems dubious. Today morning I mailed him asking about blister packed or not, brand, actual speed class etc. Got reply that the item is oem/loose and brand is LG and that all other details are in the sale page!:mad:

gforce said:
Buy this 8GB Class6 card for about 870 bucks. Probably the fastest and cheapest card you'll find.

AFAIK 5230 does not support class 6
Moreover we dont need a class 6 until unless we transfer huge amounts of data
and yeah there may be some difference in data read/access rate though

v.Na5h said:
AFAIK 5230 does not support class 6
Moreover we dont need a class 6 until unless we transfer huge amounts of data
and yeah there may be some difference in data read/access rate though

Nokia 5800 comes with 8GB Class6 card so i dont think there will be any issue with 5230 to run same.

guys 1 issue here, i am not able to put anything directly in memory card, it says "read only" , any idea how to change the permission , i tried opening through windows and change it but it didnt work

abbY said:
From where do I get the discount coupon ?
You do have an account on Ebay dont you? They send you discount coupons on your registered Email address. If you dont have an account then make one,you get a 5% off or something similar right after you complete registration.
In the past their coupons used to be universal so anyone could use it. Now though it seems,only the coupons that have been sent to your Email address would work with your purchases.

Nokia 5233 does not have GPS chip on board, nor Stereo Speakers. In its UG GPS is mentioned nowhere. I am attaching 5233 UG with this post if anyone wants to read it.

Attachments

• Nokia_5233_APAC_UG_in_en.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 214
nightwing892001 said:
In terms of transfer speeds:Class 6>Class 4>Class 2.
Higher the class,faster the card should be.
SD Speed Class - SD Card Association

EDIT: I bought this,by the way.Mostly because it had 5 years warranty. Used a 200/- off coupon. It's a Class 4.
eBay India: KINGSTON Sealed 4Gb Micro SD card +Adapter+5yr WARRANTY (item 250569547439 end time 30-Jan-2010 20:46:49 IST)
The oaf shipped me a Class 2 Sandisk instead of a Class 4 Kingston.:mad:
Had a nice lil chat and he agreed to ship a Class 4 Kingston asap even though he tried to convince me to keep the Sandisk instead. Do make sure before buying from him,that he has Class 4 nailed to his head.

guys i just used the 5233 ,here goes
this phone has only bluetooth activated gps,plz head over to nokia 5233 spec sheet where it is clearly mentioned
Nokia India - Nokia 5233 - Specifications
so it has ovi maps ,it cannot get position lock like my 5230
nextly it does not have FLASHLITE 3.0 FROM ADOBE,so u cannot watch youtube vids directly without conversion.
so i am thinking it has some lower spec arm 11 processor,
the 5230 was already very low priced comparing to the crappy samsung star which is also at the same with half the features of 5230.
so some hardware sacrifice is also made

ok guys another shocker the 5233 cant play java games,i tried to install the 9mb game file ,but it could not play the game because it doesnt have Java MIDP 2.0 & Flash Lite 3.0 ,no real player,so now it has the same features as the crappy corby
it looks like its using the 332 mhz proccy of n95.
so no playing games or movies ,(lol)
now i am seeing how nokia got this massive price cut,
thank god ,iam gald i got this nokia 5230
i was almost shocked when i saw this price of 5233 .

data cable should cost between 120 and 150.

For a cheap solution go for HCL IEM's at rs 175(decent perfomance considering price).

Your other options are

creative ep-630(true bass)

soundmagic PL-11

Re: headset and data cable

bitspilani said:
Hey
i broke my headset wire of my nokia 5230:mad:..

which headset /earphone can i go for and what is the cost of data cable ?

Use any standard 3.5mm earphone/headphone.
Nokia data cable cost me ~Rs.900/-. Aftermarket ones may cost Rs.200/- or even much less.

fz16 said:
guys i just used the 5233 ,here goes

this phone has only bluetooth activated gps,plz head over to nokia 5233 spec sheet where it is clearly mentioned

Nokia India - Nokia 5233 - Specifications

so it has ovi maps ,it cannot get position lock like my 5230

nextly it does not have FLASHLITE 3.0 FROM ADOBE,so u cannot watch youtube vids directly without conversion.

so i am thinking it has some lower spec arm 11 processor,

the 5230 was already very low priced comparing to the crappy samsung star which is also at the same with half the features of 5230.

so some hardware sacrifice is also made

ok guys another shocker the 5233 cant play java games,i tried to install the 9mb game file ,but it could not play the game because it doesnt have Java MIDP 2.0 & Flash Lite 3.0 ,no real player,so now it has the same features as the crappy corby

it looks like its using the 332 mhz proccy of n95.

so no playing games or movies ,(lol)

now i am seeing how nokia got this massive price cut,

thank god ,iam gald i got this nokia 5230

i was almost shocked when i saw this price of 5233 .

I own a 5233 and I claim that none of that is true.

1. The phone has real player, JAVA MIDP 2.0 & Flash lite 3.0 are firmware dependant so that means the 5233 u are using is prolly on some older firmware, upgrade to the newer 12.x

2.What makes u think that the phone has the 322mhz procc like the N95 ?

3. My Nokia 5233 shows the options for bluetooth GPS as well as Network GPS, Ovi Maps gives me the option to use GPS as an option.

4. The manufacturing cost of these phones run in a couple of 1000's, and when they sell huge numbers they make up. That means that you are paying an additional Rs1000 for the 5230 with 3G (the cost of that chip is no even Rs100 to Nokia), 3G isn't properly available in India so makes no point and Vodafone's EDGE is good enough to keep u online now.

5. The way Nokia manages to keep the cost down is have the same internals between 4 phones (5800,5530,5230 and 5233) albeit some negligible difference,this helps massively cause you your inventories are running more efficiently and the software doesn't have to be tweaked or customized. A bit like what Maruti does between SX4,Swift,Ritz etc..

6.Please be careful before coming up with audacious claims, apart from some technies there are some first timers and noobs who might be distracted by your posts. The www is full of reviews and posts claiming similarity between the 5800,5530,5230 and 5233 (so does the dealer at the Nokia priority store).

janitha said:
Use any standard 3.5mm earphone/headphone.

Nokia data cable cost me ~Rs.900/-. Aftermarket ones may cost Rs.200/- or even much less.

I have been quoted Rs 100 for the data cable, maybe a group could get it to Rs100 shipped or so, anybody interested.

Coming up.....phone review :)

Srirama said:
thank god i bought the nokia 5230 rather than the 5233
same here :clap:. I was about to buy 5233, but then i thought 3G might get available later on, so bought 5230. Fhew!! saved.
Updated the firmware to latest version 12.xxx, Hacked the Phone to install themes ,symbian softs,,games n a little modding. :tongue:
n ya ,now i can also mark multiple files/messages in a flick, no need to go to annoying mark each time option .:p (a real pain).

Here in Kerala, 3G was started by BSNL yesterday in most of the towns and it is said the whole state will be covered in 2-3 months. The newspaper photos show one minister inaugurating it in our small town by calling the Mayor and shocked to see him in the phone!;)

Back