Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

bitspilani said:
i have started the 120 mb upgrade. i hope it goes well :ashamed:

Which update you guys talkin bout (for 5230) right ? i checked sw update , there were just 4 small applications there , no firmware update
:S

hiviky2212 said:
Which update you guys talkin bout (for 5230) right ? i checked sw update , there were just 4 small applications there , no firmware update
:S

What you saw are the software updates. For firmware updates, go to Settings -> Phone -> Phone Mgmt. ->Device Updates , click options and check for updates.

Karthi007 said:
eBay India: NOKIA 5230,BILL & 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY (item 300381816632 end time 06-Jan-2010 09:30:00 IST)
Nokia 5230 has one listing in ebay for Rs.8490, free shipping, bill and one year manufacturer warranty.
So with a 15% discount coupon it costs just 7.5k which is a steal :eek:hyeah:
Guess some real competition for Samsung Corby and Star considering this a 3G and has kinetic scrolling :D
good one buddyy even i purchase 5233 for rs 6291:hap2:with dis of 10%

Does GPS signal get affected by clouds...

One fine day with clear clouds i had uninterrupted signal for atleast 20 min until i reached home

wheares next day i could not even get a GPS lock eventhough i travelled through the same route same time due to....err i think cloudy skies

Ofcourse , anything which acts as an obstacle between you and the satellite can affect the GPS signal , although only with clouds , it shouldnt have been a problem, did you tinker with any settings ? You can always use A-GPS (network support) to find satellites faster in case you are unable to get a lock.

5230 was soon discontinued after launch of 5233, because of some issues.

Different from 5800, HOW ?
no led flash, 2MP camera, No wifi, No micro sd card included, No extra accessories in box, no special music express handsfree etc.

vibhorwadhawan said:

no led flash, 2MP camera, No wifi, No micro sd card included, No extra accessories in box, no special music express handsfree etc.

discontinued ? THey just pulled it back coz it was eating 5800 market.

5230 is an awesome phone & better then 5233 sir.

Where all are these guys crashlanding on TE from ! All thats matters is whats inside the box and looks :rofl:

Guys,

I have a small tip for you all, disable the haptic feedback (the vibrations that occour when you touch the screen to perform any function), it has had a positive influence on my battery life. I would say my battery life has improved by 30 -50 %

abbY said:
Guys,
I have a small tip for you all, disable the haptic feedback (the vibrations that occour when you touch the screen to perform any function), it has had a positive influence on my battery life. I would say my battery life has improved by 30 -50 %

Please tell how to. Had tried but could not figure out!

v.Na5h said:
Does GPS signal get affected by clouds...
One fine day with clear clouds i had uninterrupted signal for atleast 20 min until i reached home
wheares next day i could not even get a GPS lock eventhough i travelled through the same route same time due to....err i think cloudy skies

I have figured out how to workaround the GPS issue - atleast it works everytime for me
The Ovi Maps software is the one which is a little buggy - sometimes it just doesnt catch the signal.
Solution - quit Ovi Maps and open Google Maps. Gmaps unfailingly catches the signal - and once it does, quit Gmaps and reopen Ovi Maps. Catches GPS signals instantaneously

Back