Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

Soyab0007 said:
first i am thinking about nokia 5800.. but after viewing this thread i will go with this phone bcoz the only diff is 3.2 megapixel and wi fi nokia 5800 have

believe me , i was also thinking the same but i used 1 for 2days here in office , its just awesome ,gps locks fast and i love using fring on this :eek:hyeah: , now all my internation calls are free using skype on the phone :bleh:, i guess u should go for it , if you are looking for a touch phone then this is a nice buy :clap:

@viky- How quickly can you get a GPS lock? Also, are you using EDGE/GPRS for your GPS connection? It's taking ages to get a GPS lock on my mobile and till now I have not been able to get a successful one. Also, which carrier are you into?

phreak0ut said:
@viky- How quickly can you get a GPS lock? Also, are you using EDGE/GPRS for your GPS connection? It's taking ages to get a GPS lock on my mobile and till now I have not been able to get a successful one. Also, which carrier are you into?

GPRS/EDGE is not required for GPS...you need to be in open place to get a quick GPS fix...

Karthi007 said:
^Yup :D Guess Nokia doesnt bundle a micro SD with this but we can get a 4GB or 8GB micro SD for rs.450/Rs.850 and its all done :D
Its a 5800 +kinetic scrolling - wifi and a low MP cam for nearly 4k less. Its the best touch screen VFM IMO (as it also have 3G especially considering 3G can materialize in 6 months)

It has Wifi ! ru sure of this? cant find anywhere in specifications.

tosh79 said:
It has Wifi ! ru sure of this? cant find anywhere in specifications.

i said 5800+ kinectic - wifi -> 5230. which means only wifi that is present in the 5800 is not present in the 5230 and has kinetic scroll extra :bleh:

are any 3G plans available on vodafone guys.

This phone is a monster.

GPS works great,it downloaded nearly1.5mb of data b4 giving me a GPS fix

There's a drop in the price of the cell already. It's 7981/- on univercell now. A friend of mine bought one locally (Lucknow) for 8k after bargaining. With bill. Sweet price for the amount of features it has to offer.

nightwing892001 said:
There's a drop in the price of the cell already. It's 7981/- on univercell now. A friend of mine bought one locally (Lucknow) for 8k after bargaining. With bill. Sweet price for the amount of features it has to offer.

hoping for further drops in a few weeks.:D

Back