PlayStation 4 - News, Rumors & Speculations

I'm pretty sure there would be offline settings, but who knows 2-3 yrs down the line they may implement it. With DRM I believe the biggest complain was in game performance issues.

Not sure if there's a hack for the latest ps3 F/W? They are finding ways to block them and it getting stricter by the release.
I think this is going to bleed into Used games now.

In India we don't get many apps or services to go hand in hand with PS3, Xbox but in other countries they do have streaming services which require an Internet connection.

I think it's quite possible because selling games makes Microsoft and Sony money.

PS4 could come bundled with a “Dual Camera” PlayStation Eye – rumor

PS4 could be bundled with new PlayStation Eye, which VGLeaks notes is called a “Dual Camera”.

According to information dug up by the site, it’s an “evolutionized” HD version of the EyeToy, which uses a pair of wide-angle cameras with 720p resolution. The updated camera will also sport a “4 microphone array working at 48 khz,” which will come in handy with video chat and is able to recognize the user when logging into the PS4 system.

It is also capable of tracking head and hand movements as well as game inputs. It’s unknown whether it can detect body movements, a la Kinect.

Source: PS4 could come bundled with a ?Dual Camera? PlayStation Eye ? rumor | VG247

I read this a few minutes back:

PS4 controller: new details emerge pre-reveal

A VG247 source has seemingly confirmed that the PS4 controller will include a front touch-pad, speaking a week before the console’s expected reveal in New York.

A VG247 source said today that PS4′s rumoured controller touch-pad is real. The input is on the front of the handset. The Start and Select buttons have been moved as a result.

The controller is “more or less” the same shape as the current DualShock. We’ve been told today that the L2 and R2 buttons have been remodelled for the better.

The existence of the touch-pad has been previously reported by Edge, but claims a “Share” button exists on the controller from the same report were debunked by our source today. Apparently it isn’t there.

Rumours regarding the machine are now coming thick and fast. It was reported that it will come bundled with a camera last week, and Gaikai tech and a $400 price-point have recently been suggested by Nikkei in Japan.

Source: PS4 controller: new details emerge pre-reveal | VG247

^^ Slightly bigger pic in the url

The charging port has been shifted underneath ?
Makes it look like a mock up. But the sticks can do with that design. That is long overdue.

Same design with extra bulk... Touch screen is too small to do anything.. they could have done something about the trigger buttons which is the crappiest in PS3..

Expecting following game announcments for PS4

1. Killzone 4
2. Agent
3. New Game from Sucker Punch
4. The Last Guardian
5. UC 4

is it only me who is really liking the feel of that controller?of course,some are thinking that something is off about it,but i think that controller,although it may only be a prototype,is kinda like a 'complete' controller.not many will be pleased by it's design,though i really like it.the thing that most catches my fancy is the strip of light on it,which suggests that this controller has probably been fused with the move controller.if so,then this is the controller of my dreams.why?because it then does literally everything a controller should do.i think,that if this controller can really function like a move controller,then this is a very smart move by sony since this means that sony realized that it really didn't have to make an all-new move controller.it could have just fused the same functionality in a traditional controller,and it would have worked because a traditional controller is pretty lightweight and thus no modifications are needed(unlike the gamepad,where you would still need the wii controller for many games).the touchpad will help in the navigation of the GUI.i love how it looks all complex-y.like i said,the look will not work for everyone(and this is probably not the final version of it).

Same design with extra bulk... Touch screen is too small to do anything.. they could have done something about the trigger buttons which is the crappiest in PS3..

Woah! Touchscreen? I thought it was a pad? Controller is going to become costlier they better provide a year's warranty.

Another Shot
9pFkWQR.jpg

That controller design sucks, at least to me. This looks like a bloated version of the DS3 slightly stretched to accommodate the touchpad. The ergonomics of the DS3 was worse compared to the X360 controller which was a pleasure to hold and operate for prolonged hours.

Oh and I hope that rubber grip on the analog sticks do not begin to produce that gluey substance if the controller isn't used for a long time. :|

WOW! That's a hideously designed controller. Why not just retain the original design? With better triggers of course.

that underneath port is not a charging port,but instead it's a 3.5mm jack for headphones.nifty,huh?and now i am more than certain that sony will be announcing the ps4 on 20th feb,these 'leaks' could not have come at a more strategic time.

[h=1]PS4 to cost £300, according to leaked documents – report[/h] Sony is expected to reveal PS4 at its ‘PlayStation Meeting’ event on Wednesday. Leaked documents and sources have claimed that the console will cost £300 at launch.
According to The Times, “leaked internal documents” confirm the price-tag which – if true – mark a significant reduction from the PS3′s original price-tag of £425.

Source: PS4 to cost £300, according to leaked documents ? report | VG247

The big day is today! :p

We should have the announcement by evening. Curious about the launch titles and the re-playability of discs on another console!

Back