OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

@bottle - can you elaborate more on this.

" If u set it by a64 tweaker to 14 then memory overclocks as good as in 200 divider."

@Stalkersoftware - thanks buddy for the memory bw info.
are the micron modules available here

Last edited by a moderator:
Quad Master said:
@bottle - can you elaborate more on this.

" If u set it by a64 tweaker to 14 then memory overclocks as good as in 200 divider."
theres a windows based utility called a64tweaker that you can use to adjust your memory timings. the article suggested using that to set the TRFC timing to 14 for better overclocks

Hey bottle thats a gr8 peice of software.

Have you tried your hands with this software.

Currently i dont have a A64 System to test anything.

Do let me know your experiences with this software if u have tried it.

Stalkersoftware said:
using Micron OEM modules rated for 400mhz.
gives me around 5.6 - 5.7Gb at 480.

I think its a li'l on the lower end - what do you have 3000+ or 3200+ ? Anyways, if you're using the A64Tweaker and if your mobo bios doesn't have that option, you could set the Max Async Latency to >= 8 ns for stability, especially if you're using 2 x 512 MB.

nah i posted a link for stalker earlier msi k8n neo2 tips and tricks thread, it was a quote from there.

Managed this with a single stick of Crucial Micron 1GB that came with an HCL machine. Still not reached the limit yet. Probably will do more if I give it more voltage. My crappy board is limited to 2.8V :(. Whoever says 1GB DIMMS don't overclock must be get his eyes checked :p

Attachments

• ramtimings.jpg
    ramtimings.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 240
  • spd.jpg
    spd.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 217
Max I could manage in superpi is 38s @ 250x10. If I push the HTT any higher, I have to drop my multi to 9.5 or else cpu is not stable :(. Crappy nuke!

Rockyme2002 said:
Didnt Darky do 280 or so.....
Also wudnt 2 512 b better for performance???
His timings were 3-6-6 which aren't very exciting. My board is single channel so two dimms won't help. Maybe it might for u.

@Chaos
Oops :ashamed: ......sorry i meant for dual channel :D
Also ...wht is better ....sme increased Mhz at 2.5 or highly increased Mhz at 3??
Will be really helpfull.... :hap2:

Hey guys,
Check this out,

Well i did this on following setup -

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe [Bios Rev. 1007.002]
256 x 2 Hynix D43 based Generic Chips.
80GB Hitachi PATA
XFX Geforce 6600 256MB
450Watt Powersafe PSU.

What say? Good enough ? ;)