PS3 fans quit jobs and postpone engagement to wait in line

I don't get it why some of you have to get so worked up about such an issue ? KK and Params are both sensible posters but right now i hate to interfere here when i can't even spell properly.

1 Week in my opinion is really too much for a console but we have some hardcore fans that may not think so or we may have some punks who just pulled out that stunt to get famous on Internet or something. Camping for something you are a fan off has been seen for many such product launches. But you have a few exceptions always, sometimes these are people in who's lives the PlayStation or any other product played an important role in someway ( You can assume anything here, but try to be somewhat positive ) These are the people who decide to camp outside maybe because they have nothing better to do or maybe they have got sucked so much into the hype that getting a PS3 on Day-One is the only day to get the console...

KingKrool i know many people like you too who have something against Sony because of their ( Sony ) faults you may have suffered some problems or seen someone face problems and so you don't have a liking for Sony and it's completely understandable. Your anger/frustration towards Sony made you also reply to all the posts that bear no significance to your real life or cannot effect it whatsoever either but hell you still posted because you just wanted to have some fun and that is cool......

Some of us are gamers here, call "us" Fanboys, call us Losers, call us people who need to be striked by meteorites, call us anything but somewhere in our lives at a young age we played a Video Game that made us feel good that we did something. Like Params, he is in my honest opinion a "True" gamer who keeps track of everything related to gaming and for which i respect him. These little things that happened to us in our Child Hood stay with us for sometime and things like getting something on Day One does matter for some of us......

It is difficult for many to understand but you can't blame them cause everyone has theIr honest opinion and we have absolutely no right to make the other person agree to us. KK just consider the fact that only three people were seen for the first time 1 week before and it got hyped like crazy and a few more popped up here and there ( Maybe i might be wrong and maybe you might even go to the length of giving me links to where it says thousands in line 1 week before Launch ) but its just a few exceptions who just take it to the limit for which you and me cant do jack about....

Simply put all my Bullshit in perspective, few exceptions can always take place and we really need not hype it up to a unnecessary level. I hope KK's anger towards Sony and Params love towards gaming can stop showing it signs in this topic now because posts like these sometimes show too much information about the poster than the subject he is referring too.....

Flame me if you like and quote me with my contraDICKtions but meh if two people are looking in completely different directions cannot follow the same path or whateve_r. Now time to play Double Agent.....

akS !

This thread has reached new heights in silliness and it's a shame I couldn't play a large part in it. I've come to the conclusion that KK has every right to wish fiery death for those waiting a week in line for a console even if it seems like a pretty trifle and pointless issue to go after.

BTW, I loved video games when I was a kid. I don't have time for them anymore.

My problem with Sony has nothing to do with the PS3 (you note that I said I hope it succeeds for its own sake, and I hope it fails so that SONY gets screwed).

And I think 1 week is too damned much.

I have said time and again there is nothing wrong with getting excited, or standing in line. But camping for a week is loco, and I think these guys are the wackos of the gaming world (hence my demand that they be wiped out by divine intervention).

But this is even better - they were wiped out by retailer intervention.

Thats the point. :p It is a pointless issue, and KK is just having fun. Unfortunately, others who consider the PS3 their holy grail have taken things too seriously. :no: Or maybe its not unfortunate after all; we are having so much fun :D

Param, I believe its your turn now. :hap2:

I think Params was just mistaken. He thought KK had it in for the PS3 and not consoles in general. You know how that boy is with Sony.

I still maintain what I said earlier. I would probably be in one of those lines given the chance and most importantly money.

Though I am interfering, but what the heck...:D
This is a highly debatable issue, just like

Q:What came first... The chicken or the egg??
A: I don't care, as long as i get eggs for breakfast and chicken for dinner:p

But seriously, I strongly feel that Param and KK are right in their own place.

Whereas KK is right in saying that it's totally irresponsible and illogical of a guy to call off his engagement for a PS3 and wait in line for a week... Come on, you can't call that sane behaviour!! But to shower them with meteriotes is a little extreme, don't ya think? Maybe, you could replace the meteriotes with the heavy ps3(s). That'd send them home happy and would put an end to this discussion too :eek:hyeah:

But what Param wants to get across is that some people are dedicated gamers and they have the right to camp for a week if they want to. Which should not bother anyone else, right?
I for one, would love to join them too but not getting engaged anytime soon...Sorry :bleh: :bleh:

This debate will not end here for sure, but will be even repeated after 10 years... Not that I'm complaining. Damn fun!!:hap2: :hap2:

And how is that?

Don't give up do you Params? OK.

Not unless I've been proved wrong, no.

At a certain level (I call it waiting in line for a week) "dedication" is fanboisim.

The level can be as high as it can be, fanboy still wouldn't classify them.

Nope. Actually, this guy once did this with the Apple Shuffle. He does this for fun. And is very popular apparently. Never justified his actions much either - I just find them amusing.

Hmm, so should I be expecting him to be doing the same thing with the Wii?

OK, you give me the definition of a Sony PS3 fanboi?

A person who is extremely devoted to the point of obsession, where is refuses to recognise other systems and bashes them without any base, or point.

People waiting for week is nothing, they do this with every system launch. Its a week now because of greater hype and short supply.

And great news, looks like people have already started camping for the Nintendo Wii. Now Wii isn't even short-numbered!

Oh, never heard of the Sony Wega? I suppose you think that is a nicely priced product. I was talking about Sony as a company.

And stop giving me that marketing bull crap about revolutionary BluRay blah blah blah.

So far, its been pretty revolutionary. 50gb on single disk and the use of blue laser is technically revolutionary to DVDs, your biased opinions are pretty much are already flawed since you've made it clear you will criticise Sony because of other products it releases, so yeah, anything you say hardly holds any water now.

And I'm talking about the Ps3 only, Sony has done a great job in pricing it well.

We didn't have a thread on XBOX360 or Wii fans waiting for a week and quitting jobs etc. However, In this very thread, I did say:

We didn't? Oooh...

Wii Hardware Message Board - Wii Hardware Forum - Wii Hardware Discussion

All those people hate the Ps3, they're like you, justify them because those are fanboys. Ps3 people do it because they have no other choice than to pick that head-start if they want to have any chances of getting one.

Though, I say they are fanboys, but just for the heck of it, because they truly are not. They're just showing how anxious they really are to welcome the Wii release date. These kind of people are called hardcore gamers - Not Fanboys of any kind. The guy who stopped his engagement maybe, but not all of them.

Say's who? The people who claim you pwned me are all PS3 fans.

See? You're learning! Its fans, not fanboys.

I am here to have fun and I decide I can get my kicks by making fun of a bunch of idiots who are standing in line. At no point did I say, "Look there are a bunch of idiots in line. Bet Params7 would love to join then". However, we have you jumping to their (and Sony's) defense at the drop of a hat.

Then go post your opinions in a blog or something, because in a forums, you're bound to get people arguing IF they see you wrong somewhere.

However, we have you jumping to their (and Sony's) defense at the drop of a hat.

Who says I wouldn't have said the same thing if this were Wii or X360 fans?

And I particularly pointed out where you contradicted yourself, apart from your claim that you did not, you did not back your claim up in any way.

That's blatant stumbling, talk about contradictions, you yourself give it a bad name, remember the first time when you said it was going to be your last post in the thread? You're clearly trying dodge your way out now.

Guess what - this is not my last post.

XD...I almost saw that coming.

(presumably your pop isn't the CEO) and a bunch of loonies stamding in line for a week (I don't think your sister is in that line either).

You have zero crediblity left now, Krool, leave before it gets any worse. No, I'm not that pathetic like you, I won't bring your mother into this, but apprently, you're trying to use my family in hopes of having me insulted just so you can finally see the shining day with your chests up with " I just owned Params7 by making fun of his sister ". Looks like you'll do anything to get your over-analyzed and over-flawed opinions on top, contradict your own self down and up, bringing other people, using non-funny, lame witty comments that just shows how weird you really are. You've made it clear you're bashing Ps3 just becuase its not a bad product, but because you want the company to suffer, so any sane user knowing this will not take anything from you about the Ps3 seriously.

So yeah, you've been pwnd in and out and have shown your true sad self to the public. Stop being persistent idiot before you embarrass yourself further.

:rofl:

this thread made my day!

as for the guy who called off his engagement coz of the PS3,

Good for mankind na,

good riddance from that stoopid gene pool :rofl:

but seriously, camping in a queue for a week for a console (of all things) is a clear sign of twisted priorities which cannot be jusfied in any way!

Guys... Its all about opnions... You can have any opinion..you may or maynot have reasons is not the point... The point is your opinion.

If someone thinks gamers waiting for 1 week should be obliterated from earth, thats his opinion... It does not matter what he thinks...

@params : while you are right in what you have said, you opinion is bit biased towards games coz maybe u like gaming. So its all opnions. You cant justify them to someone who does not understand your viewpoint and vice versa.

So i think its best to say your opinion or maybe justify your stand, but let it be at that.

P.S. I for once fully agree with your stand.

@KK : Dont bring unnecessary element like parents into your posts. While it may not matter to you or others, but some other person may not like it.

I do agree with Params that people waiting a week in line aren't automatically fanboys. A person can love a console immensely without having the need to bash other consoles.

Bringing parents in? What I said was that I didn't think that I was insulting his family (because probably he wasn't related to Sony and/or people in that particular one week long line), so I didn't get his impassioned reaction. Why don't you go and read the posts before saying things like that?

And as for credibility params, you never had much.

why the hell are you posting stuff from Wii hardware forums when I say that WE didn't have a thread on Wii guys waiting in line for a week. I am not a member of that forum, you can't expect me to troll the internet looking for forums to post in.

As ofr my hatred of Sony, I have said time and again - I hate Sony. I didn't deny it. And I said that was why I wanted it to get screwed. You also ignore the fact that time and time again have said that the PS3 is technologically most advanced. Convenient for you to forget it.

See? You're learning! Its fans, not fanboys.

That is cause none of them actually stood in line for a week.

That's blatant stumbling, talk about contradictions, you yourself give it a bad name, remember the first time when you said it was going to be your last post in the thread? You're clearly trying dodge your way out now.

No man, the ONLY place I contradicted myself in this thread was when I said I wouldn't post again. But you make it hard to resist. Why don't you stop stumbling and go back and look at what I said? Answer that point if you feel like it.

The level can be as high as it can be, fanboy still wouldn't classify them.

I already said that I was willing to hear your definition of fanboy. I am still waiting for it.

Bringing parents in? What I said was that I didn't think that I was insulting his family (because probably he wasn't related to Sony and/or people in that particular one week long line), so I didn't get his impassioned reaction. Why don't you go and read the posts before saying things like that?

Impassioned reactions? I'm just fixing you.

And it always doesn't have to be family for impassioned reactions anyways.

And as for credibility params, you never had much.

Lets see, you've admitted you make all posts even in a debate for purely fun, you criticise Sony for any products it'll make regardless if they really are good or not, you apparently tried to back me off my bringing my sister in this debate.

And you talk credibility after all that?

That is cause none of them actually stood in line for a week.

While many of us have stated to join them if had a chance.

I already said that I was willing to hear your definition of fanboy. I am still waiting for it.

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/503648-post87.html

Its in there, first half of the post. Where I say when a fan is obsessively blinded by the product to not see the rest of the market as any sort of competition, also to some extent running over social graces (such as abandoning jobs, dumping your lover).

Its easy really, just apply the opposite of what you are. You're a Sony Anti-fanboy. You don't see the products, you just criticise anything with label SONY bad, fanboys are the same but do it for the love of the product/company.

PS3 campers shot at near Best Buy

Police are investigating a drive-by shooting involving people waiting in line for a video game.

Dozens of people camped out in front the Best Buy store on Nicholasville Road. They're hoping to get their hands on a Sony PlayStation 3 console. But the wait turned serious when someone drove by and fired shots at people waiting in line.

Four people were hit by the BB pellets, including 27 NEWSFIRST reporter Elizabeth Dorsett. She was interviewing someone in line at the time. None of them were seriously hurt.

Police came to the store to investigate. They're still looking for a suspect.
Lexington Police say they'll stay at the Best Buy to make sure people in line stay safe.

The PlayStation 3 goes on sale Friday morning at eight. The consoles are selling for more than $600 a piece.

WKYT - News

greeny beat me to it :(

More fun :lol:

Geeks go at it for a PS3

A WALMART IN Southern California had to be temporarily closed down when violence broke out between geeks queuing ahaed of the release of Sony's new console, the Playstation 3.

Around ten thirty at night hundreds of gamers had gathered hoping to snag a PS3 at midnight. As the store only had 20 units to sell and the confusion of where the queue began and ended continued to rise, the mob was asked to leave the store and form a line outside.....

Guess what happend :p

Geeks go at it for a PS3

lol pathetic really ! These incidents are so downright pathetic that there's no point in arguing about them ! Czars quote sums it up for me atleast "camping in a queue for a week for a console (of all things) is a clear sign of twisted priorities which cannot be justified in any way!"

Back