PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Don't know whether ps3 folks know him or not but he is the only hope seriously.

[2011-10-14 04:27PM UTC] #c4e <Tommy877> c4eva is ps3 still on to-do-list?

[2011-10-14 04:27PM UTC] #c4e <Yaka> thats a good question daveyboy

[2011-10-14 04:27PM UTC] #c4e <Paul0G25> yes

[2011-10-14 04:27PM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> tommy:yes

it's old news and the things are looking dull right now.. it doesn't even matter if No_one is not interested in releasing the method but all we want is a method to play new games and the ability to back them up..

CONFIRMED: JB2 (Jailbreak 2) v3.55 dongle playing v3.60+ PS3 games

GaryOPA @PS3Crunch said:
Very Strange thing and out of the blue and with no big fanfare, this JB 2 rumor been going around like wildfire on various forums, but now I have personally confirmed it with one of my trusted sponsors, and will I have more information next week with detailed pictures and info on actual features, plus an sample soon afterwards to be reviewed by one of our trusted Crunching Developers!

You might not believe your eyes or ears yet, but it is real and currently selling only locally in small shops in Indonesia, but it true the JB2 dongle works only on original v3.55 firmware, but it allows you to play games like Fifa 12 which have v3.60+ keys on 'pirated Blu-Ray discs' (burned media), but not from the HDD, unless it is older game, all the way up to the latest v3.73 games!

Biggest news 'break' of this year so far in the PS3 'scene', and they calling it JB2 (Jailbreak 2) and it will be the real deal for the PS3 owners.

I have officially eaten my own words from yesterday!

Here is the 'original' email I got yesterday, and I am sorry for thinking KADO was part of this JB2 business, he is not, just a smart cookie that knows how to fix PS3 systems, very good at it also!

Hello Gary,

i have this news / info or i don't know what to call it because i'm also confused right now. I can't find this news on any ps3 site out there (Ps3Hax, Crunch etc)

i live in indonesia, and here in my country, there is a hot rumor about new dongle called JB2 and can play 3.60+ game burned to Blank BD...

It also still can play from HDD...

It require us still on 3.55 (not cfw), use the dongle (without power eject), and it will boot the ps3, then you can insert the copied / pirated bd disc. It already being sold and my friend also the sellers already confirmed it can play FIfa 12 and PES 12 and more game coming soon

i attached all the pics

curent game :
- PES 2012
- FIFA 2012
- Driver San francisco
- God of War Origins
- X-Men Destiny
- Sniper Ghost Warrior

Upcoming
- Resistance 3
- Disgaea 4
- Batman Arkham City

and the video:

[youtube]vH30DpbUkbY[/youtube]

Source: CONFIRMED: JB2 (Jailbreak 2) v3.55 dongle playing v3.60+ PS3 games

well, if they have found a way to run the games, i don't think it'll take time for developers to reverse engineer the method so that we can play through our hdd and even if they aren't able to do that, it's just a matter of time before discs start selling in palika..

apparently, DUPLEX have cracked GOW Origins Collection.. so, for those who have been waiting to play these PSP titles on their HDTVs, are in for a treat..

PS: they have cracked the PSN title, so don't get optimistic about the cracking of the retail 3.66 games, they are still afar, in Indonesia..

hackboy89 said:
why did my post get deleted..?? i didn't post any link or something like that.. :S

^Precisely. Please tread carefully on this thread. If admins decide to trash the thread, that'd mark the end of any discussions related to jailbreaking and hacking.

PS: Do not discuss anything on the scene releases and who's cracked what.

Another progress on from a ps3news member, TUHTA on the CFW scene (and this looks promising):

[youtube]n-gNjKqsIRA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

As you can see, he's signed into PSN and also the firmware is 3.72 and you can see him booting FTP server, which is a homebrew app.

His quote:

"Hello everyone,

As i promised here is the footage of my 3.72 CFW which I was able to make thanks to the keys I extracted with the CloneSkeet and my exploit.

As you can see, it has the following features:

1. Use official PSN (Playstation Network)

2. Run Homebrews

3. Run backups (I will make another video next week, showing that feature)

I'm working hard & try my best.

Thanks for watching!

tuhta is also claiming to provide PSN capability to the users even when the console is on his cfw.. As he has said that the exploit which he has found is a hardware-based exploit which Sony can't patch up, like on the 360..

PS: things are looking really exciting right now..

^^ yeah, cheating is not at all justified but there are still people on the COD servers who cheat from time to time..

though, psn or no psn, doesn't matter for me and i don't have any issues if Sony asks us to put the genuine disc in the ps3 if we wanna play online..

Back