[PSA] BEWARE : STOLEN Goods selling on facebook and watsapp groups.

I don't give a rat's ass about losses to Amazon, TBH. I only care for what the consumer has to go through.

The end user suffers because of scumbag scamming thieves like Jora. They dilute the excitement of recieving a spanking new product, and we end up fighting to get our money back. These f*cknuts, in the meanwhile, are flipping the goods WE paid for.

They do care just not in the right way. Instead of focusing their efforts on stopping such scams & reduce their losses they instead focus on reducing their expenses on customer support & rejecting even genuine return/replacement requests.
this reminds of an incident.. long long back, when one team uploaded work in Client-B's FTP, which was meant for Client-A... and manager did a blanket ban on FTP in the office.
very soon the company is hit by legal notice by Client A, for breaching NDA. and another few notices/email with bold and curse words with red, as why they have,t seen any deliveries for last 1 month
:D
The manager was fired sooner.
It would be interesting to see when this time in coming for amazon India country head,
I agree with fake products issue on amazon but 90% figure is just exaggeration. I would say it is around 20-30% depending on delivery areas & product types.
for me its 100% fake in last 1 year, even they send me used tube light with one end completely burnt off.

Please don't feel the need to feel sorry for a trillion dollar company.

Especially when it is trying to buy up all homes in US, has space travel technology and overworks its employees.

The reduced discounts + increasing Prime subscription + ads/rentals within Prime is nothing but corporate greed.
Nobody is feeling sorry for amazon here but only mentioning facts & reasons for amazon shopping experience going down for many. Also, two wrongs don't make a right, corporate greed is not good but neither is becoming a fraud/scammer to loot that corporate.
for me its 100% fake in last 1 year, even they send me used tube light with one end completely burnt off.
Mention your area pincode, will make a note of it to suggest not order anything from amazon if someone I know is/will be there.

a friend of mine owns a major Electronics brand agency, this is the reason why he doesnt sell on Amazon, customer returns product with any bullshit reason, and he has to take it back, no questions asked, and guess whether he's able to sell it again for MRP? ding ding ding! He cant, so he's forced to give major discounts on the product and sell it to third party distributors.
Many products on Amazon are replacement only. Returnable is rare to see and never applies to electronics.

So where is the question of returns for any BS reason? Prior to 2015 maybe.
a bigger drop in the bucket? let me reassure you, if these actions were really getting anywhere close to the real bottom line of Amazon, they would have taken action way sooner, is it scummy? yes, does it result in losses for an org like Amazon? yes, do they account for it while calculating their financial sheets/business plan? **** yes
If the fraud is a tiny fraction of legit sales then its more trouble than it's worth. Nothing scummy here if the cost to go after with no prospect of a tangible return.

Last edited:
Many products on Amazon are replacement only. Returnable is rare to see and never applies to electronics.
And where do you think the replacement comes from, basically the seller end up selling one unit & get back one opened unit which he then has to sell at a loss as open box.

If the fraud is a tiny fraction of legit sales then its more trouble than it's worth. Nothing scummy here if the cost to go after with no prospect of a tangible return.
Problem is that because of the large population here the small scammers*10000 makes it almost impossible for amazon to stop frauds because going after all of them is not possible & going after one/few of them is not worth it as per laws here.

And where do you think the replacement comes from, basically the seller end up selling one unit & get back one opened unit which he then has to sell at a loss as open box.
A BS reason won't work for replacement. If the seller is dealing in damaged goods then this is the result. Otherwise its sellers discretion.

This applies more in countries where Amazon operates with a no questions asked returns policy than India.
Problem is that because of the large population here the small scammers*10000 makes it almost impossible for amazon to stop frauds because going after all of them is not possible & going after one/few of them is not worth it as per laws here.
This happens in other countries too. Why do you think fraud in India is higher?

I remember back in 2016, amazon kicked out a quarter a million customers because they were posting fake reviews.

Last edited:
Also, two wrongs don't make a right, corporate greed is not good but neither is becoming a fraud/scammer to loot that corporate.
So 3 wrongs make everything fine and dandy? Why are you and (Amazon) assuming EVERYONE is a scammer?

I'm just a guy who wants the product I paid for, without getting entangled in their internal problems.

Scammers exist everywhere: it is the price of doing business. Treating all customers like criminals is a quick way to earn a bad name.

Let's not forget Az itself tried to scam me by sending a returned+resealed product when I ordered a brand new product. Then there was the case where they "photoshopped" the missing serial no. on the old invoice instead of raising a proper one. How do you justify that?

A BS reason won't work for replacement. If the seller is dealing in damaged goods then this is the result. Otherwise its sellers discretion.
I was mainly talking about amazon own sellers, 3rd party sellers have become smarter now video recording entire packaging process showing product was brand new sealed pack when packaged & given to amazon so any issue can be perfectly handled by the brand service centre. Of course amazon own sellers like appario/clicktech won't be doing this because of operational/logistical constraints due to their scale of operation.

This happens in other countries too. Why do you think fraud in India is higher?
I already mentioned it. 1% of ecomm platform users doing fraud in UK is not the same as 1% of ecomm users doing fraud in India because of its population. Only comparison possible is with China but then because of CCP rules/fear scammers there scam ppl mainly outside of China.

So 3 wrongs make everything fine and dandy? Why are you and (Amazon) assuming EVERYONE is a scammer?
Since when did saying around 10-20% of loss is attributable to scammers translates to everyone is a scammer?

I'm just a guy who wants the product I paid for, without getting entangled in their internal problems.
That's like saying I just want a smooth travel experience on roads with no potholes & traffic jams without getting entangled with politics/voting as I am paying all my taxes, that's not how real world works. If amazon has internal problems then customer too will have issues sooner or later.
Scammers exist everywhere: it is the price of doing business. Treating all customers like criminals is a quick way to earn a bad name.
Amazon is not treating all customers like criminals, it has practically delegated that responsibility to its AI fraud detection system running on faulty algos which is not very good at differentiating between genuine returns & frauds.

Let's not forget Az itself tried to scam me by sending a returned+resealed product when I ordered a brand new product. Then there was the case where they "photoshopped" the missing serial no. on the old invoice instead of raising a proper one. How do you justify that?
What was the product? Only time I have received what seemingly looked like a "returned+resealed" product is when it was some low priced product with no fancy hologram stickers/seal stickers & basically just a flap so anybody could possible open the box take out the product & then put it back inside after 5 min of usage without leaving any trace of product being used (assuming no stains on fingers while handling). As for the invoice, once a proper gst invoice is raised in the system it cannot be "reissued" with any modifications without canceling the initial order & regenerating it with modified details for new order of same product. What amazon did was basically what ppl would suggest you to do if you had bought the same product from flipkart last year because at that time in such cases fk system wouldn't even allow generating & sending photoshopped invoice though now it seems they have also adopted this same policy as per some comments here.

Back