Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

i have seen last movie 12 Angry Men ... its a awesome movie... i got some snapdeal coupons and bought the dvd from them in half rate ....

Good to see people actually purchasing classic movies.
12 Angry men is def an 'All time top 5' list movie.
Only after 3rd screening could i find few flaws which were not blunders though.

Provide more detail about the purchased dvd, like manufacturer, format, picture quality, subs, extras etc.
I presume u got it for ~200/- ?

Next you can watch the movie The Sting (1973, Robert Redford). - 8.7/10

Project A - 7.7/10
Project B - 7.2/10
(Good follow up.)

Yup. Even i found it by chance. Also called as Project A pt 2 / Project A 2.
Project A 2 (1987) - IMDb

As far as i remember, most of the team from Project A was there in it (been ages that i saw both. But both have decent replay value and hence gave them the rating generously). And i repeat, its just a follow up job. Def not in the league of its predecessor but was good fun.
Rarely do sequels do any justice in any regard and i think the Chinese/Hong Kong movies were (and still are) made by envisioning the action sequence first, and then weaving the story around them.

Stalag 17(1953)- Great movie by Billy Wilder absolutely super.
Some of the memorable dialogue I will give 10/10 for this movie :D

Duke: Come on, Trader Horn, let's hear it. What'd you give the krauts for that egg?
Sefton: 45 cigarettes. Price has gone up.
Duke: They wouldn't be the cigarettes you took us for last night?
Sefton: What was I gonna do with them? I only smoke cigars.
Duke: Niiice guy. The krauts shoot Manfredi and Johnson last night, and today he's out trading with them.
Sefton: Look. This may be my last hot breakfast on account of they're going to take that stove out of here, so would you let me eat it in peace?
Animal: Now ain't that too bad? Tomorrow you'll have to suck a raw egg.
Shapiro: Oh, he don't have to worry. He can always trade the krauts for a six-burner gas range. Maybe a deep freeze, too.
Sefton: What's the beef, boys? So I'm trading. Everybody here is trading. So maybe I trade a little sharper. That make me a collaborator?
Duke: A lot sharper, Sefton. I'd like to have some of that loot you got in those footlockers.
Sefton: Oh you would, would you? Listen, stupe. The first week I was in this joint, somebody stole my Red Cross package, my blanket, and my left shoe. Well, since then I've wised up. This ain't no Salvation Army - this is everybody for himself, dog eat dog.

i have seen last movie 12 Angry Men ... its a awesome movie... i got some snapdeal coupons and bought the dvd from them in half rate .... thats really a nice movie ... 12 Angry Men (English) [DVD] - Buy Movie CDs/DVDs Online @ Discounted Prices | Snapdeal.com
This is the bollywood remake in 1986!
Ek Ruka Hua Faisla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :lol:

Even I thought the same when got to know about two parts.. However Anurag Kashyap said about splitting in NDTV india's interview IIRC
Wiki says :
"The sequels were originally shot as a single film measuring a total of 318 minutes and screened at the 2012 Cannes Directors' Fortnight[SUP][/SUP][SUP][/SUP] but since no Indian theatre would volunteer to screen a five plus hour movie, it was divided into two parts (159 mins and 158 mins respectively) for the Indian Market."

Watched Gangs of wasseypur 1 & 2. 10/10. First part is entertaining, second is intense and lacks comedy because of no Manoj Bajpai :(

It is not about gentleman talk, or slander talk. It is about fitment. I felt they did not fit in.

What you wrote, could be:
"khatam kar de in sab ko" or; "in sab ka kaam tamaam kar do"

There are so many movies on Mumbai gangsters, and mafia in Delhi. No, swear words are used. Or do only people in Bihar/UP swear. Haha
It is after watching these movies(news helps too) people seem to form opinions about UP/Bihar. Its sickening when it comes down to clarifying perceptions based on what people "saw" in movies. Believe me I come from a rustic part of India ( kippu ) (village in Bihar) and though language is rather coarse, we don't use so many cuss words.
Our movie directors love putting unecessary words in between dialouges to give the "genuine" feel. Even the Bihari tone is not correct :p

Aside,

Pirates Band of Misfits - 8/10 --> Same director as Chicken Run. Love the story. Wonder why we don't have many stop motion animation movies

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

They even tried to incorporate the use of jurors by showing special circumstances for the murder. Though the movie bombed at the box office.

Pirates Band of Misfits - 8/10 --> Same director as Chicken Run. Love the story. Wonder why we don't have many stop motion animation movies

Budget, man. The biggest issue. In this age of digital and lifelike 3D having the time and the talent for stop motion clay-mations is shrinking and investing in it is a trifle dicey.

The Hunger Games -> 5/10

Man, so much of hooplah and MTV movie awards for this !! Just a poor effort to remake The Condemned with emotional touch. Apart from the plot, the Cinematography was very poor as well.

Ek tha Tiger : 8/10

Surprisingly this is a decent film. Action is well shot, only 2 songs in the movie (so it is tight and straight); story is decent (but some holes in there); and no neighborhood nation bashing. Overall, Bhai, can still deliver, and Lady Katty has come of age -can- act now, and even speak decent Hindi. :)

^^ Somehow i have lost interest in Hindi movies completely (Same goes for TV). Even a good rating/review only marks it as watchable at home only.
Spending money on a screening @ theater is a flat no.

But i ll happily pay for DD channel if they start their old 80s serial once again.

^^ Somehow i have lost interest in Hindi movies completely (Same goes for TV). Even a good rating/review only marks it as watchable at home only.
Spending money on a screening @ theater is a flat no.

But i ll happily pay for DD channel if they start their old 80s serial once again.

True. You would not believe it, but they blasted us with advertisements for 30 odd minutes at the interval. But at times, one needs to go out with "people". :) Movie going is fine. Plus the malls are not that far from my house.
;)

Ek Tha tiger - 5 /10

Too much unrealistic action. I know dabbang had it, but it was enjoyable. Half the way you can guess what is happening next. The best part of the movie was at the last. (Mashallah song). Decent one time watch. Not in same league as salman's previous movies. My advice is watch it on DVD in case you are not a salman fan. Salman and Katrina save the film.

I have decided to stop watching any hindi movie which have spy in the story. First , I was disappointed by agent vinod and now this Ek tha tiger.

Back