Sony PS Vita - Discussion Thread

I remember reading somewhere that it would release in India after it releases in Europe which might be sometime in February.

A few more things I remeber were:
- Not all PSP games are available on PSN to download into PS Vita at the moment.
- PSX Classic games from don't work at the moment on the Vita.
- Buying digital copies on PSN in India is not a very bright idea considering most of the games cost more than their store counterparts. Also, If you see Media Go FF7 as a PSX classic is available before you log into your Indian PSN account. In short not all games are available games are available in every region especially ours.
- PS Vita supports only one account if you want to log into a different account you have to restore to factory settings and then attempt to login. So the above problem would not be solved by having multiple accounts.
- If you own a PSP UMD you have to prove it and then you get a discount to buy it online. Guess it would be a good idea to keep the PSP around if you want to play those games. But it is suggested that be some enhancements for some games and that might not be so bad if 3d Platformers, shooters, GTA LCS and VCS get Right analog support or even better the rear touch pad support for aiming.

In short please don't get a Vita to play a PSP game and crib about it as the Vita seems to be an excellent device.

I just hope that the speculated price of 50$ per game isn't true because and games retail for around Rs.1499/-.

^Not to mention the PSV cannot output the display to a secondary display such as the HDTV. That has been the biggest disappointment for me. The device has a 960 * 544 qHD display with a 16:9 aspect ratio (which is also the resolution for several smartphones such as the Droid Razr, Atrix 4G etc) and yet Sony did not implement this feature which was present in the previous PSPs and PSP Go.

Was planning to get the device from the US when it launches but dropped the idea.

May be they will add video out in the next model or may be not.

Last time it was struggling against the mighty DS even though it was more powerful and had a number of multimedia features. So they added skype, internet radio, video out etc., to lure the people into getting one.

This time the PSV is way more innovative than the gimmicky 3DS. I am not biased towards Sony. I own a DS Lite but I see nothing in a 3DS that makes me want to get one.

PS Vita Freeze and Touch Screen Issues

Signs of a rushed release without proper last minute checks? I mean how can issues of freezing not be noticed by the Sony folks? The device has already sold 300k+ units in Japan in 3 days!

In related news:

The PKG’s I used for my testings were pretty old and the key update was expected. Nevertheless it’s a bit disappointing but a new nice challenge. The PS3 can decrypt the new packages on firmware 4.00 which contains the new PS VITA PKG AES key for the PS3 <--> PS VITA content exchange feature. This means we can decrypt and get the content of the PS VITA PKG files via a 4.00 PS3. Sadly there’s no solution to re-encrypt it again, yet.

PS Vita jailbreak is already possible - Myona.com | Myona.com

:p

gannu not to mention that barrier of res has already been broken by the likes of galaxy nexus,htc rezound,galaxu note etc,but this was ineitable.psv is a fantastic piece of tech and i would love to get my hands on it,but i will buy it only when it has been perfectly jailbreaked like psp and not at all like the ps3..who all are in the same boat as me?

I find this highly overpriced for a handheld device. I dont think prices will come down as already 300k+ Units sold in Japan. Why would they even consider reducing!

The pricing is good but yet again Sony wants to milk its customers on peripherals. Damn memory card costs as much as the PSP itself. Wth!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

sudhanshu123 said:
tufen i don't think vita is powerful enough to emulate all ps2 titles at full speed.maybe like some non-intensive ones.
If the Vita is powerful enough to produce PS3-esque visuals then it should do PS2 without breaking a sweat.But that isn't how software emulation works.The modern day PC is about 10 times as fast as the PS2 but still we do not have the perfect PS2 emulator.'Perfect' PS2 emulation on the Vita would only be possible if it is initiated by SONY themselves and then developers can capitalize on that to fabricate a full-fledged emulator that could play every PS2 game in the book...a bit like the Xperia Play.

one of my friend found ps vita wifi + uc game +4gb memery card for 30 k

i am not able to decide weather to go for it or wait for it to launch in india

i need some help

(he said he can get around 4 of them so if any one else is interested in it u can pm me) that a side I want u guys to let me know weather to go for it or not?

@comp@addict - 3DS is ahead because Vita has only been released in Japan or is the figures from Japan? Please post the source.

@akarsh - Wait for the Indian release because if there are any problems in Vita then they will be solved to some extent by the time it is released here.

@comp@addict - 3DS is ahead because Vita has only been released in Japan or is the figures from Japan? Please post the source.

Japan I guess. Even if it isn't, it's nearly 4 times more.

Here:

In fact Media Create reports that over 480,000 Nintendo 3DS units were sold in Japan last week

72,479 PlayStation Vita units were sold in the week ending on December 25th.

PlayStation Vita Sales Plummet In Japan | PCWorld

I guess that speaks volumes

After I heard about the memory cards and 1psn locked to one vita, I decided to not buy this. Even though it might be a great portable, I just won't support these tactics.

Besides Resident Evil on 3DS looks really good. I'll probably go nintendo when for next handheld now and experience what I missed with DS too.

Back