Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

sajokj said:
Thank God, Finally I rooted my Spice Mi-410 .

Thanks to paarkhi and all other friends here who helped me to root my phone. I used ClockWorkMod Recovery method for rooting. Its as simple as 1-2-3 , again thanks to all.

Congrats for the root.

I am not able to detect SD card in download mode..... may be problem of my system..... I am formatting system.... will come if still face the problem...

Haha no I always keep an eye on this thread. Have not yet sold my 410, may gift it to my Dad if I am not able to sell in the next couple of weeks.

SGS2 is awesome, Android is growing on me. Took some time coming from 3GS but I think I can use it as my daily phone.
paarkhi said:
Hey Asky, Good to see you here, I thought now you may not visit this thread as you must have sold your CSL-MI410, btw is your mobile sold and how is your SGS2 working?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

You need to mount the system folder of the phone manually by going in computer and then follow the rest of the process...

I don't think SD card works in download mode, right guys?
vivekb said:
I am not able to detect SD card in download mode..... may be problem of my system..... I am formatting system.... will come if still face the problem...

amsang said:
I got a Scratchgard SGSEX10 For Sony Ericsson X10 XPERIA Price: Rs 345 It is a perfect match within the black area. I purchased it from saholic.

even I have requested members but it seems bluetooth headset users are in a minority. Anyway, I was using the ancient Nokia BH104 which I had to dump immediately due to below par audio quality. Next is BH 109 which I had purchased thr ebay. Now I have ordered the Plantronics Bluetooth Explorer 240 for Rs 1949 from letsbuy. I have applied the icicilb discount coupon too. Nothing wrong with BH 109, but the thing is my buddy has just purchased the galaxy S2 and we both are in competition of buying accessories. He is a little short on cash after spending a bomb on the handset, whereas I am having the luxury of splurging on accessories with the money saved.

Yes it can be done. First tick the Unknown sources option in settings-Application settings.
Then search for apps on various websites. Download the apk file on the pc. Transfer the file to the memory card using the data cable. and then install through the handset. I will be a little handicapped to tell you which are the websites, but a little searching will yield results.

Sorry, i didn't make myself clear. I wanted to know whether we can use PC internet to download from PC version of the 'Android Market' instead of using the mobile data?

Also, i tried USB tethering using Vodafone but i get this error 797 (Modem not connected or busy). Can u pls tell me the steps for USB tethering?

Asky said:
then how to copy recovery image from it and replace it with CWM recovery image..... means if I am doing it wrongly then please correct it....

adityadeva said:
and there is no chmod 6755 it should be 755 or 655,

Sometimes (usually very seldom) you will want to make a suid file. This is done by adding a "6" to the front of your number. chmod 6755 filename

Asky said:

Yes, you are right...

vivekb said:
then how to copy recovery image from it and replace it with CWM recovery image..... means if I am doing it wrongly then please correct it....

It has to be copied on the phone partition which gets mounted which is named as FIH in my computer and there you will find a folder named "Image", go inside that folder, copy recovery.img from there to your computer (somewhere safe as a backup) and now copy the newly downloaded recovery.img in image folder on FIH partition, if it asks for overwrite then simply overwrite it. disconnect your phone, remove the battery and reboot

When you connect your phone to the PC in Download mode it should automatically mount the concerned partition(FIH?). You back up the existing recovery image and then overwrite it with the CWM image. I think that is all there is to it, SD Card doesn't come into the picture.

vivekb said:

jalanrishikesh said:
Sorry, i didn't make myself clear. I wanted to know whether we can use PC internet to download from PC version of the 'Android Market' instead of using the mobile data?

you can use Internet connection from pc to phone through wifi and disable mobile internet on your phone.

Also, i tried USB tethering using Vodafone but i get this error 797 (Modem not connected or busy). Can u pls tell me the steps for USB tethering?

There are no steps involved in USB tethering, I do it all the time, even now I'm USB tethered. You just need to enable it from your settings on the phone.

Answers are below your questions....

Asky said:
When you connect your phone to the PC in Download mode it should automatically mount the concerned partition(FIH?). You back up the existing recovery image and then overwrite it with the CWM image. I think that is all there is to it, SD Card doesn't come into the picture.
thanks to both of you (asky and Paarakhi) but that folder is not showing on my sys..... will try again.....(Phone is on debugging mode, with all installed driver)

paarkhi said:
Answers are below your questions....

I don't have Wifi. I wanted to download from Android Market through USB using PC net.

I have created a dialer for Vodafone but it does not connect with the phone. Is there a different APN to be used for USB tethering? Which is ur service provider? I configured my APN manually as they did not send me any settings for this phone.

jalanrishikesh said:
I had the same problem too when i bought the phone. You need to activate it using WiFi. It won't work with mobile net. After activation you won't have this problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried this one too but does not work.
Can any one please help solve this issue. I am able to acces my gmail account on the mobile browser. But when I try Gmail apps or android market using my gmail account name / password it always gives error " unable to connect with a reliable data serverv..... this could be a temporary poblem of your phone may not be provision for the data serices".
I am not able to use the andorid market on the phone because of this reason. Appreciate any help I can get ..

jalanrishikesh said:
I don't have Wifi. I wanted to download from Android Market through USB using PC net.

That is not possible

I have created a dialer for Vodafone but it does not connect with the phone. Is there a different APN to be used for USB tethering? Which is ur service provider? I configured my APN manually as they did not send me any settings for this phone.

I'm using airtel and there are no different or additional settings for usb tethering, even I made the apn settings manually, try any other sim with correct apn settings

vivekb said:
not able to find out drivers for this mobile. any help......

Disable your debugging mode and connect your phone to the computer, a drive will be loaded in my computer, you will have all your drivers there, myself using win 7 32 bit

updated with CSL 2.3.4 and rooted
Thanks to paarkhi, It is guys like him who take effort to share and inturn make life much easier for others.

For updating I used the SD Card method. Did not have to remove even the sim card. Took a little backup, but basically finished off in a few steps. Wiped the cache too.

rooted using the clockwork mod recovery. That also went smooth. as per the steps given. Remember to read the last line which is nearly a footnote.

CSL 2.3.4 is not much dramatic change in the RAM and running applications. I was irritated to see things like blueberry messenger and store. There was some S unno and Myriad UPnP server and remote.

system info app showed the following data for memory before and after the update
60 % used 142.8M available
57 % used 150.3 available

Removing the bloatware.
Somehow I dont know but have always not got the thing right in Titanium backup. When I rooted my Samsung mini sometime back got stuck with Titanuim. So I have gone for Root Uninstaller. Its working thought it has no yet removed the Blueberry messenger and the CSL funclub. I am being a little careful as to which app to remove.

Android market for the PC.
The only way to access is the webpage of android market through the browser. There also you can only send it to the handset, but cannot download it to the PC. Though it seems logical to have an itunes like setup to transfer apps. There are a few websites out there which allow you to download app to the PC. But thats about all.
There might be some plans in the future, but I have generally observed that android OS does not tie you down with anything in any aspect.

amsang said:
Its working thought it has no yet removed the Blueberry messenger and the CSL funclub. I am being a little careful as to which app to remove.

Until you are sure about uninstalling you can also freeze them so that they are not shown in your app drawer and CSL Funclub and Blueberry Messenger are hardcoded somewhere else also, so they are not getting removed, just freeze them....

sajokj said:
Rooting using the new method is more easy then linux one. we can see FIH drive in my computer .
still not able to find FIH drive.... Please find below screen shot which I am facing while installing drivers....
[attachment=8884:15403.attach]

help me to tackle with this problem....

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 99
Back