Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

Re: Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990

virus32win said:
Can we attach this box through HDMI directly to LCD monitor?

Yeah...
If the monitor has HDMI connector, then you can directly plug the set-top box, and if the monitor has DVI connector, you can buy a DVI to HDMI cable. I am using Dell U2311 with Tata Sky HD through a DVI to HDMI cable

i paid Rs.2599/- for Tata Sky HD. i did not want the recording feature so did not opt for plus..am waiting for the installation.

though i am confused regarding my subscriptions, i presently have subscribed sports channels through "make my pack" option which allows to choose each channel individually. i made calls to CC regarding HD pack subscription and they gave me different versions each time. one said that i will not be allowed to have the "make my pack" option and will have to go for some "base pack plus HD gold pack" in order to watch cricket. other guy told me that i do not have to make any change in the channel subscriptions and the already subscribed ESPN and Star Sports will automatically be upgraded to HD once i have the HD STB(hard to believe this theory)
can someone already on HD shed some light...

arun687 said:
Airtel will be changing to SES7 in few weeks, so can expect few new channels as they'll have more bandwidth. Airtel is known for charging a lot of money and I've low hopes on them. Just that they're taking Rs 165 for ESPN HD while all their competitors are giving it for free or max of Rs 50-60 says it all. I'll be moving to TS HD+ eventually.
Even DishTV taking Rs 150. Its only for world cup(19th feb to 2nd april) :p

Guys tell me one thing how the TS HD sound quality ?

TIA :)

webserver2009 said:

Dish TV is taking Rs 150 for Word Cup + French open. Still it's a little on the higher side, when TS is giving their whole HD pack for Rs 50 and its similar price for Reliance Digital TV. To add to the frustration, it's been ages since Airtel customers are waiting for other HD channels like Discovery HD. So Airtel is the most expensive and having the least HD content at the moment.

webserver2009 said:

I use an optical cable which connects to the receiver of my 5.1 system.

I've watched a bit of Nat Geo HD ever since I got my connection a few days back. The sound is very good! However, in the case of the CWC 2011, I find the digital surround signal quite irritating. The sound in general is wide and you can here the crowd through the surround speakers. However one second after a commentator starts talking, the front speakers become louder and the surround speakers become almost muted. Once the commentator stops speaking, the sound gets evenly distributed again. This keeps happening throughout the game!

I watched HD match with leisure yesterday and it was mindblowing visual treat. never feel to start SD channels again, and comparison to star cricket SD is just to be avoided, its too much quality downgrade.

I am on Airtel.

And I am loving no ads and Sheela ke Jawani in stadium while SD viewer bask on hammering of ads :p.

I feel TS is using their own distribution channel to a great advantage for the HD STB. they are giving HD STB fre with Samsung TVs.

^ How many HD channel Airtel DTH have, including Star Sports, Cricket, ESPN, etc. To me being an old Airtel customer they offered HD box at 2450.

virus32win said:
^ How many HD channel Airtel DTH have, including Star Sports, Cricket, ESPN, etc. To me being an old Airtel customer they offered HD box at 2450.
IIRC airtel just has Nat Geo HD. The HD sports channels are only for the cricket world cup, they will be disable once its finished.

virus32win said:
IMO, you should avoid Airtel HD. Just 1 HD channel, Nat Geo HD. Airtel not good for HD content, look for TS or Dish. Price is almost similar for others as well.

Hey, can anyone tell me which video and audio output connectors are present in TS, Airtel and Dish HD boxes?

any idea whats up with tata sky...got the hd STB installed but no hd channels..say their system is down...been 4 days now very annoying

Guys I got a call from tata sky engineer he told me Tata Sky+ HD from now will be available for 5k and will be sold for 3k after 25th march..... Can anybody else confirm this news please....

Is that Tata Sky HD + only limited to Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune ?

My Tata Sky HD PVR STB just hangs up after every one hour or less. Does not take remote input and the picture freezes. I have to pull the mains plug and then switch it back on. The engineers came and reset the box. Since then it has been even more frequent. :(

^ woah, so this happens on TataSKy hd pvr too? This happens on my Dish sd box frequently and its frustrating. Sometimes the box just puts out a single color screen in a shade of blue, green, red or white after hanging. feel like kicking the box.

Seems like botched OTA update to me. Get them to change the box since its in warranty now.

@Renegade - I'm facing the same issues. Enggineers didn't do squat

Anyone having the TataSky HD pvr, what is the pvr usage fee per day mentioned in their user guide? is it deducted on per channel basis? ex i want to record Animax and a show on Discovery. Then will it charge per channel or take a flat fee per day? And if it is per day, then if I record for only 1 day in a week, will it cut the whole weeks money or just that days money? Any one recording thru the pvr?

pvrfee.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Err? What has recording got to do with charging? Its your device, you record as much as you want till it gets full. Then you delete some and record more.

Back