Car & Bike The car thread ......

You have the touchscreen version? I dig it.

Also, how are you liking the sound quality of oem setup? I totally love it and am happy it sounds good with my music taste but itch to upgrade has been there for long, after I tried Nexon's audio once. But then I am not too familiar with offerings in market and think I may not get a fantastic setup for a reasonable price.
Yep, the touchscreen version. The sound quality is pretty decent - not great but it's alright after tuning the EQ and keeping "Loudness mode" on. But the SQ doesn't bother me too much anyway since I prefer to listen to radio so even if I upgrade it, won't be a big difference lol. It does get pretty loud, and I think the SQ at higher volume levels (above 12 or 12 I'd say) is way better than at lower ones But the unit itself is pretty slick - no lags or delays as such, plus Android Auto works beautifully - never disconnects or anything like that. Overall quite satisfied with it.
Not sure about aftermarket stuff in the automotive world myself, plus prefer to keep the car bone stock anyway (apart from tyres and a few OEM fittings like scuff plates and aluminum pedals lol).

Does it make sense to buy a Hyundai i10 Automatic from 2011-2012 year. I see lots of under 3L listings on olx near my area (Borivali, Mumbai) with around 45K-60K odometer (which I am doubtful is true).

This will be first car and new driver and my wife intends to drive most.

Does it make sense to buy a Hyundai i10 Automatic from 2011-2012 year. I see lots of under 3L listings on olx near my area (Borivali, Mumbai) with around 45K-60K odometer (which I am doubtful is true).

This will be first car and new driver and my wife intends to drive most.
I would advise against that
Better buy used ones from within your circle that too from first owner or from true value if you can buy a Maruti Suzuki., as they give you proper company warranty.

Only people who know about vehicles should buy via olx.

Would I be right if I am trying to stick to Hyundai, Maruti or Honda if I am looking for a used automatic car as a new driver and someone who knows almost nothing about cars?
Also how far back should I go for used as I am not sure if going with 2011 and such year cars is a good idea or not.

I know many people will suggest buy new but since we are new and dont have experience driving, we dont want to spend that much and also learning in brand new car vs used beater, I feel used is better.

My wife wants this cars for kids school dropping and other things around so 99% city driving and automatic only.

I was checking grand i10 too from 2015-2016 years. But they go little shy of 5L.
I don't know what correct price of a used car is.

Buy a true automatic car , not the semi automatic that maruti sells , I can't recollect what they call that .
The myth that maruti is cheap to maintain is false , but ready spares are available at all shops unlike honda .
I own an honda and a maruti , both for 8 years , maruti does not age well , honda has better fit and finish and is generally better built engine wise . My honda is. Idtec 1.5 diesel and maruti is ddis 1.2 diesel . Buy a honda preferably if considering about maruti with it . I don't know much about Hyundai , never owned one . Tata I owned one for 8 years , great car let down by reliability and poor fit and finish , but I'm sure Tata makes better cars now . Regarding nissan/Renault/Datsun buy only if service centre near your home .
My 2 cents .
Cheers ! Ankush .

if I am looking for a used automatic car as a new driver
so 99% city driving and automatic only.

1) So you are a novice at driving? Then how do you plan to inspect the used car you are planning to buy? I recommend you get a new car instead if you don't know cars well enough.

2) if you still want to go for a used one - IMO, you should not look at cars beyond 2013.

3) Also, you should try and purchase from sth like Maruti TrueValue as they seem to offer warranty on used cars as well.

4) Every car has some issues or niggles. You just have to decide which ones you can compromise on. iirc, you have following good options -

i10 - good interiors, poor fuel efficiency, poor safety ratings
Grand i10 AMT TC - better interiors, AMT, poor safety ratings
Brio CVT TC - okayish interior, great to drive, very poor safety ratings
Tiago AMT - good interior, AMT, good safety ratings
Imo, you can even get a used Honda City CVT in your budget, if you look hard enough.

5) Also, try reading user reviews on team-bhp of the car you are looking to get at Long term User reviews

Refer these for more insight -

Last edited:
@xkcd0137

I don't know much about cars but my brother does. He has a 2012 or so Honda City Automatic that he sold one month back and he just got a used 2010 Corolla Altis manual. I want a hatchback only so not looking at sedans for the time being.

Honda Brio I guess never came in CVT, it was always torque converter right?
Grand i10 I am talking about, from 2014-2016 era are also TCs I guess, not AMTs.
I don't know much about AMTs but usually TBHP hates AMT from whatever I have read that before. I am a member there and a lurker and rarely post anything.

I don't know much about cars but my brother does.
So your brother is going to help you out? Then it's okay.
Honda Brio I guess never came in CVT, it was always torque converter right? Grand i10 I am talking about, from 2014-2016 era are also TCs I guess, not AMTs.
Yeah, you are right. Brio launched with CVT in 2020 only, earlier ones are TC. Still a good car. Same with Gi10, TC is good enough.. but I don't know if 5L is a good price for same.

You can check this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indi...d-car-price-check-thread-986.html#post5130574 for a better idea. Shoot, saw you have already posted there. But do go through last 10 pages of that thread.

For eg- you can talk to this guy https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indi...d-car-price-check-thread-982.html#post5103209

Or check this for price idea - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indi...d-car-price-check-thread-968.html#post5045206
I don't know much about AMTs but usually TBHP hates AMT from whatever I have read that before. I am a member there and a lurker and rarely post anything.
Yeah, AMTs are not the best solution but they are more fuel efficient than standard automatics. Also, new Santro's AMT has electrical actuators so that is better than conventional AMTs, but I don't recommend a Santro as it's overpriced and didn't even come with passenger airbag, last time I checked.

Though, Brio and Gi10 are better automatics but if I were you I wouldn't compromise on safety and look for other options with better safety ratings as well.

Last edited:
How about Used Celerio AMT, preferably from Maruti True Value? I checked online in Mumbai and none are available for now but does it make sense to call them up and ask if there is any with them? I guess they provide 6 months - 1 years warranty (not sure) which may be sort peace of mind for a new buyer like me. And with maruti, I expect lower maintenance and fuss free ownership.

I'll let someone else chime in for Celerio as I haven't driven one. Have test driven few Marutis in past and felt they were not worth my money.

This was expected since the JV plans with Mahindra fell through, they haven't introduced a newer model while the competition has come out guns blazing in the last 10 years.
Next up is probably going to be Honda going by their lack of interest,

This was expected since the JV plans with Mahindra fell through, they haven't introduced a newer model while the competition has come out guns blazing in the last 10 years.
Next up is probably going to be Honda going by their lack of interest,
I am guessing that next is Renault/Nissan or Vw/skoda, within this decade. Honda is still alive(but barely).

I am guessing that next is Renault/Nissan or Vw/skoda, within this decade. Honda is still alive(but barely).

Renault/Nissan - they are in bad shape already - https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...nit-could-become-unviable/article35969304.ece , max to max December 2022.

WV - sadly its not decade.. most probably within another 3-6 months. they were in process of wrapping up operation already.

Skoda - they were prepping for superb launch, so they might stay.

I bought Endeavour
Ford's exit is a major blow to middle class, not for someone who rides endeavour. sell it and get a X1 :) - which is better then endeavour in every aspect with just few lakh extra.
on on serious note, Ecosports was poor mans SUV for a while, and there was ford figo. it is definitely going to impact the auto industry in wrong way.
Get ready for more chines shit in India & who knows may be ambani's venture in this space.

----

more detail - https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/09/business/ford-india-production/index.html
Ford is exiting with 2b hit in their pocket.. it is going to ripple effect in the auto industry, Tesla already denied launch in India.. soon we will be left with no other option than tin cans.
And 36000 jobs ( ) are going to be affected .. in today's scenario where the automobile industry in shrinking.... our people are going to starve.

cksysij2lpff7rqfqomw.jpg

Last edited:
Received this mail from Ford. Now that they are leaving, I am realising I have no upgrade path from my Eco except a used Endeavour ofcourse.

Screenshot_20210916-173252_Gmail~2.png

Screenshot_20210916-173302_Gmail~3.png

Screenshot_20210916-173810_Gmail~2.png

Back