The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mach9

I personally use the following case for my iPhone 4S. Below link is for iPhone 5 but the case is similar for 4S. I am satisfied with Acase.

Amazon.com: Acase Dual Layer iPhone 5 Case / Cover (Apple iPhone 5) - Superleggera Pro Fit for New iPhone 5 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks! I was kind of looking at something similar and possibly the CNC machined aluminium ones or ones where i can have the rear transparent/translucent so as to keep as much of the original look of the iPhone 5 as possible.

Also never ordered off Amazon. Do they ship to India?

Thanks! I was kind of looking at something similar and possibly the CNC machined aluminium ones or ones where i can have the rear transparent/translucent so as to keep as much of the original look of the iPhone 5 as possible.

It is available on ebay india but with the prohibitively expensive price i would suggest NOT buying from there

Acase Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection iPhone 5 Case for The New iPhone 5 | eBay

Buy Best skin ever Skin and let the beauty stay with the Phone...
Iphone 5 looks stunning without the case...

The Virgin Mobile (US) iPhone 4S 16GB is available for $399. Can we just buy it and use it in India? Is the GSM SIM slot unlocked?

I use my iPhone daily to watch videos while commuting. Currently the files are in as I procured format (avi, mkv etc) and I use AV Player.
I want to know whether I will get better battery life if I covert these files to native iPhone format and use the stock video player ?
Also please suggest the simplest no fuss converter which can convert any video in any format to iPhone compatible (stock video player). Want a no fuss converter. I am sure there are converters out there with dedicated option to convert a video directly to iPhone format.

I have LockInfo installed on my iPhone 4S and today I downloaded the newly released music player tweak Tempus. I am not sure if I did something wrong but I feel this new tweak is incompatible with LockInfo.
What happened that after I installed Tempus, the list of reminders and calendar items which was being displayed by LockInfo started to overlap on the lock screen time.
Also I was unable to tap anything on the lock screen and the slide to unlock was not working. In short I was locked out my own phone as the screen failed to register the touches.
The only way I though a way around was to remove the Tempus tweak but since I cannot get into my phone, nothing was possible.
So I tried to do something to come out of this situation. I sent a message from my wife's iPhone to mine and the message was displayed on the screen through LockInfo and I clicked that and it finally asked for my passcode and I was able to unlock my phone and remove the tweak.

So please be cautious if you install Tempus over LockInfo.

If your budget is no bar, try getting this rokbed cover Mountable Protective iPhone 5 Case with Hands-Free Driving Mount and Magnet mounting :: Rokshield v3

I am using it with my iPhone 5 and this is the best cover I have ever tried. Was using the same with my 4S earlier too.

Never thought i would, but have started using FaceTime on a daily basis over my Vodafone 3G connection. Works absolutely as expected and does not hog a lot of data. Same with iMessage.

Also please suggest the simplest no fuss converter which can convert any video in any format to iPhone compatible (stock video player). Want a no fuss converter. I am sure there are converters out there with dedicated option to convert a video directly to iPhone format.

Try Hamster Free Converter Hamster Free Video Converter - CNET Download.com

It has preset for all the Apple devices along with a host of other devices. It is lite, free and simple.

Is there a way if I delete a song from my iPhone, they will permanently stay deleted even when I sync the phone next time to my PC ? The song has not been deleted yet from the iTunes library on my PC yet.

Guys any app in App Store where in I can lock messages from a particular contact using password? I'm new to iOS and my piece is jail broken and cydia installed. I need a similar app like vault in android. Pls help.

Hi.

A lot of users including me are facing massive issues with iMessage and Facetime on Vodafone. It is nearly impossible to activate the service. The service does get activated initially, if the phone is restored, but it only works with the email addresses and not the phone number.

After contacting Apple, it seems that the problem is with Vodafone and not Apple. Apple have stated that while Airtel and Aircel users face no issues, Vodafone does not officially support the iPhone and hence, there is some settings issue at Vodafone's end.

Vodafone however claims that they cannot assist users with 3rd party apps, and as long as the data is working fine on the phone, there is no problem at their end.

Digging deeper into the whole issue, I found out that Apple sends an international text to activate iMessage when the service it turned on in the settings. This message goes to
. It is possible that this number is blocked by Vodafone. One Reliance user has posted online that he managed to get Reliance to unblock this number and has been able to use iMessage flawlessly ever since. I at my end has given the same complaint to Vodafone today and am waiting for their response. I have already spent hundreds of Rupees trying to activate these services over the last month.

Anyhow, if you google a bit, you will see that this is a massive issue and a lot of Vodafone users have spoken to Apple and Vodafone, without getting a proper solution. The fact that the service can be immediately activated using an Airtel sim means that the problem does indeed lie with Vodafone.

I use an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 (6.0.2 up till yesterday) but it doesn't work.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

@vb86

My wife and i use Vodafone and we both use iMessage and Facetime on our iPhones. Initially i did face issues activating iMessage for my number but toggling 1-2 times it worked.
Also one unrelated solution that has been suggested is to go to Settings -> General -> Date and Time and toggle the SET AUTOMATICALLY to ON if not already, if it is ON then turn off and ON again.
Try this, hope it works.

Not sure if it is important but mine and my wife is iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken and APN changed to www using unlockit.co.nz

I'll try the date and time option. Don't need to change the APN settings, they are fine. Although, I wonder why you've manually entered the APN setting using unlockit.co.nz. Are you not on an iPhone plan? For 3g plans, iPhone and non-iphone plans are the same, so there is no need to change the settings. For EDGE plans, one needs to specify that they need an iPhone plan. They cost the same as the non-iphone plan, but there is no need to change the APN settings. Also, Hotspot works perfectly.

I'll try the date and time option. Don't need to change the APN settings, they are fine. Although, I wonder why you've manually entered the APN setting using unlockit.co.nz. Are you not on an iPhone plan? For 3g plans, iPhone and non-iphone plans are the same, so there is no need to change the settings. For EDGE plans, one needs to specify that they need an iPhone plan. They cost the same as the non-iphone plan, but there is no need to change the APN settings. Also, Hotspot works perfectly.

I believe vodafone does not have any iPhone specific plans but i had read that hotspot does not work on default "iphone" APN (but never tried), so i changed to "www" but anyways that does not matter. iMessage etc should work on either APN.
Btw if possible try activating when connected to wifi network.

guys untethered JB for iPhone 4 out ?

Is there a way if I delete a song from my iPhone, they will permanently stay deleted even when I sync the phone next time to my PC ? The song has not been deleted yet from the iTunes library on my PC yet.
Do you have any reason to have your iPhone music synced ? I manually manage it & it's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back