The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

A lot of users including me are facing massive issues with iMessage and Facetime on Vodafone. It is nearly impossible to activate the service. The service does get activated initially, if the phone is restored, but it only works with the email addresses and not the phone number.

After contacting Apple, it seems that the problem is with Vodafone and not Apple. Apple have stated that while Airtel and Aircel users face no issues, Vodafone does not officially support the iPhone and hence, there is some settings issue at Vodafone's end.

Vodafone however claims that they cannot assist users with 3rd party apps, and as long as the data is working fine on the phone, there is no problem at their end.

Digging deeper into the whole issue, I found out that Apple sends an international text to activate iMessage when the service it turned on in the settings. This message goes to
. It is possible that this number is blocked by Vodafone. One Reliance user has posted online that he managed to get Reliance to unblock this number and has been able to use iMessage flawlessly ever since. I at my end has given the same complaint to Vodafone today and am waiting for their response. I have already spent hundreds of Rupees trying to activate these services over the last month.

Anyhow, if you google a bit, you will see that this is a massive issue and a lot of Vodafone users have spoken to Apple and Vodafone, without getting a proper solution. The fact that the service can be immediately activated using an Airtel sim means that the problem does indeed lie with Vodafone.

I use an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 (6.0.2 up till yesterday) but it doesn't work.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

I am not facing any issue with iMessage and Facetime, using iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 updated recently, and using Vodafone. Yes, to activate facetime Apple sends an international text message, which my phone did and the facetime was activated. None of my friends have come across any such issue with Voda and iPhone5.

Regarding the APN, voda doesn't have any specific plans for iPhone and you can use "www" or "iphone" (small letters) in the APN field, I prefer iphone (just a hox that I get good speeds with this apn) and getting 8-12mbps on 3G. Have you tried changing any other SIM?

Prior to that, have you tried activating iPhone services on your number? You should send a message "ACT IPHONE" to 144 and your iPhone services will be activated within 24 hours. Check the screenshot attached.
You will not be charged for the message, nor does your data plan will change etc. Let me know if this works for you. I don't think Vodafone has blocked such number just to block Facetime and iMessage. I use iMessage and Facetime on regular basis.
photo.jpg

I have been using iPhone 4 since last 2+ years with Facetime and iMessege since their inception on and without Gevey on my iPhone 4 with Vodafone and works flawlessly.

I know what causes these problems. You must be restoring back your iPhone with your backup. Try this. Download iPusher from Appstore and see it the Push notifications work. Try with all three. WiFi/3G and Edge. If they don't then format your iPhone. Set it up as a new device. Now download iPusher from appstore. Try the same. If they work then your Facetime and iMessege should definately work. Hopefully you don't rely on a sim interposer like gevey for your iPhone.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the best free App for keeping track of latest TV shows. Used TV tracker earlier but its paid. I waned to know if there a similar free app for the same.

Whats the best free App for keeping track of latest TV shows. Used TV tracker earlier but its paid. I waned to know if there a similar free app for the same.

I myself use iTV shows and works absolutely fine for my needs.

Check these screenshots from my phone.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 132
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 147
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 127
^^ mine was also same, do full charge cycle couple of times and backup will improve. use the phone till battery dies and then charge it.

3G for me sucks the battery a lot. But that is because vodafone has pretty spotty 3G in my office area so i always keep on EDGE/2G mode only.

Btw installous still works to install IPAs.

1. Download IPA from wherever you want
2. Disconnect net.
3. Use iFile or any other file manager, to move the downloaded IPA file to Installous download files directory

/private/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads

4. Open installous & install the app from downloads :p

Installous opens when the net is disconnected.

Btw installous still works to install IPAs.

1. Download IPA from wherever you want
2. Disconnect net.
3. Use iFile or any other file manager, to move the downloaded IPA file to Installous download files directory

/private/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads

4. Open installous & install the app from downloads :p

Installous opens when the net is disconnected.

Oh i did not know it works (as in install only). I always get the "Outdated version" error. But as you mentioned, i will disconnect internet and try.
Also if appsync is installed then one can use iFunbox to install the apps.

Above thing works, that's how I install apps. Well, iFunbox can be used, but I want to avoid using computer. If at all, I will directly install with iTunes. [why use Funbox when you can install apps with iTunes?]

now give me some reps ;-)

I had got this when Installous was still working ;)
May be you can download from somewhere and try and if you like you can buy officially.

I havent installed any pirated stuff :) Purchased all the apps for my previous iP4s and now iP5. Will give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely its not better than S3 and note 2 :p especially with 3G you cant compare with S3 or note 2 :)

with Note II, I usually get 5-6hours display time max. Though using stock rom as of now. iP5 FTW!!

I had downloaded an app on my iPhone 2 days back when it was free for that day. Now today when i went to download the same app on my wife's iPhone which has the same apple id, it shows the app as $4.99.
Since I downloaded the app when it was free, isn't that I have right to download it again on other iOS devices for free which have same apple Id ?
I think I have done this before.

Yup you should be able to download the app for free, otherwise just go to purchased section of the store and download. Sometime they change the name of the app and make it paid, happened to me couple of time, but very rarely. Just check if the name of the app is same or not.

I had downloaded an app on my iPhone 2 days back when it was free for that day. Now today when i went to download the same app on my wife's iPhone which has the same apple id, it shows the app as $4.99.
Since I downloaded the app when it was free, isn't that I have right to download it again on other iOS devices for free which have same apple Id ?
I think I have done this before.
it happened me lot of time.. once you click buy and confirm, then it will say, you've already bought this :) But make sure to check your purchase history before confirming once again! Once i did mistake by doing the samething... actually i bought an app for ipad, but next time by mistake i clicked same app which intended for iphone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back