The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ If its a factory unlocked phone , its a kickass deal . If a Software unlocked , it's a decent deal :).

FaH33m said:
^ If its a factory unlocked phone , its a kickass deal . If a Software unlocked , it's a decent deal :).
Well they say its factory unlocked. Any way to check before i switch on the phone? coz they wont lemmy switch it on before i buy it.

^why need to connect to PC ? Can you tell me ?

If it doesn't have Cydia running and can accept other sim cards, won't be FU ?

I dont know if you can check if it is a factory unlocked unit just by looking at the packaging... Im sure it is possible maybe a google search would help.

avi said:
^why need to connect to PC ? Can you tell me ?

If it doesn't have Cydia running and can accept other sim cards, won't be FU ?
Not necessary .Installing Cydia isn't compulsory to unlock . Also there are other ways in which one can hide the icons etc. Theres also a possibility of preserved base-band 4.3.1 unlocked phone etc. So max to max one can just get an idea by turning on the phone .

To be 100% sure about the phone being FU , one needs to connect it to iTunes after a restore.

Checking the model number on box used to work for some earlier models , doesn't work for iPhone 4. Model number will only tell you which country the phone belongs to .It could be FU or network locked.

Nope..You can tell if the phone is FU or not by looking @ the serial number...Find out, In which country was it brought (like Singapore, UK, Australia etc where FU phones are sold) Then Google up the serial number(atleast the first 4-5 digits) and see what comes up..

Also, put the Serial number on apples's website and try registering(this will confirm it is an original phone not a stolen phone)

I too bought an iphone 4 32Gb FU for 40k in India through ebay...also, they SHOULD let you connect it to itunes...that's the least they can do.

Hi....

I am using iphone for the first time.

I have iphone 3GS running on 4.2.1 unlocked and jailbroken.

Baseband version is 5.15.04

i want to update to 4.3.2 then jailbreak.

I guess after that i need to unlock also.

1.Can i use the following tutorial to do the update?

Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 Untethered On Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.6 [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

2.If i update to 4.3.2 will it change the baseband version also?

3.If yes to which baseband?

4.after that will i be able to unlock?

thanx in advance

If there are sufficient members interested, I can arrange for original Gevey pro sims at 2000/-. Interested members please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back