The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Harpy.eagle said:
guys, is there any app (desktop, windows or cell based) which can sign 10s or rather 50 apps in one shot, in batch processing? I found apps to install and uninstall multiple apps in batch process, need one which can handle signing.
You could use FreeSigner to sign many apps in one shot right from the mobile. I have done up to 5 in one shot, it should be able to do 10 also. Dont know what's the max no it can sign in a single shot.

@praks, u can get freesigner on opda or mobile9 sites. Its easy to use app, so u wont need tut for that.

In freesigner in mobile, one needs to add each and every file one by one as a task no? Its painful. A windows based application where we can drag and drop or give path of multiple sis(x) files would be great.

Installing apps to mobile again and again after formatting is a tough and time consuming task. Also the no at which we can get new app for 5800 is quite high so a batch processing of such things like signing new files installing and uninstalling would be of great help.

One more thing i would like is, a windows based simulator for any mobile. On this we can install and try new softwares and only if worthy can install on mobile for actual use. Installing tonnes of apps just to get idea of them makes mobile slow sometimes. I had this idea from the days i was using 6630, my first (smartphone) mobile.

vpraveenis said:
You could use FreeSigner to sign many apps in one shot right from the mobile. I have done up to 5 in one shot, it should be able to do 10 also. Dont know what's the max no it can sign in a single shot.

@Harpy.eagle

200 % AGREE WITH You on this - One more thing i would like is, a windows based simulator for any mobile. On this we can install and try new softwares and only if worthy can install on mobile for actual use. Installing tonnes of apps just to get idea of them makes mobile slow sometimes. I had this idea from the days i was using 6630, my first (smartphone) mobile.

Are you aware of any such windows based simulator ?

:) not yet. But i guess SDKs and other development tools must be able to do the job. Or even testing platforms should be. It would be nice to hear from the people working in this domain.

Definitely the SDK.s have simulators with cool pictures of mobile like image and buttons. Its a pain to setup, but it is worth it in the end. I did try some basic apps.. But if you wish to have gps or similar apps checked out, seems you would have no other go than with the mobile installation.

Harpy.eagle said:
:) not yet. But i guess SDKs and other development tools must be able to do the job. Or even testing platforms should be. It would be nice to hear from the people working in this domain.

Harpy.eagle said:
One more thing i would like is, a windows based simulator for any mobile. On this we can install and try new softwares and only if worthy can install on mobile for actual use. Installing tonnes of apps just to get idea of them makes mobile slow sometimes. I had this idea from the days i was using 6630, my first (smartphone) mobile.
Praks said:
You guys seem to think alike. ;)

My 5800 Xm seems to be having some problem with the screen, due to which on locking the phone nd turning it back on, I get lines on the screen, but If I keep it on, it displays fine.
I guess I have to replace the screen, so wanted to know, if anyone knows where to get it replaced for cheap in mumbai, with original screen of course.
Indraprashta charges around 1.4k for replacing....

Guys, please suggest a good call recording app. Also, is there anyway to get a signed version of RomPatcher? Is it possible to make the camera remember the settings that were used previously?

Guys, anybody tried full flashing using NSU (to v51) instead of OTA? I flashed my phone with XTension ^10 CFW. It has really cool transition effects. I want to know whether its because of the CFW or v51!

That reminds me, is there any way to set a numeric keyguard for the 5800? Like we have on the basic Nokia phones, which require a numeric code to be entered after the "unlock" + "*" combination?

Back