The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

foruamit2004 said:
I'm on V50.0******, search feature is still working for music files(search from the Home screen),

Was there anything like search inside the Music player? :p.

Yes of course there was!....and for me there still is! since im on v40......once music player is open >>> All Songs >>> Options >>> Find

^^^ That option is not there for me now, anyway I never used it, so no problem, rather I used to search from Home screen, Good lord! At-least that is still there :).

1. Select home screen Theme as "Shortcut bar", To do that - Settings --> Personal --> Themes --> Home scr Theme

search option should come in home screen. If not then go - Settings --> Personal --> HomeScreen --> homescreen(again) --> then select the list of items to be displayed in home screen(Search is one of them)

2. Other method - simply add "Search" as a shortcut in any theme(except the Basic theme I guess).

Settings --> Personal --> HomeScreen --> shortcut --> add a shortcut from applications.

I am thinking of buying this phone but I am a little apprehensive.
This is the cheapest phone with all the features. Nokia has released so many newer phones, so do you think they will stop the development of 5800?
I mean will they continue to release firmware updates or should I consider the v50 to be the last update?:huh:

mayank_asthana said:
I am thinking of buying this phone but I am a little apprehensive.
This is the cheapest phone with all the features. Nokia has released so many newer phones, so do you think they will stop the development of 5800?
I mean will they continue to release firmware updates or should I consider the v50 to be the last update?:huh:

i did have that thought when i was buying this phone 2 months before thinking v40 was the last... but now they've released v50.. so nokia proved me wrong...

but all we can do wait and watch.. but at this price point, and the freebies we get with this phone.. this is a great phone.. go for it... strictly if have now problem with the touch screen as in some cases like acessing new message wen in landscape mode.. u'll have to use ur nails.. in rest of the cases ur fingers wud doo

Tron05 said:
guys, how many hours does 1 full charge last?

i am on 3G and a normal day usage gives me 1- 1.5 day battery life... compared to 4-5 days on my SE W830i(but, yea that was on 2G). Is this normal for this phone?

Not sure about battery life with 3G, but I charge my 5800 once a week with my typical daily usage.

^seriously? i have to charge it every night. i don't talk a lot on the phone but i do text and listen to music for about an hour every day on it.

My usage is mostly 45~60 Min avg talk time daily and 3 alarms in the morning. Don't use the phone for music or such. When I use it for long periods for browsing over WiFi, the battery does drain fast. But the least battery life I have seem is still a bit over 2 days.

Bought 5800 .
I also happened to have Iball Baton USB WIFI dongle.
Plz tell me how to use internet (intech ISP via lan) from PC onto 5800.
I can share internet on another PC via Lan cable.
But I don't know about WIFI.

need step by step guide.

My new 5800's HS : :eek:hyeah:

scr000003j.jpg

I am using a CFW bro.
Go over dailymobiles s60v5 modding section, you will find lots of CFW's. Am using Upakul's XTE Blaze.
If you don't want to do all the flashing stuff, then download the new "Orange Tsunami HS" from here :

ziddu.com/download/10050245/Orange_Tsunami-Tornado.rar.html

The only thing is that this does not have the original nokia icons(like you see in my scrnshot) but instead have the orange icons.

hi guys have been searching for a spica for quite sometime. Since i couldnt get it from my city got myself a 5800. Have updated the firmware to v50

1. I want to know whats the best IM client for the phone. which supports yahoo/skype/gtalk with voice calls and file transfers
  2. What is the best browser.
  3. Also are there any must have apps for the phone

Thanks

Installed CW from here. After installing, I was able to synchronise with Outlook using PC Suite. But, when I try to sync now, the sync component of PC Suite says "Connected phone is not supported by PC Sync". Other functionalities such as opening contacts, SMSs etc seem to work through PC Suite. Anybody faced this problem?

Back