The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

MenTaLLyMenTaL said:
^ Cable not provided.
Price: 13500.

I tried my earlier N95's TV Out Cable with my new 5800. But it doesn't work.

Any way to overcome this problem ? Basically they must be the same cables na ?

Darshan said:

It means TV Out hardware is not present in your new 5800. Else, it should have worked, I tried my N82's TV Out cable with my 5800 and it worked flawlessly.
Just check at the back of the box whether its mentioned 'TV out not supported' or you can try another cable just to confirm.

geek ashish said:
I think Nokia must be selling the older bundled Handsfree in their stores.
these used to come with
Photo zoom - GSMArena.com

Though it's not the same but it's on nokia india sit
Nokia India - Nokia Stereo Headset WH-701 - Overview

Ya thats a good option, I'm gonna do that as soon as my exams get over now.

@ajb.ghajb, that player is nice, but not convinient to do the hand gesture each time especially when ur phone is in ur pant's pocket :)

Darshan said:

Even I tried it yday with a cable used to connect my sony handycam to TV. Its a 3.5mm connector at one end having 3 separators and on the other end, the usual Yellow, Red and White. But it didn't work. However, my tv screen got wavy and i could see a bit of filenames from the filemanager which i had open in the phone.
Praks said:
if TV out chip is removed from cell, it will not work at all with any cable.
There's no mention of a 5800 version without tv-out chip on the net.

goodakash said:
It means TV Out hardware is not present in your new 5800. Else, it should have worked, I tried my N82's TV Out cable with my 5800 and it worked flawlessly.
Just check at the back of the box whether its mentioned 'TV out not supported' or you can try another cable just to confirm.

How is the N82's tv-out cable?

geek ashish said:
enable auto update in control panel

BTW have you installed OVI suit or PC suite?

i have not installed anything.... usb storage mode dosent require pc/ovi suite to be installed... No luck with auto update...

guys, how many hours does 1 full charge last?

i am on 3G and a normal day usage gives me 1- 1.5 day battery life... compared to 4-5 days on my SE W830i(but, yea that was on 2G). Is this normal for this phone?

Tron05 said:
guys, how many hours does 1 full charge last?

i am on 3G and a normal day usage gives me 1- 1.5 day battery life... compared to 4-5 days on my SE W830i(but, yea that was on 2G). Is this normal for this phone?

Yes, 3G drains battery. switch to GSM only mode and witness the increased battery life yourself. This phone has one of biggest batteries available today(1300mA).

Gaurish said:
Yes, 3G drains battery. switch to GSM only mode and witness the increased battery life yourself. This phone has one of biggest batteries available today(1300mA).

Ohh. I never realized that. Will try it now :)

Hey guys i was thinking of getting this phone, but i was wondering...the 5800 has been on the market for about a year and a half now, and hasn't received a single hardware upgrade. Now that the C6 is launching at the same price point, do nokia have any plans to upgrade this model??

And yeah, is it available in anything other than that dreadful red coulour?

Hey, I want to buy the AD-54 + HS-83 earphones for my new nokia 5800 as my earphones dont have controls near the mic.

I'll be buying it from ebay here: eBay India: Nokia HS-83 + AD-54 Headset for N85-N96-N97mini. (item 350349464976 end time 10-May-2010 16:26:26 IST)

How can I check if the product is original nokia's? The nokia care center in my city told me that AD-54 + HS-45 cost about rs.700-800 but this one on ebay is just 599 and that too HS-83 which is better.
@arsenalmaniac
Its available in black now. The back side is not reddish brown like the red one and the side has silver lining. I like its looks.

MenTaLLyMenTaL said:
@arsenalmaniac
Its available in black now. The back side is not reddish brown like the red one and the side has silver lining. I like its looks.

Great, thx for that:)...the red is a real turn-off.

Anybody know if a replacement/upgrade for the 5800 is coming anytime in the near future?

c6 can be considered as an upgrade, has qwerty keyboard.

Apart from that, you need bigger screen, better cam, better flash, latest OS... wait for N8 ;)

Anyone aware of good Symbian Emulator..

Is there any application using which one can test SIS files on computer ?

Just want to test the app on comp before signing it & transferring to mobile.

Back