The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

I just brought an Nokia X6 now I need help to install a few games from the ovistore website directly into the phone by connecting the phone thru pc, can some one guide me as how can this be done. Cuz i dont have wap / gprs activated.

i am sorry if i am posting this in a wrong section

^ You can try using Firefox. Change the user agent to that of the X6 (Google this part up), download directly to your PC, copy the files to your phone and you are set. :)

friends

thanks a ton i was able to download the apps on my pc but for games it just downloads 4kb, 5kb jad files where as the actual size of the games is 0.5mg or around 1 mb etc

thanks again, finally i was able to install a few apps on my phone and download some music files on my nokia X6.

now a few more questions.

1. how do i setup and use nokia / ovi maps this app is preinstalled on my phone but when i go to maps it says "cannot connect" where as after activating wap now i am able to open google in my nokia x6 browser i.e. net is working.

2. also in maps after opening i am shown a map of new delhi, how do i get my current loaction i.e. location in mumbai and maps on mumbai.

3. if i connect my cell phone nokia x6 to a pc thru usb then can i use / share internet from the computer on my phone cuz i have a faster speed net on my pc. is yes then how do i do it.

Praks said:
NO need to use even User Agent... There are other tricks using which u can download directly from OVI to ur PC :) SIS file
Pls share those tricks. Even with user agent, I got some apps as .dm which the phone refused install. It treated .dm files as video. :D

^ Just renaming won't help. You need to use a hex editor and remove part of the initial code so that the phone understands the format (video or .sis)

You need to open the .dm files in a text editor (eg. notepad) or even better a hex editor and then delete all the human-readable guff at the start of the file - everything up to the little "z" at the start of all the non-readable numbers (or up to the 7A 1A 20 10 sequence if you're looking at it in hex). It's about 3-4 lines of stuff. Then you save it as .sis and install as normal.

Good luck, and save a backup of the .dm first - if you delete too much it's stuffed.

Try this and post the result.

Yeah, used it for while. it always runs in background. therefore eats up memory. because of that sometimes i get "memory full" errors. removed it for that reason

guys, is there any app (desktop, windows or cell based) which can sign 10s or rather 50 apps in one shot, in batch processing? I found apps to install and uninstall multiple apps in batch process, need one which can handle signing.

Back