The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

Thanks Hanzy.. Hopefully this would be fixed in their next firmware release. Not sure whether I'd be happy turning the accelerometer feature off. Just want to see that the display does not auto rotate even at the slightest jerk/bump which seems to be happening now.

hanzy said:
+1 , but then ive mentioned in my review that i turned it off since i dont like it....the accelerometer is very sensitive.....but im not bothered and nor should u be bothered ..cause thats a KNOWN thing to Nokia and is as a upcoming fix in their next firmware release :) ......go thru my review thread all the replies and u will find a link there posted by someone for the list of fix's or just google :) ....turn it off and njoy.......but wait let me tell u , turning it off only disables the switching between landscape and portrait every now and then , in games i can still use it :D...but yes again very sensitive there....lets be patient and wait for the SP1 on this S60 :D

hmm... read about it on other forums too... it seems like you are right... whats the use of the phone if one is not able to make a call with constant sound for even 3-4 mins :|

pisen said:
hmm... read about it on other forums too... it seems like you are right... whats the use of the phone if one is not able to make a call with constant sound for even 3-4 mins :|

lets face it...a huge chunk of the shipment must have come to India by now....some are expected to be V11 while some are expected to be V10.......I just spoke to someone 2 mins back and the call dint go in and out....although in the immediate next call it happened again....its like the person constantly fades away and then pulls back in to the normal ....u can maintain a conversation , its not that u cant hear the person all-together.......its all over the place..this is NOT a firmware problem cause people with V11 are having the same issue as well......and i really dont think nokia india people would have a fix / expertise to fix the issue...the last thing u would want is to have your new phone and make your first call from the showroom to ur loved one and have this fade winamp like plugin :lol: although the issue in my phone started almost 10 days later....im more of a handsfree and sms person so it really doesnt bug me.....although its good to know Nokia UAE has a fix for this and already has fixed the issue (got it from the other showroom)...and it feels more good to know that it goes today and comes back in a week...so im cool with it...........so a word of caution...all phones havent been affected but then u never know when the issue might crop up OR u might be 'THE ONE' :bleh:

Edit : :lol: this now gives me a chance to review the N78 :lol:

^^ Wats the fix 'Nokia UAE' has and other NPDs don't have??

Is it a simple software update or some hardware issue??

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Firmware V11.0.08 Changelog:

* Homepage is not defined for Vodafone Live!

* Last word disappears when selecting receiver in SMS

* My Nokia: phone displays “#” in front of Application name.

* During Back-Up & Restore operation, calendar entries are not restored

* Operator menu link within Welcome application

* Invalid message pops up before playing the file received via Bluetooth.

* Input Method, VKB just display number when selecting a WLAN access point which contains a password.

* Chinese box HWR control buttons and FS HWR control bar are too small.

* Unable to add image to Contact bar from Gallery when there is about 5 GB of data in memory card

* In Arabic UI, in calendar, the arrows on the top are reversed in week view and day view

* UI-rotation is too sensitive

* Search: Google search service is missing in Search.

* Contact could not display when switch numbers in Singtel 2-in-1 SIM card

* Maps: Wrong layout of the strings in the Maps search and favorites views

* Could not send new email if user name and password is not pre-defined

* Phone drops from service when both A5/3 +GEA3 used simultaneously with WLAN

* The Messaging application crashes a lot specially when replying or trying to send SMS you have to remove battery to be able to use the device again

* License Manager for Maps is not integrated to SW

* 5.0 Touch: Phonebook crashing when adding detail: Birthday, Anniversary

* Web screen is messed up

* Non stop Music Player “Library update”

* Clock, Alarm is inactive when phone is power off.

* APN Configuration Settings Update to be used for the Setting Wizard

* Ex-Factory settings are wrong

* UE unable to open Setting Wizard

* StartUpSettings version updated.

* Phone lost correct time during power off

* USSD - “Call Control Send USSD” command

* UE drops from 3G, then cannot sync to 3G cells

* Browser: Flash objects causes problems while browsing

SOURCE

Well nokia personal will have to give a replacement/ or repair the sets for the problem once a proper solution is out. So as such i have no problem.

Same thing here. Maybe 3rd,4th or 5th. Will be pushing my NPD for 3rd, as i have my heart all set for that date now :)

PhOeNiX said:
Well nokia personal will have to give a replacement/ or repair the sets for the problem once a proper solution is out. So as such i have no problem.

:O how do they replace it ? with another handset with the same problem ? do u think they would have enuf handsets shipped to start with replacements over the desk ? and then the repair / replace ranting would start.....try it...get the phone and go directly to their service center they would be :O wth is that now ! :lol: and trust me saying its not a problem is easy then being with it.....happy "hello"ing.......although i really really wish with all my heart that everyones handset here turns out to be in perfect shape with no bugs and no voice issue at all........:hap2:

Switch said:
The handsets would be available on 5th Jan with the NPD's...

PhOeNiX said:
Same thing here. Maybe 3rd,4th or 5th. Will be pushing my NPD for 3rd, as i have my heart all set for that date now :)

:hap2: all the best people....

@ i read on the nokia / other forum that some guy in uae had the problem and has the phone rectified .....no clue on wat was done to rectify the problem....

SOFTWARE ? FIRMWARE UPDATE

Tip: To check the software version in your device,
select Menu > Settings and Phone > Phone
mgmt. > Device updates.
AS SHOWN IN USER GUIDE

OR

YOU CAN GO TO NOKIA SERVICE CENTER

I DID WITH MY E51 AT HOME

quality > cost! atleast for me! i was so optimistic about this phone and its an uber disappointment!

everything is good except the touch interface! i wanted a new phone and had my eye on this one... but now im in a total dilemma!

Great news, They are here at last ....!!! I got a call from my NPD to come and collect the two pieces I pre-booked. Unfortunately the payment receipts are in my sisters hand bag and she is at office. I will be collecting them tomorrow.

sridharcg said:
quality > cost! atleast for me! i was so optimistic about this phone and its an uber disappointment!
everything is good except the touch interface! i wanted a new phone and had my eye on this one... but now im in a total dilemma!
y? wats wrong with the touch interface?? seemed perfectly fine to me... don't compare it to the iphone coz that's a totallee diff. technology ;)

all the best everyone :D hope everyones phone turns out perfectly fine and no bugs and no speaker issue !! :no:

decalpha said:
@ i read on the nokia / other forum that some guy in uae had the problem and has the phone rectified .....no clue on wat was done to rectify the problem....

Seems that the latest firmware did the trick.

nope....read the entire thread , people with the newer firmware continue to face this problem as well.....

Back