The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

hanzy said:
nope....read the entire thread , people with the newer firmware continue to face this problem as well.....

That's bad, unfortunately I have already booked my 5800 some time back :(

decalpha said:
That's bad, unfortunately I have already booked my 5800 some time back :(

congrats in the 1st place........be +ve.....and hope u dont get any of the bugs :eek:hyeah: :hap2:

I know that you have sent your phone back already for an update but still did you try any Java games or softwares on the 5800XM?

I want to know if the java games meant specifically for 240x320 screens can be played on it or not? Does the app occupy a portion of the screen and the rest part occupied by a D-pad? Is there any compatibility mode on the phone. The All About Symbian review mentioned that there would be a compatibility mode but later reported that this feature has been removed in the final firmware.

Update: Wavetel mobile website show the phone is now available, and at a price of 19.5k :hap2:

Me expecting the price to come down sooner :cool2:

Another update: Another mobile website shows the phone is "coming soon" @ 18.8k :clap: :clap:

OT: I cant find any link to edit my last post.. how to do it?

vpraveenis said:
Another update: Another mobile website shows the phone is "coming soon" @ 18.8k :clap: :clap:

OT: I cant find any link to edit my last post.. how to do it?

Nokia will own the touch screen market if they adopt a proper pricing and proper price down strategy.......

vpraveenis said:
Update: Wavetel mobile website show the phone is now available, and at a price of 19.5k :hap2:

Me expecting the price to come down sooner :cool2:

Does the wavetel mobile website have an "Add to cart" option. If available, click on it and in the resulting page view the price and post it here. If it is 19.5k still then there is reason to cheer. But I think that the price they mentioned is without tax.
If the tax is 12.5% then the total price becomes Rs.21.9k, if the tax is 4% then the total price becomes Rs.20.28k.

Plz post the total price here.

The 5800 XpressMusic Goes On Sale In India - Officially

From - The Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Now Available In India | The Symbian Blog
untitled.jpg
As of a few hours ago the much awaited Nokia 5800 Xpress Music handset has gone on sale in India at price fluctuating between Rs. 20-22,000 (450$) depending on the dealer and region. To reflect this development, the Nokia India website has also switched from displaying ‘Soon your touch will play music’ to the above - NOW!
headphones.gif

The handset comes bundled with a pair of Sennheiser LX90 earphones (pictured above) and the retail package contains the headset, data cable, TV-out cable, carrying case, Video Stand, a 8 GB microSD, a plectrum chord and the usual contents. The 5800 also comes packed with over 250 tracks.
=============================================================
Thank god they are providing some nice headphones with their phones! The headphones provided with the N85 are simply terrible!!

Re: The 5800 XpressMusic Goes On Sale In India - Officially

They should have provided atleast cx300 for that price .. headset that came with n85 is uber crap .. no doubt abt it.. i will check with my local dealer abt the price of 5800 tonight ..

Any nokia mid end/high end phone that initially costs above 20k is always buggy.. my n85 with its initial firmware was a bit unstable .. now with ver11 its rock solid with a tiny few bugs still there which will get rectified with future firmware update for sure. Dont worry, nokia is working on ver20 firmware for 5800 and it will improve the phone by leaps and bounds.

Though n82 was a quite an exception to this. Used it for 10 months. It was rock solid on every firmware i tried ..:hap2: now that's quite a rarity for nokia handset :p

Got the phone today , its a good phone , only thing that bothers me is the camera quality and the phone cover which is very awkward . are there there any accessories available for it at present like scratchguard / covers .

Got the phone for 20.6k with headphones.

How to remove that ugly scratch guard?

sck_2000in said:
are there there any accessories available for it at present like scratchguard / covers .

Yep, I am also looking for scratch guard and a good carrying case. scratch guard is an absolute must for any touch screen phone. The NPD fellow here told me that it would take some time to get them through them, However theres already the invisiSHIELD and some others available in US ranging from $7.99~$24.99

had few more questions :

does the accelerometer work on turning on eitherside or just on one side

and how do u put the phone in this phone case, seems like its scratching the front screen

any specific way or just stuff it in , noticed a small hole in the phone cover , is this some sort of orientation guide .

ya phone case is scratching the screen of 5800 so m not putting in it

anyone how to remove that scratch guard?

techpal said:
ya phone case is scratching the screen of 5800 so m not putting in it
anyone how to remove that scratch guard?

Is that a scratch guard?? From what i see, it's just a cover to protect the screen in packing.. It's got pattern all around and it also has the "Media bar" on it permanently... how will you watch full screen videos with it? I feel that thing is not meant for use along with the phone. You need to remove it along with the cover protecting the camera... The demo piece at NPD didnt have anything of that sort..

Back