The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

decalpha said:
Try this if you are adventurous enough else take it to Service centre.

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Post all your Nokia 5800 Xpress music problems here! - Nseries Devices and S60 Smartphones - Nokia Support Discussions

Guess, the volume issue is finally fixed.

aha! so someone fixed it with the hardware thingie....btw , not sure if we could do it ourselves......warranty issues here.....

btw my phones submitted to the nokia care center and expected fix time is 1day :lol: Should be back with me asap.....v11 and volume bug fixed.

@ all so confirmed it a "MANUFACTURING DEFECT".....no doubt the problem EVENTUALLY showed up on my phone after 1 week and there IS a possibility it might show up in others too....SO p33ps who have got their newbie toys today .......this is what u look out for....

hanzy said:
aha! so someone fixed it with the hardware thingie....btw , not sure if we could do it ourselves......warranty issues here.....
btw my phones submitted to the nokia care center and expected fix time is 1day :lol: Should be back with me asap.....v11 and volume bug fixed.

Yes, opening the phone will probably void the warranty. Good to know that your phone has been fixed. BTW, my 5800 already has v11 firmware.

decalpha said:
Yes, opening the phone will probably void the warranty. Good to know that your phone has been fixed. BTW, my 5800 already has v11 firmware.

:hap2: excellent on the v11 part......btw is the camera still a disappointment in v11 ? :no:

hanzy said:
:hap2: excellent on the v11 part......btw is the camera still a disappointment in v11 ? :no:
I will have to check that since it's being charged right now. Any specific thing you are looking at ?

hanzy said:

In low light condition - yes. the pics are too grainy...

NeViLLe said:

:no: :no: day pix are very nice actually.......but then like u said...low light and after sunset :no: infact i've noticed the flash spoils the picture further......

sck_2000in said:
had few more questions :
does the accelerometer work on turning on either side or just on one side

Hey what about the accelerometer rotation?? Even i was wondering if the screen rotates in both the sides??

And what about the screen cover thingy?? anyone managed to remove it?

vpraveenis said:
Hey what about the accelerometer rotation?? Even i was wondering if the screen rotates in both the sides??

And what about the screen cover thingy?? anyone managed to remove it?

nope as far as i know the rotation works only 1 way and secondly.......removing the screen cover is easy , just pull it off...but you would want to do that at a proper shop where you can put on a scratch guard right there on it..

hanzy said:
nope as far as i know the rotation works only 1 way and secondly.......removing the screen cover is easy , just pull it off...but you would want to do that at a proper shop where you can put on a scratch guard right there on it..

Maybe a nice little app can make it happen :D

Screen guards must be around the corner...If we are mainly using finger, it must not me getting scratched that easily.. and the panel is changeable. You can change the colour of your phone once in a while :hap2: :hap2:

NeViLLe said:

In low light, there is a slight greenish tinge.... like the one I have seen on the E90 cam in low light conditions

has anyone noticed a small gap just below the front camera , in the dark u can see a light glowing thro it ?

I heard its the normal design of the phone ,just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed.

Re: The 5800 XpressMusic Goes On Sale In India - Officially

has anyone got the stand the DT29. i do not have the same ? ? ?

has anyone got the stand the DT29. i do not have the same ? ? ?

Sales package contents :

5800 XpressMusic with pen stylus
Battery (BL-5J)
High Efficiency Charger (AC-8)
Music Headset (HS-45, AD-54)
Video-out Cable (CA-75U)
Connectivity Cable (CA-101)
8 GB microSDHC card (MU-43)
Carrying Case (CP-305)
Stand (DT-29) -------------------------------------- MISSING, THIS IS LISTED ON INDIAN SITE
Stylus plectrum in wrist strap (CP-306)
Extra pen stylus
User guide and Quick guide
Mini DVD

sck_2000in said:
has anyone noticed a small gap just below the front camera , in the dark u can see a light glowing thro it ?
I heard its the normal design of the phone ,just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed.

i personally dint notice anything "below" the front camera in my phone....

No gap here too. My pics are a bit reddish , not greenish.

I got the stand. It looks like a bottle opener. Check again.

Tried a few videos mp4 format. Work flawlessly , and is fun to watch also:). Just waiting for the phone to be released globally, especially all of europe and US of A. Then the apps will start pouring in.

Back