The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

PhOeNiX said:
Are you in an Open WLAN network or a proxy driven one ? If the latter, can u guide me ?

You mean setting up wifi-network on your laptop and use ICS to get your 5800 online ?

No. I mean using the WLAN on the 5800 to connect to my hostel wifi and use internet on it.

PhOeNiX said:
No. I mean using the WLAN on the 5800 to connect to my hostel wifi and use internet on it.

So I guess you can connect to your hostel wifi, but you need to configure proxy settings to access internet right ? No proxy settings view on 5800 ?

Nokia 5800 XM Thread

Since a lot of people are going to have this phone and have got it already. this thread is for all those stupid and intelligent questions and answers:bleh:
if the iphone can have one dedicated thread, this phone deserves one as well surely. so lets begin with our phone queries. first thing i want apps, games and themes sites or links please. i am waiting for change the look of the phone

Hi guys

Couple of problems for me with the phone.

1) When the phone connected in pc-suite mode, while transferring data it would give the error 'connection lost'. It happens all the time whenever I try to transfer contacts, calendar details, music etc to the phone in this mode. Now when I connect the phone in 'mass storage' mode, the browser would crash while copying songs. Then strangely the device would get identified once again by windows. Because of these I am unable to transfer data to my phone. :mad:

2) The songs that have come with the phone are locked for me. Whenever I try to play them it would say that the songs are locked and would ask to unlock them. Upon clicking unlock it would open the browser window, but won't connect to any page as the url comes up as blank :(

Anybody else facing these issues? These things are driving me mad.. The second issue is not a big problem as its only the music that is locked, but the first one is a big headache because of which I'm not able to transfer anything.

PhOeNiX said:

I dont have the phone, but I can see that from the user manual, the proxy server and port numbers can be set in "Advanced" setting options for WLAN.
Check page 72 of the user manual.... I downloaded the manual from the Nokia india support site.

Had posted this on an earlier thread. Re-posting this in here. Sorry for the double post.

Please reply if you have any suggestions here.

1) When the phone connected in pc-suite mode, while transferring data it would give the error 'connection lost'. It happens all the time whenever I try to transfer contacts, calendar details, music etc to the phone in this mode. Now when I connect the phone in 'mass storage' mode, the browser would crash while copying songs. Then strangely the device would get identified once again by windows. Because of these I am unable to transfer data to my phone.

2) The songs that have come with the phone are locked for me. Whenever I try to play them it would say that the songs are locked and would ask to unlock them. Upon clicking unlock it would open the browser window, but won't connect to any page as the url comes up as blank

Anybody else facing these issues? These things are driving me mad.. The second issue is not a big problem as its only the music that is locked, but the first one is a big headache because of which I'm not able to transfer anything.

junk_qwe said:
Had posted this on an earlier thread. Re-posting this in here. Sorry for the double post.

Please reply if you have any suggestions here.

1) When the phone connected in pc-suite mode, while transferring data it would give the error 'connection lost'. It happens all the time whenever I try to transfer contacts, calendar details, music etc to the phone in this mode. Now when I connect the phone in 'mass storage' mode, the browser would crash while copying songs. Then strangely the device would get identified once again by windows. Because of these I am unable to transfer data to my phone.

2) The songs that have come with the phone are locked for me. Whenever I try to play them it would say that the songs are locked and would ask to unlock them. Upon clicking unlock it would open the browser window, but won't connect to any page as the url comes up as blank

Why don't you take it your friendly Nokia Priority Center, and see what they have to say about this:p

Had called them yesterday.. Was busy during the weekend. Will try to take it sometime during this week.

Anybody else having similar issues?

The Alchemist said:
Why don't you take it your friendly Nokia Priority Center, and see what they have to say about this:p

junk_qwe said:
Hi guys

1) When the phone connected in pc-suite mode, while transferring data it would give the error 'connection lost'. It happens all the time whenever I try to transfer contacts, calendar details, music etc to the phone in this mode. Now when I connect the phone in 'mass storage' mode, the browser would crash while copying songs. Then strangely the device would get identified once again by windows. Because of these I am unable to transfer data to my phone. :mad:

2) The songs that have come with the phone are locked for me. Whenever I try to play them it would say that the songs are locked and would ask to unlock them. Upon clicking unlock it would open the browser window, but won't connect to any page as the url comes up as blank :(

seems more like a pc related issue , try the same on another pc and revert back....

May be..

Will try on another pc tomorrow and will update the results.

hanzy said:
seems more like a pc related issue , try the same on another pc and revert back....

The workaround for this is that you make it detect as mass storage device and after that you open windows explorer and then copy stuff into it from the left pane window :)

what happens when u dial *#0000# , i am sorry if asked before one of my friends just dialed that

Well answered your query in the definitive 5800 thread...

its better if we post our queries there...

I am sure many people would be interested in getting Screen guards for their 5800 like me, I think we should locate a good source and work out a deal through KMD. What say guy's?

Back