The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Lord Nemesis said:
I am sure many people would be interested in getting Screen guards for their 5800 like me, I think we should locate a good source and work out a deal through KMD. What say guy's?

me in for this :hap2:

Sorry to go offtopic, but had to comment on this - " Prison Break and Heroes Season Over too soon ! "

@hanzy
Dude, you got your TV info really wrong.

Heroes - Season is not over, Volume 3 is over. Season 3 continues with the first 12 episodes of Volume 4 - Fugitives starting on the 2nd of Feb.

Prison Break - Season 4 is not over, it is only on a hiatus and will return in Spring '09 US time. This break for the holidays is very common, and happens with every show.

alsiladka said:
Sorry to go offtopic, but had to comment on this - " Prison Break and Heroes Season Over too soon ! "

@hanzy

Dude, you got your TV info really wrong.

Heroes - Season is not over, Volume 3 is over. Season 3 continues with the first 12 episodes of Volume 4 - Fugitives starting on the 2nd of Feb.

Prison Break - Season 4 is not over, it is only on a hiatus and will return in Spring '09 US time. This break for the holidays is very common, and happens with every show.

break or no break , the break came in too soon thats all i meant....:rofl: :bleh: ...feels good to know its coming back :D , will edit my siggy...

Lord Nemesis said:

i havent seen the links yet , but i read on 'other' forums that FULL screen protectors which dont have a proper provision for the proximity sensor are having issues , cause as soon as a call comes the screen guard blocks it and the screen goes blank , so we need to ensure that doesnt happen.....will now check links :)

hanzy said:
i havent seen the links yet , but i read on 'other' forums that FULL screen protectors which dont have a proper provision for the proximity sensor are having issues , cause as soon as a call comes the screen guard blocks it and the screen goes blank , so we need to ensure that doesnt happen.....will now check links :)

Yeah that's right.. the proximity sensor "detects" object and shuts the display down during calls..and this happens if it's covered by a screen guard

That gets me thinking... what happens when a call comes in and the mobile is inside the pocket... the proximity sensor would detect and shuts down the screen.. good for saving battery :eek:hyeah: but does it switch on once the device is taken out of pocket or it still stays off??

And I read somewhere that calls can be muted by placing the phone face down.. with the aid of proximity sensor.. again if calls get muted this way, we would not realize a call coming in if the device is in pocket.. the proximity sensor will simply mute the incoming call.... :huh:

Lord Nemesis said:
I am sure many people would be interested in getting Screen guards for their 5800 like me, I think we should locate a good source and work out a deal through KMD. What say guy's?

i got my screen guard. it does not cover the camera and the sensor. 300 bucks

@vpraveenis The proximity sensor in the Nokia 6210 navigator, mutes the ringtone and starts vibrating is turned face down.

Is there really a separate proximity sensor or is the function associated with the accelerometer? Even the N95(both the original and 8GB version) can be muted by turning the phone face down is a particular application is installed on the phone.

Update on the data transfer issue.

Connected my phone using pc suite in another machine (Win XP SP2) and voila.. the data transfer is working.. :hap2:

Still have issues with mass storage mode, but it is something that I can live with as long as the pc suite mode is fine.

Thanks guys for your help!

junk_qwe said:
Update on the data transfer issue.

Connected my phone using pc suite in another machine (Win XP SP2) and voila.. the data transfer is working.. :hap2:

Still have issues with mass storage mode, but it is something that I can live with as long as the pc suite mode is fine.

Thanks guys for your help!

:hap2: told ya , so now go ahead and fix your comp ....a clean install would work best here...

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

I would say buy if you have the budget. But really, i recommend you try out the phone in ur nearest NPD before you decide.

nikeel said:
Nokia India site NOW showing 5800 as current model.

Yeah, they changed that a couple of days ago.. and also fixed the booknokia.com link issue now.

I used WinAVI yesterday to convert Die Hard 4.0. I used 640x352, should have used 640x480, but still , got amazing conversion, the video played flawlessly. Remaining settings were default.

PhOeNiX said:
I used WinAVI yesterday to convert Die Hard 4.0. I used 640x352, should have used 640x480, but still , got amazing conversion, the video played flawlessly. Remaining settings were default.

:eek:hyeah: im still waiting for the direct 700mb rips to play :eek:hyeah:

Back