The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Anyone having a problem with speeds while transferring songs to the device through the micro-usb??

I'm gettin very low transfer speeds <1mb/sec... and I think it might Vistax64 might be the culprit here... any inputs??

Just bought the scratchguard for the 5800. Cost me 400 bucks :S

Got it from a Nokia Priority Dealer in Fort. It is the normal "Scratchguard" brand which comes with the N70 photo on its packaging. It is specifically made for the 5800.

Anyone having a problem with speeds while transferring songs to the device through the micro-usb??

I'm gettin very low transfer speeds <1mb/sec... and I think it might Vistax64 might be the culprit here... any inputs??

I get around 3-5MBPS while transferring. Make sure your WMP sync is not running, and any other programs that can jam the lines :p

nikeel said:
Just bought the scratchguard for the 5800. Cost me 400 bucks :S

Got it from a Nokia Priority Dealer in Fort. It is the normal "Scratchguard" brand which comes with the N70 photo on its packaging. It is specifically made for the 5800.

How good is it. Worth getting?

nikeel said:
Its quite good. Only downside is it is much more prone to fingerprints than the earlier one.

+1 to that...

Is there a fingerprint resistant screenguard available here or in the US that we can source??

nikeel said:
The Nokia 5800 is now available in The MobileStore for Rs.19200 !!!

Rs.300 Mark-to-market loss already ;)

Is the price inclusive of all taxes and duties?

Did u get this price from their website or did u go to a physical store?

This price is from which city?

hotshot05 said:
Is the price inclusive of all taxes and duties?

Did u get this price from their website or did u go to a physical store?

This price is from which city?

From their website.
Their website prices are always inclusive of Taxes unlike other online retailers like wavetelmobiles

I have tried the phone with both EP 630 and EP 830 and though i aint a audiophile both sound equally good with EP 830 being marginally better maybe cause of the better fit...

And after using the phone almost for a week i can easily say that the phone is a absolute dream to use. I am just waiting for more apps to hit the net...

Till then enjoying sodoku... Get it from here...

SudokuMaster: Easy to learn but a challenge to master!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

Ok. I have finally got the GPS to work. Was quite easy.

It took about 4-5 minutes to connect the first time. Subsequently it is able to obtain a GPS lock within a minute or two :clap:

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

i used it for calculating speed and distance while travelling from office to home.. It was fairly accurate.

Showed avg speed, top speed and distancee.. The speedometer reading was 8Km and GPS in 5800 showed 7.8kmm.. Ofcourse accuracy depends largely on ccontinuous GPS signals

I have now jumped from a N70 directly to the 5800. While I could enjoy installing unsigned applications on the N70, I am now suddenly restricted to installing only signed apps. I have a couple of queries on Symbian apps for version Symbian 9.x:

1. I know that .sisx files don't work on Symbian 8.0 phones. But do .sis files work on Symbian 9.x ? I was under the impression that Symbian 9.x requires only work with .sisx files but I find that on many sites such as mobilesmania, .sis files are provided for Symbian 9.x

2. Can I install software downloaded from mobilesmania directly, or can install those softwares only after 'hacking' their phones to allow them to install unsigned software ?

3. Does a symbian installation file have to be signed for each IMEI number separately?

4. Can u suggest some more sites such as mobilesmania?

Back