The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Guys who've bought the screen protector from Nokia Priority Dealers, could you please post your impressions about it here. Is the screen protector anti-glare? Is it resistant to fingerprints or a fingerprint magnet?

Fahrenheit said:
Guys who've bought the screen protector from Nokia Priority Dealers, could you please post your impressions about it here. Is the screen protector anti-glare? Is it resistant to fingerprints or a fingerprint magnet?

Not too sure about the antiglare part. But it sure is a fingerprint magnet.

the phone comes with nokia ca 101 cable...want to know can it be usb charged??the phone..as the cable supports the same

also the low price u ppl mentioning is without sennehieser right?

i think im going to have that problem hanzy had. if u hold the phone tight to the ear it scrambles. oh well im tired of changing phones im sticking to this one surely

nikeel said:
Is it just me or does the Nokia 5800 lose time whenever it is switched off & restarted ?

Nothing like that in my phone... must be a specific problem with your handset.... get your phone checked... I think the internal button cell needs to be replaced

I now have the same problem as hanzy had and no it does not get charged with the usb cable when connected to PC which is a definite downer...

Switch said:
I now have the same problem as hanzy had and no it does not get charged with the usb cable when connected to PC which is a definite downer...

:no: :no: :no: eventually "all" 5800's will face that problem.....i mean its a manufacturing defect and sooner or later it will come up !.....

I read that a guy got a exchanged phone with the same issue after a few days , lets be realistic , the russian blog where the phone was exposed shows it all....the speaker just sits on top of the board with its contacts , unless nokia decides to pair them up physically with wires as a fix....

I dont know how nokia is fixing this issue currently....but mines fix'ed!....

hanzy said:
:no: :no: :no: eventually "all" 5800's will face that problem.....i mean its a manufacturing defect and sooner or later it will come up !.....
I read that a guy got a exchanged phone with the same issue after a few days , lets be realistic , the russian blog where the phone was exposed shows it all....the speaker just sits on top of the board with its contacts , unless nokia decides to pair them up physically with wires as a fix....

I dont know how nokia is fixing this issue currently....but mines fix'ed!....

Did your phone arrive back from UAE ?

Switch said:

ya confirmed it via some other site too...though heard for n series nokia have started usb charging.....
but 5800 was from a long time in making and before n series was abt to launch so this was bypassed....as mentioned on that site by a user

nikeel said:
Did your phone arrive back from UAE ?

not yet , like i mentioned in the review thread , its fixed and in use out there with my pal....no ones coming down from UAE this or next week so it would be back around the 25th....

Well if don't fix it in 48 hours i am going to consumer court and talking my money back.

TBH i don't like the phone that much. Only if i could get a iphone 3G somehow.

am really disappointing to see you guys going through so much trouble with this new phone. Ill be waiting for few more months and see your long time user-experience,then I'll consider buying it.

Switch said:
Well if don't fix it in 48 hours i am going to consumer court and talking my money back.

TBH i don't like the phone that much. Only if i could get a iphone 3G somehow.

What did the Nokia Care guys say ?

Well they called me a while back claiming that they have fixed it. Satisfied to hear that. Will go and pick it up tomorrow...

Switch said:
Well they called me a while back claiming that they have fixed it. Satisfied to hear that. Will go and pick it up tomorrow...

Good to hear that. Keep us updated once u get it back. I really hope that its rectified. :hap2:

Back