The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

I played around with the phone today and I second switch.. even though it's a nice phone otherwise, the interface is a big let down

Nokia usually have a intuitive and easy to use interface but seems like they have goofed up big on this one...

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone, but looks like the Nokia engineering dept was under major pressure to meet a pre-determined release date and the final result suffered as a result

hmmm i've been using it for a couple of days now...and found the interface to be quite good. You have to remember that most of Nokia's customers are repeat customers so overhauling the UI completely would have lead to a lot of connfusion for the non geeks/techies crowd. Apple on the other hand had a clean slate to work with so they didnt have to worry about any of this. Honestly other than the youngsters how many people above the age of 40 do you see carry around an iphone...?

Don't get me wrong, the Iphone interface is great but i find the Nokia interface to be quite good as well.

Fahrenheit said:
hmmm i've been using it for a couple of days now...and found the interface to be quite good. You have to remember that most of Nokia's customers are repeat customers so overhauling the UI completely would have lead to a lot of connfusion for the non geeks/techies crowd. Apple on the other hand had a clean slate to work with so they didnt have to worry about any of this. Honestly other than the youngsters how many people above the age of 40 do you see carry around an iphone...?

Don't get me wrong, the Iphone interface is great but i find the Nokia interface to be quite good as well.

I agree. In fact except for the single click - double click confusion, I find the interface great !!

Switch said:
Well if don't fix it in 48 hours i am going to consumer court and talking my money back.

TBH i don't like the phone that much. Only if i could get a iphone 3G somehow.

hi switch...
may i know what happnd to the 5800 ??

i am myself goin to buy the cell for my girl today..
would like to know some drawbacks and problem faced by others

Re: The 5800 XpressMusic Goes On Sale In India - Officially

Good to hear that 5800 is available locally .Now i have to start colleting money to buy it .Btb how good are the LX90 earphones wen compared to EP630 and the CX400

Switch said:
I yet have to go to collect it... Will update in 2 hours time...

Switch check for one thing when collecting the phone......I've read and heard of hanging issues after the speaker issue is fixed.....try this......

Compose a text message and try 'searching' for a contact to which you have to send an sms....and see if the phone still responds fine....

jokes apart , I stated it before and say it again - eventually all 5800's will face the issue, since it a problem with the manufacturing.....until it pays a visit to the service center for the fix.....

NOTE: Over the time there is all possibilities the issue will re-occur.....once the contacts of the speaker get 'suppressed' again , until its opened up and 'pull' off manually for it to waiting to happen until next time......:no: :no: :no:

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

Nimit said:
has anyone facing the fading voice problem...i am?

:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: Welcome to the group.......who's next :rofl:

jokes apart , I stated it before and say it again - eventually all 5800's will face the issue......until it pays a visit to the service center for the fix......and

NOTE: Over the time there is all possibilities the issue will re-occur.....once the contacts of the speaker get 'suppresed' again , until its opened up and 'pull' off manually for it to waiting to happen untill next time......:no: :no: :no:

Does anyone know the solution to the 'fading voice' problem....i find it peculiar that Nokia has looked over such a basic bug...

nikeel said:
Has anyone downloaded QuickOffice through the link provided in the Downloads section? If yes, what is the size of the download ?

Nikeel,
i did, and it should be done via wi-fi access point. dont try it with ur GPRS connection. if the connection gets broken, it @#%@!% stops downloading and u have to start all over again.
i.e. its not small enough to be done via GPRS.
must be ~ 1-3 MB

Back