The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Fahrenheit said:
I'm currently using the screenguard which came with the Phone..
I've ordered ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield. Should take a couple of weeks to ship to India, will post here once i receive it.

In case any of ull wanna buy this or anything else from the site Enter SHOWSP09 in the discount coupon box. Ull get 50% off ur total bill..but hurry though that offer is valid only till 19th jan....

are they chargin for shippin ??
i`ll order one too .. plz reply asap

Everytime i switch on my 5800, it uses GPRS for some reason.
transfers abt 1 KB data and stays on.
has anyone noticed similar ?

i want to find out which b33ch software is managing to connect even when all access points are configured to "prompt before use"

anyone ??

I am sure its one of those offered recently by xpressmusic.in
ive noticed this after installing those applications.

i hope i dont have to un-install/re-install in order to find out which one is the b33ch

is there any way to stream music and videos from hdd to the phone ? :S , on N95 8gb i used to download stuff from pc using wifi and controlled pc media player with the phone . 5800 has no option in music player to play via home network :( :mad:

Does the new firmware v11 show alphabets in the number dialpad?? Apps like the T9Nav uses the text in the dialpad for searching. I think that was missing in the v10 firmware.... Nokia managed to add it in the v11??

Those who have the 5800....can you post the applications you have already installed on the phone.

I have installed the following:

Gmail Mobile

Opera Mini

Google Maps.

Anyone has managed to install the full version of Adobe PDF Reader and MSDict Mobile Dictionary? I am searching for the full versions of these (not demos or trials) and any help would be appreciated.

vpraveenis said:
Does the new firmware v11 show alphabets in the number dialpad?? Apps like the T9Nav uses the text in the dialpad for searching. I think that was missing in the v10 firmware.... Nokia managed to add it in the v11??

No. It isn't there in v11 as well.

nikeel said:
No. It isn't there in v11 as well.

Oh no... :no: :no:

In the v11 changelog, they mentioned the change for the wlan access password input keypad... but left out the number dialling pad!! Why Nokia why?? :huh: :huh:

been a week since i got my 5800, 19200 mobilestore, v11 firmware out of the box. Overall, awesome phone! i'm completely satisfied!

the display- good and bad. good obviously because its extremely clear and hi-res (better than iphone), bad because its what will kill battery life most! i managed to drag on with moderate sms'ing and calls for two and a half days with battery then dying, but lasted only one day with watching one 3 hour movie. guess thats how it is. anyway phone has only one minus point, a proper avi player application. smart movie may have been updated, but it is software accelerated and plays avi's very jerkily. surely a device that can play a 640x360 2mbps mp4 file CLEARLY AND SMOOTHLY must be able to play a less than qvga resolution avi file smoothly... waiting for 3rd party support, maybe an optimized version of core player...

other than that, phone is simply mind blowing. no hardware problems at all, and every feature i ever wanted is in it! simply superb job nok! :D

Good and honest review from GenetiCDisasteR.

+1 to that

GenetiCDisasteR said:
been a week since i got my 5800, 19200 mobilestore, v11 firmware out of the box. Overall, awesome phone! i'm completely satisfied!

the display- good and bad. good obviously because its extremely clear and hi-res (better than iphone), bad because its what will kill battery life most! i managed to drag on with moderate sms'ing and calls for two and a half days with battery then dying, but lasted only one day with watching one 3 hour movie. guess thats how it is. anyway phone has only one minus point, a proper avi player application. smart movie may have been updated, but it is software accelerated and plays avi's very jerkily. surely a device that can play a 640x360 2mbps mp4 file CLEARLY AND SMOOTHLY must be able to play a less than qvga resolution avi file smoothly... waiting for 3rd party support, maybe an optimized version of core player...

other than that, phone is simply mind blowing. no hardware problems at all, and every feature i ever wanted is in it! simply superb job nok! :D

what is the best place to get themes, games and apps for this phone. nice and clean and easy sites only please. most of these online sites dont seem to work and its annoying

jesal said:
what is the best place to get themes, games and apps for this phone. nice and clean and easy sites only please. most of these online sites dont seem to work and its annoying

Check out these

S60 v5 Symbian OS 9.4 Applications - MobileCastle

Symbian os 9.4 -S60v5 Apps & games - Nokiaapps

S60 v5 Symbian OS 9.4 Games - Noeman GSM

Note: These forums are allowing cracked versions of the apps to be posted and viewable by registered members. Since these are not directly piracy related sites, I have posted these links.

Back