The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

i got the red one and yeah im regretting it kinda... the brownish tint that it has when under sunlight, it is just gay. not cool at all. i wish i'd have gone with the blue one atleast.

beware buyers, don't go for the red one, its got a really ugly color...

For all with headphone problem: I had earpiece problem and a thumbnail sized part was removed/replaced check nokia care may be it might be a problem !

Hey can anyone confirm if the long press of volume key takes us to the next/previous track when music player is playing mp3s and running in the background?? :S

GenetiCDisasteR said:
i got the red one and yeah im regretting it kinda... the brownish tint that it has when under sunlight, it is just gay. not cool at all. i wish i'd have gone with the blue one atleast.

beware buyers, don't go for the red one, its got a really ugly color...

finally thank u someone noticed it atleast. i was smart to get the blue one since before plus i was always the blue person

vpraveenis said:
Hey can anyone confirm if the long press of volume key takes us to the next/previous track when music player is playing mp3s and running in the background?? :S

thats a pretty nice feature.

vpraveenis said:

Nopes... nothing like that here... pressing the volume key while music player is playing mp3s and running in the background... just increases and decreases the volume...

viralbug said:
thats a pretty nice feature.
Yeah.. it's present in my Sony ericsson walkman phone... :eek:hyeah:

NeViLLe said:
Nopes... nothing like that here... pressing the volume key while music player is playing mp3s and running in the background... just increases and decreases the volume...

Short key press will increase/decrease the volume.. how about long key press(press and hold for a few seconds) ??

mathew_p_a said:
Hey , here is one link from Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.in/NOKIA-5800-XPRESS-music-with-WARRANTY-BILL-AND-ACCSRS_W0QQitemZ220353410192QQcmdZViewItemQQptZIN_Mobile_Phones?hash=item220353410192&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A1|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

The brand new 5800 is listed for 18k.

By using a 5% voucher I can still reduce it to 17100 Rs :cool2:

Also FREE shipping..

Too good to believe and the the seller seems to be having no feedback or rating.... I am suspicious:(

Any suggestions ?

IF u r doing payment thought paisapay then there is no need to worry even I had found a deal on 5800 on ebaY for 16,500 bucks shipped but the guy was not accepting paisa pay.

2 tips for 5800 users, i found them out recently. Many might already be knowing these, but what the heck.

1. Flipping the phone on to the touchscreen side face down when you receive a call,automatically silences the call, no vibration also. Works even in Vibration mode.

2. The picture gallery works somewhat like the iPhone when it comes to going to the Next/Previous picture, by just finger flicking it in the appropriate direction.

3. Speeding up the phone TRICK :

Courtesy : DailyMobile.se

(Place the current date in the phone on the 01.05.2005.)

The first two tasks must be created. This is done with the following menu:

>Options

>New entry

>Task

Create the following two tasks in the following order:

1.Task

*Subject: Speed

* Due Date: 04.08.2005

*Priority: High

2.Task

*Subject: Qoukie

*Due Date: 04.08.2005

*Priority: Low

Confirm with OK both tasks.The calendar does not close before!

Choose now the task of view on the following menu:

*Options

*Task view

Set Speed first, followed by Qoukie menu is done:

*Options

*Done

Under this approach, you can close the calendar and the current date back correctly.

From now should speed the navigation menu significantly increase. Also, the gallery should now be a performance boost get.

After a reboot or reset the phone, the effect is lost.After the switch, everything has to be repeated

I tried this method, and it seemed to work. BUt dunno why i think i did not do it right as i cannot find any "Tasks" Option in my 5800. Only to-do notes/memos/anniversaries/meetings . If anyone else knows how to get it done, do post here.

Back