The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

is there anyone using the phone without any sort of scratch guard or protection? is the touchscreen response better? does it get scratched easily?

i'm thinking of removing my scratchgard.. it looks fugly and my friend tells me that his phone responds better without it on.

ashr said:
is there anyone using the phone without any sort of scratch guard or protection? is the touchscreen response better? does it get scratched easily?

i'm thinking of removing my scratchgard.. it looks fugly and my friend tells me that his phone responds better without it on.

i use my pals phone with the scratchguard the entire day today and i personally used mine with a scratch guard too......no problems wat so ever...however a pal says that even without the scratch guard the phone is resistant to scratches , but then why take risk :)......the phone is properly responsive even with the scratch guard on and i dont think it would make a difference without it.....so keep it on :)

ashr said:
^it just makes the phone look cheaper than it already is :p

:lol: 1st of not many people have this phone......just looking at the phone in someones hand is drool'worthy in the 1st place......and its entirely an individuals' perspective if a "scratchguard" on the phone makes it look "cheaper" than it already is :no: :no:......its like saying :

"its raining outside , but i wont wear my rain gear or take an umbrella , cause that would make me look cheap in public, I would rather go out , get wet and fall ill the next day" :rofl:

for the phone , rather than having to look out for a new body after its nicely scratched by the articles in your pocket or by an foreign object its wiser to let it look 'cheap' :)

^there are quite a few people here who have this phone.

the problem is the scratchgard attracts a lot of fingerprints and it's quite unsightly. wiping it with the cloth doesn't really help.

i'm pretty careful with my phones. i don't put them in the same pocket as keys or other sharp objects. i just want to know if this screen is like any other normal mobile phone screen (in which case, i think i can keep it safe) or is it extra scratch prone since it's a touchscreen.

on an unrelated note, is google maps better than nokia maps? i got screwed last weekend when i visited bangalore and had a flight to catch. the map gave me directions to the old airport resulting in a 45 minute detour. thankfully i got on the road well in advance or else i would have missed my flight.

the volume of the headphones of my nokia5800 is a bit low(i tried 3 diff ones incl ep630). anyone facing the same prob?
could this be a firmware issue or some prob with the 3.5mm socket in my phone?btw my phone has ver11.
thanks

^yup mine are very low too... not even 75% of what i can get out of my ipod. it's quite disappointing.

i hope this is something that can be fixed.

Well for me the volume is pretty loud. Try a different set of headphones and if the problem persists take it to the Nokia Care. Should get it fixed...

Switch said:
Well for me the volume is pretty loud. Try a different set of headphones and if the problem persists take it to the Nokia Care. Should get it fixed...

have you compared the output at max volume with something like an ipod? i tried using the same headphones on both the 5800 and the ipod (both set to max volume) and the ipod was much louder. this was also the case when i connect either to my car stereo using an aux cable.

it's really annoying when trying to listen to music in traffic. i can't hear anything. my ipod was loud enough to conceal even nearby car horns.

for avi, its pretty much useless as of now... atleast until a new version of coreplayer is released. no avi file plays well with the current 3rd party support. even a smartmovie converted video will shutter while playback, which is sad because it can play a 640x360 2mbps mp4 video SMOOOOOTHLY (real player) and not play a dumb 176x144 96kbps divx file smoothly... :(

Back