The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

draz said:
hey aditya

is the ear piece problem fixed in this one?

I searched on the internet for the above earpiece problem, and found that it is a major problem.

I have no such problems in my phone, had a conversation for 1.5 hrs on max volume.

Can any1 plz tell me about firmware v20

I have three questions

1. Has the firmware reached India ???

2. Does it void warranty (if it hasnt reached India yet) ?

3. Is it advisable to upgrade or keep at the present firmware v11.0.008 ?? :huh: :huh:

^the firmware isn't out yet. we are all waiting for it. some people managed to get it as Nokia released it and then pulled it back after a week for some reason. you can still flash your firmware to v20 using another country's product code but that will void your warranty. i wouldn't advise on doing that right now.

aditya_bha said:
I searched on the internet for the above earpiece problem, and found that it is a major problem.
I have no such problems in my phone, had a conversation for 1.5 hrs on max volume.

Can any1 plz tell me about firmware v20
I have three questions

1. Has the firmware reached India ???

2. Does it void warranty (if it hasnt reached India yet) ?

3. Is it advisable to upgrade or keep at the present firmware v11.0.008 ?? :huh: :huh:

Finally , congrats on the purchase , that was quick ;)

1) Firmware was launched and pulled back , wait for its official re-release.
2) Yes it would as explained above.
3) Forget abt the v20 and njoy the phone as is with v11.

And dont be so bothered with firmware releases...they would come when they have to.... njoy.

Oh! and yea mostly u shouldnt face the earpiece problem.....so dont be paranoid abt it too...just incase u get it , its a 15-20 mins visit to the nokia care center as they fix it on the spot and give it back.......mine had it ;) and its fixed for good......btw : how much did u get it for ?

hanzy said:
Finally , congrats on the purchase , that was quick ;)

1) Firmware was launched and pulled back , wait for its official re-release.

2) Yes it would as explained above.

3) Forget abt the v20 and njoy the phone as is with v11.

And dont be so bothered with firmware releases...they would come when they have to.... njoy.

Oh! and yea mostly u shouldnt face the earpiece problem.....so dont be paranoid abt it too...just incase u get it , its a 15-20 mins visit to the nokia care center as they fix it on the spot and give it back.......mine had it ;) and its fixed for good......btw : how much did u get it for ?

Thanx Hanzy...will wait for the new firmware to come to india..

btw..I got it for 18200 from a Nokia Priority Dealer :eek:hyeah:

I copied the mail folder from my previous N70..

How do I access the mail folder of this phone ???

One thing more

Why does the autoplay screen keep on coming when connected to a PC ?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

aditya_bha said:
Thanx Hanzy...will wait for the new firmware to come to india..
btw..I got it for 18200 from a Nokia Priority Dealer :eek:hyeah:

I copied the mail folder from my previous N70..
How do I access the mail folder of this phone ???
One thing more
Why does the autoplay screen keep on coming when connected to a PC ?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

use the "SWITCH" application in ur "Application" Folder and it will be a breeze to transfer stuff over....

to disable the popup on phone > Settings > Connectivity > USB > Select the connection mode you wish and then select "No" in > Ask on connection :clap:

and regarding autoplay on PC > it will come cause it will detect the phone as a "removable" device.

hanzy said:
use the "SWITCH" application in ur "Application" Folder and it will be a breeze to transfer stuff over....

to disable the popup on phone > Settings > Connectivity > USB > Select the connection mode you wish and then select "No" in > Ask on connection :clap:

and regarding autoplay on PC > it will come cause it will detect the phone as a "removable" device.

The autoplay screen keeps on coming several times

and also thers one problem I dont have the N70, I sold it :ashamed:

aditya_bha said:
Thanx again..the autoplay thing worked..
but thers one problem I dont have the N70, I sold it :ashamed:

ouch! , then maybe u can try this.......Go to messaging , Settings and switch the memory device from phone to card for the messaging , once done , connect to PC in Mass Storage mode......browse to the mem card , ensure u have "show hidden files and folders" option selected and also allowed viewing of system files........find the mail folder and do the stuff.....not sure if the xfer would work , but ideally should.

does anyone know why i get a message that says "Closed User Base" or something like that when receiving or making a call?

also... when i'm browsing, it constantly asks me which connection i want to use to access the internet... almost on every page. gets annoying. any way to turn it off?

ashr said:
does anyone know why i get a message that says "Closed User Base" or something like that when receiving or making a call?

also... when i'm browsing, it constantly asks me which connection i want to use to access the internet... almost on every page. gets annoying. any way to turn it off?

"Closed User Base" = something to do with ur calling group.......call ur service provider for this......

Browsing issue =

Internet > Web > Options > Settings > General > Access Point > "Select" Appropriate ......

:hap2:

I have a question:

If I add birthdays to my contacts' details, will it automatically show up in the calendar? Or do I have to add calendar events separately?

hanzy said:
what are u talking about man , ur talking about a "VGA" camera ! which you wouldnt use even if it would have worked......Im on V11 and my front Camera "works"........i can stream / save / record everything using the front camera !....that too over the wifi.....

hanzy, can u post how to do this ?

Hells_Fury said:
I have a question:
If I add birthdays to my contacts' details, will it automatically show up in the calendar? Or do I have to add calendar events separately?

You will need to add it separately.

There was a software called Handy Dates which automatically ported your contacts birthdays to your calendar. I think its available under some other name now under the Handy software suite.

hanzy said:
uninstall old instances of nokia pc suite frm pc / use rear usb port on mobo and check......

ps.1. backup data from old pc suite if uninstalling.

ps.2. logging out.

Still its not working, keeps on autoplaying in mass storage mode :mad: :mad:

Fahrenheit said:
^it's a known issue. You'll have to wait till they update the software.

nope , there is something else messed up ....try on a different comp.......if its a firmware issue then it HAS to happen on all the phones....and its not so !....

Back