The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

i removed my scratch guard because it made the phone look really cheap. what i've noticed is that the real screen is actually QUITE resistant to scratches. i don't handle my phone with care and i've dropped it twice or thrice on the road. i can't see any visible scratches.

of course, don't try stupid things like scratching with a key :p

hanzy said:
i got mine for 150 buks :clap: , excellent quality , came with a scratch guard for the camera too....and covers the full front face not just the screen......the sensor part is chopped to prevent issues with the sensor and the 3g cam , besides the sensors / earpieces / buttons all covered :) . While I chose a roadside small shop to do the job for me , a friend of mine got the 'same' one for 300 buks from a shop with a 3 month warranty on the scratch guard.......baaah! :p

where did you get it from??

VideoToiPodConverter.exe

here is the link of a useful software that some might need.

It can convert a video to various qualities of your choice.

Presently using 320x240 30fps 192kbps(iPod) and the conversion is quite quick.

This software is far better than that crappy video centre, PC suite software, which is slow like hell and some or the other time it encounters a problem.

Have a try

abhisheksahas said:
Well i have both of them with me and to do any audio comparisions you need both to compare. if anybody has a doubt then they can buy both and then compare.
ps: the sound output from those tiny speakers of 5800XM is, well, just optimum for human voice frequencies for which it was designed i think, dynamic range is very restricted.

The chinese phone uses a more musical speaker, meaning it has more dynamic range. plus the musical output is at a much higher comfortable levels.(drawback = battery drains faster)

ps: it is not a audiophile level comparision with lab instruments et al, but in an environment which we generally are used to in our daily life.

If you are getting autoplay repeated no. of times in mass storage mode...it is due to some damaged sectors on your memory card...

I got two damaged sectors in hdtune...
and everytime the bad sectors were identified...at that very moment autoplay repeated..
So I am sure that damaged sectors have something to do with the autoplay.
ie autoplay repeated two times, one time each for 1 damaged sector.

But the real thing confusing me is that..
It shows up damaged sectors if scanned via phone
How ever,
It does not show any damaged sectors if scanned via memory card reader.

Can this be a possibly firmware bug ???

Can someone check their cards via phone thru HD Tune

I checked 3 5800s for this and found the same ( 1 mine and 2 friends )

aditya_bha said:
If you are getting autoplay repeated no. of times in mass storage mode...it is due to some damaged sectors on your memory card...

I got two damaged sectors in hdtune...

and everytime the bad sectors were identified...at that very moment autoplay repeated..

So I am sure that damaged sectors have something to do with the autoplay.

ie autoplay repeated two times, one time each for 1 damaged sector.

But the real thing confusing me is that..

It shows up damaged sectors if scanned via phone

How ever,

It does not show any damaged sectors if scanned via memory card reader.

Can this be a possibly firmware bug ???

Can someone check their cards via phone thru HD Tune

I checked 3 5800s for this and found the same ( 1 mine and 2 friends )

What is HD Tune?

By the way I am also getting several autoplays with my card in mass storage mode.

nikeel said:
What is HD Tune?
By the way I am also getting several autoplays with my card in mass storage mode.

that happens only sometimes when the phone firmware refuses the comp to read a particular sector, and hence it autoplays..

doesnt happen with the card reader

try scanning with quick scan and after a phone restart only ... ull get to know..

P.S. HD Tune is a software
HD Tune website

i have tried to update 10 times all times failed. it says u have a slow internet connection. i so want to update but i hate my internet big time.

Back