The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

amazing thing they did by putting the menu key on the touchscreen .. i think i will directly switch to firmware 21 :hap2: ...

ajex said:
amazing thing they did by putting the menu key on the touchscreen .. i think i will directly switch to firmware 21 :hap2: ...

dude --- i have the menu key on my shortcuts bar even on my v11...and i had it even on my v10 :S

hanzy said:
dude --- i have the menu key on my shortcuts bar even on my v11...and i had it even on my v10 :S

it makes more sense having menu button along with dialer/contacts rather than as a shortcut in the shortcut bar. I think thats what he is happy about

buBleZ said:
it makes more sense having menu button along with dialer/contacts rather than as a shortcut in the shortcut bar. I think thats what he is happy about

well , the image doesnt show a nokia theme , its a custom theme , there are plenty of themes available even currently that allow to do so....notice the font on the screenshots , its a custom theme , the current 5800 version of handy shell allows to do the same as well....and thats what i think it is in the screenshots.....

ppl i just received a replecement for my 5800xm as it had faulty loudspeakers,
the person from nokia checked the phone and replaced within 10 mins

Any body got Idea How to Play the preloaded vedios
its seems to be locked and give invalid clip Message if played ?
Actually they are huge in no i.e 200 so if thay cant work i think it should be deleted
waiting for any advice

drkhalsa said:
Any body got Idea How to Play the preloaded vedios
its seems to be locked and give invalid clip Message if played ?
Actually they are huge in no i.e 200 so if thay cant work i think it should be deleted
waiting for any advice

i am asking the same question too.
these videos need to be unlocked , but how :S

I have tried to update the firmware on my 5800 thru NSU and the phone went kaput...

The phone had a trouble with intermittent connection with USB. When I tried to update the firmware version, it timed out..:mad:

Apart from giving to nokia care, anyone got any suggestion to have the phone reset?.

Otherwise I will need to go tomorrow(Are they open on Sundays? ) to nokia care to have this corrected. Hope that they will help me.

mathew_p_a said:
I have tried to update the firmware on my 5800 thru NSU and the phone went kaput...
The phone had a trouble with intermittent connection with USB. When I tried to update the firmware version, it timed out..:mad:
Apart from giving to nokia care, anyone got any suggestion to have the phone reset?.
Otherwise I will need to go tomorrow(Are they open on Sundays? ) to nokia care to have this corrected. Hope that they will help me.

You could try a hard reset...

While booting up press the Green Button + Red Button + Camera Button

Thanks Neville for the reply

I had already tried. Not working

I heard it work only with firmware v20. Mine is 11.0.008.blue.01:(

NeViLLe said:
You could try a hard reset...

While booting up press the Green Button + Red Button + Camera Button

hey guys... I am a n95 user, considering buying this fone, were u guys able to take to touch screen easily??...can some existing users pls list out the pro's and con's?...thanks

If you are looking for a camera to take pictures.... a definite no no....

I bought it last week and I am still playing with it.. I will give you updates when I am fully satisfied with its capabilities...

one good thing to say...

GPS is awesome man.. with its "walk to destination", you will make your friends go WOW!!

I will follow up more details soon :)

Jasku said:
hey guys... I am a n95 user, considering buying this fone, were u guys able to take to touch screen easily??...can some existing users pls list out the pro's and con's?...thanks

mathew_p_a said:
If you are looking for a camera to take pictures.... a definite no no....
I bought it last week and I am still playing with it.. I will give you updates when I am fully satisfied with its capabilities...

one good thing to say...
GPS is awesome man.. with its "walk to destination", you will make your friends go WOW!!

I will follow up more details soon :)

thanks buddy...there is this seler on ebay selling it for 17.5k with bill and warranty, not sure if i can go ahead and buy it from him...where did u pick up urs and how much???

That is a big troublesome question... I see that you are from chennai. i am too and I also had a big trouble locating a good deal.. may be you can give it a try... `

I am not sure about ebay.. Ppl are saying paisa pay will give you protection... but for me this is fairly a big amount involved...So I stayed away from it..Let me know the outcome if you are going for this.

If you were from Mumbai, I see that many members reply saying that mobiles are available there for around 18k.. Try there if you have a good friend there.. In my opinion there is no need to worry abt warranty as the mobile comes with all india Warranty:) I have friends in Mumbai, but I was sleepless :eek:hyeah: to get this mobile.

I was locking to buy from Planet M befrore and had gone there. But they had only Jan version of the mobile. So as per instructions, I had to keep away from the Jan version. But if you can get hold of one Feb version from planet M , it will be good. Price is no less anyway,19k, but they are giving 1 yr extra warranty(must be dealers warranty, mind you) and a standby mobile in case you are going in for a repair. They offered me a Rs 400 worth CD also. These are not a big deal... But better than nothing...

I got it from Poorvika...Not becoz I liked them, but the price at every other shop is almost the same and I was just passing through to check the price. I got really frustrated about enquiring here and there and decided to buy. They gave me that for 19k... no offers...except for one good for nothing photoframe... pakka cheaters man...:(

FYI Nokia priority quote was 19.5k.

hope this helps.. Any further queries, throw it at me....:)

*all prices including VAT:)

Jasku said:
thanks buddy...there is this seler on ebay selling it for 17.5k with bill and warranty, not sure if i can go ahead and buy it from him...where did u pick up urs and how much???

I bought from ebay for 16490 after discount.. expecting today.. shipment tracking says "Out for delivery" :D woohoo.. hope its good.. and yeah confirmed with seller, its sealed pack and not sure if its black :(

Back