the loud speaker crackles a little bit at full volume;
firmware=11.0.00.red.01
my setting
equaliser =bassblaster
settings
bass booster= on
stereo widening = on

can any one test on this setting and tell me if it the same for their 5800xm
and also what to do ? should i change the phone?

cool1 said:
ppl i just got my 5800xm i am having some issues that needs to be cleared
the loud speaker crackles a little bit at full volume;
firmware=11.0.00.red.01
my setting
equaliser =bassblaster
settings
bass booster= on
stereo widening = on

can any one test on this setting and tell me if it the same for their 5800xm
and also what to do ? should i change the phone?

its important folks try the same audio file too , which file u are playing ? whats the bitrate of encoding on it ? try different HQ sound files.......and turn bassblaster =off , bass booster = off , stereo widening = off.....no use of it on the speakers , but on the headphones its nice.......

Anyone tried the Download Application??

It's seems broken... i've have downloaded almost 25MB over WiFi but the content does not get loaded... wats wrong there???

hanzy said:
its important folks try the same audio file too , which file u are playing ? whats the bitrate of encoding on it ? try different HQ sound files.......and turn bassblaster =off , bass booster = off , stereo widening = off.....no use of it on the speakers , but on the headphones its nice.......
well i am listening to the pre loaded songs and found out problems on these songs
RACE-pehli nazar mein
atif-doorie
akon-konvicted
still there are more songs but plz try these songs and tell me if the speaker crackles or not
important:- my speaker crackles only on mp3 not on video

When I went to purchase the 5800(after a lot of waiting....) at Planet M, they are having only the 5800 boxes with Jan 2009 on the outside. I told them that I need the Feb shipment. Those guys are insisting that Jan 2009 is the latest and since they are giving one year extra shop warranty, "I dont have to worry"

But at poorvika , I saw the Feb 2009 model at 19k.

I am in a confusion now. Is it good to go for Jan 2009 version with one year extra shop warranty or Buy the Feb 2009 without any extras..Will there be a guarantee that the phone will have good speakers if it is Feb version...

Also the shipment date is written on a whitepaper sticker outside the box. I believe that it is possible for the sellers to tamper these... like printing a new one with new dates or Are those put there by Nokia itself....:S

Plz help me with this situation as I am really very confused...

i suggest get the new feb shipment. the jan ones have the earpiece problem and will make you go to a service center for sure. screw their extra warranty it means nothing but jackshit, they will still tell you to go to nokia care. get the new one.

just go to the guy who is giving you a better price. even if you do have the earpiece problem, it's a quick trip to Nokia Care to fix it. my Jan phone had this issue and i got it fixed. no problems now. it's not that big a deal.

cool1 said:
well i am listening to the pre loaded songs and found out problems on these songs

RACE-pehli nazar mein

atif-doorie

akon-konvicted

still there are more songs but plz try these songs and tell me if the speaker crackles or not

important:- my speaker crackles only on mp3 not on video

Do you have 1 speaker cracking or both of them ??

I also has 1 speaker cracking(left) and got it replaced by nokia care

mathew_p_a said:
When I went to purchase the 5800(after a lot of waiting....) at Planet M, they are having only the 5800 boxes with Jan 2009 on the outside. I told them that I need the Feb shipment. Those guys are insisting that Jan 2009 is the latest and since they are giving one year extra shop warranty, "I dont have to worry"

But at poorvika , I saw the Feb 2009 model at 19k.

I am in a confusion now. Is it good to go for Jan 2009 version with one year extra shop warranty or Buy the Feb 2009 without any extras..Will there be a guarantee that the phone will have good speakers if it is Feb version...

Also the shipment date is written on a whitepaper sticker outside the box. I believe that it is possible for the sellers to tamper these... like printing a new one with new dates or Are those put there by Nokia itself....:S

Plz help me with this situation as I am really very confused...

I recently bought the jan 09 piece, and theres no problem with the earpiece for sure. :clap:

aditya_bha said:
Do you have 1 speaker cracking or both of them ??
I also has 1 speaker cracking(left) and got it replaced by nokia care

I recently bought the jan 09 piece, and theres no problem with the earpiece for sure. :clap:

i think both are crackling ,
speakers crackles more when bass booster and stereo widening and in equiliser bass booster is kept on

btw any one know how to unlock preloaded music videos

paddydevil said:
hey ashr..
what is the problem u had faced cos till now i dont seem to have any prob.
mine in jan shipment.

i had the earpiece problem where the volume would fluctuate on calls. a 15 min fix at Nokia Care.

Back